James Starks, RB, Buffalo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Starks, RB, Buffalo

I am dumbfounded as to why this guy gets no love around here. I was thinking about adding him to my RB rankings for 2010 though. I've been watching a lot on him lately and he looks legit. And also looking at his height/weight (6'2" 211) and his stats (1103 yards, 12 TD's as a Sophomore and 1333 yards, 16 TD's as a Junior), you can't argue with either.

Anyone know anything else about this guy that I don't? How come he isn't getting more pub, other than the obvious reason that he plays for Buffalo. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

He's got some serious skill thats for sure. I'm not sure how it will translate though but I do like him. I even read that Kiper said he thought Starks could have been a late first or early second rounder prior to the bowl game last year. I always thought of him as a late 3rd to early 4th kind of guy. That UConn bowl game probably hurt him too with 25 yards on 13 attempts.

Comment

I have a feeling he will be a late first early second round pick in next years draft very nice player.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
        He's got some serious skill thats for sure. I'm not sure how it will translate though but I do like him. I even read that Kiper said he thought Starks could have been a late first or early second rounder prior to the bowl game last year. I always thought of him as a late 3rd to early 4th kind of guy. That UConn bowl game probably hurt him too with 25 yards on 13 attempts.
        I don't think I'd put too much stock into that bowl game......Buffalo was really outmatched.

If he builds on his success of the last few seasons and puts up similar (or even better) numbers, I think he could be a borderline first rounder as well.

A lot will depend on the post season stuff of course too.... Anyone have a good guess as to his speed or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          I don't think I'd put too much stock into that bowl game......Buffalo was really outmatched.

If he builds on his success of the last few seasons and puts up similar (or even better) numbers, I think he could be a borderline first rounder as well.

A lot will depend on the post season stuff of course too.... Anyone have a good guess as to his speed or anything?
          I would say his speed to comparable to Matt Forte

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I love how you say "he gets no love around here". Just because you didn't hear of him doesn't mean he hasn't been talked about. McGee, myself, Mr. Hero, JHG, all the MAC guys have been touting Starks for awhile now. Where have you been

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              I love how you say "he gets no love around here". Just because you didn't hear of him doesn't mean he hasn't been talked about. McGee, myself, Mr. Hero, JHG, all the MAC guys have been touting Starks for awhile now. Where have you been
              Sorry man, my bad! I guess I just didn't notice. I'm just a little late to the party, that's all. :)

But now I'm here!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Seems like Buffalo has some serious NFL talent right now. Wonder how well they'll do this season especially with Willy gone...
                10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Originally posted by Solomon View Post
                  Seems like Buffalo has some serious NFL talent right now. Wonder how well they'll do this season especially with Willy gone...
                  That could be a big factor in where he gets drafted.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Starks is such a ballar. Buffalo has some nice talent on that team.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      Starks is such a ballar. Buffalo has some nice talent on that team.
                      I like Naaman Rooselvelt, he's a little skinny, but I think he could be a good WR in the NFL. I honestly don't know much about Starks but I think he had a decent game at the Penn State game i was at two years ago, though I easily could be mistaken. Infer what you will...
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

He's the best prospect since Drew Wily. And until Shannon comes out.

If I can be serious though I love this kid and think he'll end up being a steal in the second round. He's slick, he's tough, he's not huge but has good size, I think he can get into the 4.4s by next march. I wonder if we try to get him more involved as a receiver because I think he could be really good there as well.
                        Last edited by Mr. Hero; 05-07-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Really like this kid. He always manages to stick out. A good bowl game last year would have really helped him out but he can probably get pasted the poor performance. Should have a big season this year and be drafted relatively high. Wouldn't say first round, although that isn't impossible.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                            I like Naaman Rooselvelt, he's a little skinny, but I think he could be a good WR in the NFL. I honestly don't know much about Starks but I think he had a decent game at the Penn State game i was at two years ago, though I easily could be mistaken. Infer what you will...
                            Roosevelt played the best against Penn State, I know that. He had a great game.
                            Starks wasn't bad but the running game never took off for us in that game.

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                            He's the best prospect since Drew Wily. And until Shannon comes out.

If I can be serious though I love this kid and think he'll end up being a steal in the second round. He's slick, he's tough, he's not huge but has good size, I think he can get into the 4.4s by next march. I wonder if we try to get him more involved as a receiver because I think he could be really good there as well.
                            Starks is huge in the passing game. You might be talking about lining him up but I love what he does out of the backfield. He'll certainly be getting a lot more interesting looks with Maynard under center.

Comment

Naaman's game is all athleticism. Former QB, lightning fast, could double as an RS.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information