RealityCheck's Top 32

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealityCheck's Top 32

I was bored and did this. * stands for juniors (I only included the ones I expect to declare). Mark Herzlich is out due to bone cancer diagnosis.

You have guys like George Selvie, Marvin Austin, Everson Griffen and LeGarrette Blount on there but no Brandon Graham?

Comment

I'd say Graham is 35-36.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
        I'd say Graham is 35-36.
        Why are those players ahead of him? Certainly not due to production.

Comment

Selvie and Griffen are better pro prospects than Graham, no offense. Austin, too. But you can't compare a RB to a DE.

Comment

Selvie and Griffen are better pro prospects than Graham, no offense. Austin, too. But you can't compare a RB to a DE.
            I can buy Griffen and Austin as a pro prospect, even though neither one has done anything. I need an explanation for Selvie. Selvie's undersized and doesn't play the run well. Graham outweighs Selvie by roughly 30 pounds and actually plays the run.

Comment

George Selvie DE South Florida 6-4 252
              Brandon Graham DE Michigan 6-2 268

That's 16 pounds. But that's not the big deal. I also think Graham is an outstanding prospect, but I'd rather have Selvie and Griffen.

Comment

George Selvie DE South Florida 6-4 252
                Brandon Graham DE Michigan 6-2 268
                Selvie's not 252. He's more 240-245. Graham's 270-275.

I'd rather have Selvie and Griffen.
                Hey, by all means, if you want less production from your players, take Selvie and Griffen.

Comment

George Selvie: 43 tackles 5.5 sacks, 13.5 TFL, 1 FF
                  Ev Griffen: 18 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 6.0 TFL, 0 FF
                  Brandon Graham: 46 tackles, 10 sacks 20.0 TFL, 2 FF

So Graham had as many sacks, .5 more TFL and 1 more FF than Selvie and Griffen had combined. I can see why you'd want the guys who do nothing.

Comment

Stats are not everything when it comes to the Draft. A bunch of NCAA record breakers went undrafted in the last years.
                    Plus, Griffen and Selvie have Wikipedia articles. Graham doesn't. (Just kidding) :D

Comment

Stats are not everything when it comes to the Draft. A bunch of NCAA record breakers went undrafted in the last years.
                      Fair enough, but why would you want someone who's one-dimensional and isn't overly impressive at that one dimension?

It's okay, I guess. People also didn't think the world of LaMarr Woodley as a prospect in comparison to the faster, quicker, stronger, bigger etc... prospects. He's now the best DE/OLB from his draft class. Graham is a Woodley clone, though probably not as strong.

Comment

Eric Berry is not faster than CJ Spiller. I will bet money he runs faster than 4.40.

6.58 60m is so much faster than anyone other than Ford.
                        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Tim Tebow as a 1st round pick just baffles me. Why do you feel he's in the 1st round conversation?

I also do not buy Colt McCoy in round 1. Phenominal college player, but unless he got much bigger in the offseason, he's very frail in addition to his other question marks.

And both below Snead? I'd love to see some more thoughts

Comment

A bunch of NCAA record breakers went undrafted in the last years.
                            Meant to comment on this part. He's playing at Michigan, not Eastern Michigan. Yeah, UM went 3-9 last year, but prospects who put up stats like Graham does at a major school like Michigan get drafted highly.

Comment

I question Cody, Tebow, Spiller, Selvie, and Colt McCoy.

No Corey Wootton is bit perplexing, with a guy like Selvie in there.

I like Georgia's Geno Atkins more than Marvin Austin at this point, which is not really to shout out Atkins but more to question why Austin is on this list.

Also, Gresham as the number one overall?
                              Last edited by Race for the Heisman; 05-17-2009, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information