Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    You got Britt and McCourty.

grade: A+++++++++/win/epic real life win.
    This post gives me hope

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
      This post gives me hope
      it also gave me an erection. if you didn't have Kerry Collins, I'd so root for the Titans
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by therock6000 View Post
        I think C+ is pretty generous for the 'boys...
        It would have been considerably lower if not for the Williams trade but I really like that deal.
        Last edited by Scott Wright; 08-06-2009, 03:58 AM.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

• Originally posted by therock6000 View Post
          I think C+ is pretty generous for the 'boys...
          still dont get how my saints got a B+, B- was the absolute maximum that I expected but a C+ would be what i had in mind

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            it also gave me an erection. if you didn't have Kerry Collins, I'd so root for the Titans
            They have Vince Young too...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              It would have been considerably lower if not for the Williams trade but I really like that deal.
              The grade was fair. I'm glad you considered Roy in your grade because many other places overlook that fact when grading the Cowobys' draft. I think there are pros and cons to the situation. He's talented, ready and proven. On the other side, he's expensive, prone to lapses in concentration, moody and has had his fair share of injuries in his young career. But if healthy and focused he helps the Cowboys "now". I'd be lying if I said I was pleased with his connection with Romo in training camp. So far they've failed to gel, but that's what TC is for... to work things out.

So much of this draft depends on the impact that these guys will provide off the depth chart and on special teams. I agree that there weren't many starting spots up for grabs, so the philosophy to build depth was sound. I just had hoped going in that they would've addressed the depth in the trenches with more focus. Do you agree or disagree?

I know they looked at guys like Max Unger, Louis Delmas, Patrick Chung and Jeremy Maclin (surprise surprise), but do you know if they looked at any other players with as much intent? Gosselin had them mocked taking Andy Levitre at 51, but he was on the board and in fact was the Bills pick at 51 after we traded it to them. So I don't know how much they really liked Levitre or just put out a smoke screen that Gosselin bit on.

I feel like they reached just a little bit with Jason Williams, but I know he was climbing draft boards. They brought in Jarron Gilbert and interviewed him several times throughout the process. I feel like they got burned when he was drafted right before our pick. But apparently there are reports that Williams was their target all along no matter what and actually considered taking him at 51. Do you buy that? Do you think Williams would've been there at the Brewster pick (11th pick in rnd 3)?

Speaking of Brewster, you mentioned that he would've been available in other rounds if they had waited. When you scouted him, did you project him as a better Guard or Tackle in the NFL?

Drafting 2 OLBs in Round 4... spending to just to spend? Or was that actually a wise calculated move?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Speaking of Brewster, you mentioned that he would've been available in other rounds if they had waited. When you scouted him, did you project him as a better Guard or Tackle in the NFL?
                Just like Sebastian Vollmer was going to be a undrafted free agent right Scott?;) Scott is great with the player evaluations, but his mocks are not entirely reliable. He may be right that Brewster should have gone in the middle rounds and Vollmer should have been undrafted instead of going in the second.

However, if you want to know where these players would have been available you should go read Gosselin's top 100 before the draft. Goose bases his player rankings on his discussions with pro GM's and scouts. Goose had Brewster going in the third round. So I would have to disagree strongly with Scott that Brewster would have been available a couple of rounds later.
                Last edited by quincyyyyy; 08-06-2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Just made the Buffalo Bills review live.
                  Scott Wright, President
                  Draft Countdown.com
                  www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

• let it go. agree to have your own opinions and stop making me read all this garbage.
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                      let it go. agree to have your own opinions and stop making me read all this garbage.
                      Sorry bout that. All cleaned up now.

quincy, go to the Cowboys forum to continue the discussion. It doesn't belong here. BTW, how could I delete my last message and still let you see my response? You're killin' me! :D
                      Last edited by D-Unit; 08-07-2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Sorry bout that. All cleaned up now.

quincy, go to the Cowboys forum to continue the discussion. It doesn't belong here. BTW, how could I delete my last message and still let you see my response? You're killin' me! :D
                        I mean didn't. Whatev.

Comment

• St. Louis Rams are posted.
                          Scott Wright, President
                          Draft Countdown.com
                          www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

• Will you have them all done by the start of preseason?

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              Will you have them all done by the start of preseason?
                              There are only four left so they should be done by Monday or Tuesday.
                              Scott Wright, President
                              Draft Countdown.com
                              www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

• Just made the Pittsburgh Steelers review live.
                                Scott Wright, President
                                Draft Countdown.com
                                www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information