Joe Haden CB Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Haden CB Florida

So as I continue to delve into the 2010 draft class and try and find some good players I am looking at the top 100 recruits from 2007 and I recognize his name so I decide to click on it.

*He is ranked by many as the top corner in this draft class and that is basically the extent of my knowledge.

So I clicked on the link and I was SHOCKED.
    http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...=46835&Sport=1

Now look at these numbers:
    Ht: 5-foot-11
    Wt: 189 lbs
    Forty: 4.46 secs
    Bench max: 345 pounds
    Bench reps: 40
    Squat max: 535 pounds
    Vertical: 37 inches

Shuttle: 4.25 secs

That is better than most offensive linemen! 40 reps is insane, coming out of highschool he was only 4 reps weaker than one of the NFL's strongest players in Broderick Bunkley! 40 REPS! I've never seen that from a corner. Then on top of that he ran a 4.4. It is likely that he has improved on those during his time at Florida. This kid might be the biggest workout warrior in this draft class. Thats right over Sergio Kindle and Taylor Mays.

So I went to look at his stats.
    http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetai...g=235&player=5
    • He had 3 interceptions, 87 tackles (61 solo and 26 ast.) along with 12 passes defended.
    • During his freshman year he had 0 interceptions, 63 tackles (43 solo and 20 ast.) along with 12 passes defended.

Impressive stats but we can say that stats aren't exactly the best measure of a corner back (Scrabble, Sheldon Brown) so I wanted to see how the #1's did against him. (keep in mind I'm taking guesses as to who was the #1 mostly so please correct me if I am wrong)
    Week 1- Hawaii- Greg Salas (4 receptions- 33 yards- 1 TD)
    Week 2- Miami- Aldarius Johnson (1 reception- 11 yards)
    Week 3- Tennessee- Lucas Taylor (2 receptions- 24 yards)
    Week 4- Ole Miss- Mike Wallace (1 reception- 3 yards)
    Week 5- Arkansas- London Crawford (Lucas Miller Inj.) (3 recections- 40 yards)
    Week 6- LSU- Demetrius Byrd (6 receptions- 73 yards)
    Week 7- Kentucky- Gene McCaskill (2 receptions- 22 yards)(Just a rash of injuries)
    Week 8- Georgia- Mohamed Massaquoi (5 receptions- 112 yards)
    Week 9- Vanderbilt- George Smith (1 reception- 17 yards)
    Week 10- South Carolina- Kenny McKinley (6 receptions- 37 yards)
    Week 11- Citadel- Andre Roberts (5 receptions- 66 yards)
    Week 12- Florida St.- Gregg Carr (2 receptions- 24 yards)
    SEC Championship- Alabama- Julio Jones (5 receptions- 124 yards)
    National Championship- Oklahoma- Juaquin Iglesias (5 receptions- 54 yards)
    It looks like he might need to polish up a little bit because he was burned by some NFL talent, specifically Julio Jones (Who I love <3) and Mohamed Massaquoi. He did only give up one touchdown the entire season so that is good. Overall the Florida defense ranked twentieth overall in pass defense in the nation.

Video:
    He seems like a great prospect (note the word prospect) who has a ton of ability and he did great considering he was starting for the National Champion Gators (sorry Utah) as a Sophomore and going against some of the best talent in college football. I am impressed with him.
    Last edited by Thumper; 05-16-2009, 02:04 AM.

(IMO) He's a product of a weak CB class.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
      Really? I think it is a decent class. You have Haden at the top, yeah he can get better but there is no other corner in this class that has the raw tools this guy has. Then there is Trevard Lindley who is a shutdown corner in the making, long arms, nice jump, good agility and can stick with his man. Alterraun Verner out of UCLA is good as well, he led the country in passes broken up and he is a good cover guy. I like Walter Thurmond III and I think he is better than Jaius Bryd from this years draft. Syd'Quan Thompson out of Cal is a playmaker in the mold of Asante Samuel.

Comment

If he plays like he did last season he's definitely a first round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          Really? I think it is a decent class. You have Haden at the top, yeah he can get better but there is no other corner in this class that has the raw tools this guy has.
          Donovan Warren is just as athletic, except he's 6'1 190.
          I'm a state.

Comment

"That is better than most offensive linemen! 40 reps is insane, coming out of highschool he was only 4 reps weaker than one of the NFL's strongest players in Broderick Bunkley! 40 REPS! I've never seen that from a corner. Then on top of that he ran a 4.4. It is likely that he has improved on those during his time at Florida. This kid might be the biggest workout warrior in this draft class. Thats right over Sergio Kindle and Taylor Mays."

Coming out of HS, prospects do reps of 185. Coming out of college players do 225. While that is an extremely great number and I'm sure he has improved on it, its not comparable to players coming out of college.

Comment

I <3 Joe Haden, but I agree with Bravehart. If he came out as a junior in most classes, he'd be a second rounder. He's got the talent to be lockdown, but he'll only be a first round lock kind of guy unless he stays this year. Keep in mind that last year was only his second year ever playing cornerback.

Comment

He's overrated.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

he doesnt even come close to lindley imo. But then again I would have had lindley as the top corner if he came out this year.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Haden and Donovon Warren are to specimens at the Corner position I really like going into next year, but Haden has alot of potential and I've watched him for awhile...He needs to refine his technique but he has all the skills to play the position at the next level.

Watch out for Chykie Brown though at Texas, I have him pretty close to the other two if he comes out.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

if we are making this a corner thread, watch out for darrin walls(jep im a homer-seller here), he is quite far down everybodys radar now for some reason but he has everything you look for in a corner: size, speed, technique, physicality(sp?) and pretty good man-coverage ability already

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Haden has the makings of a top cover corner. He was almost perfect in the NC game against Oklahoma. I think he'll be the #1 corner drafted next year, but there's a long way to go before then.

Comment

My sleeper would be Brandon Brinkley out of Houston, very productive and has great combination of size and speed.

He could probably use some more polishing, but if he can refine his game a little bit, I think he could be a late second rounder come April.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

He looks like a future 1st rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                              I agree, i don't think next year's CB class is that impressive. Also thumper, coming out of HS, for bench reps, they usually do reps of 175, not 225, so that makes a big difference. IDK if that's the case here, but I'd bet that's why that number is so high.
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information