Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebows spring practice

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=4178702

Tebow has apparently been working on his mechanics and footwork in the spring. Didnt see this posted anywhere else but thought it was noteworthy. They said its to help him prepare for the NFL and because they may do some under center plays this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpByl518m3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arJsVtGUfCY

Both are videos of his improved motion and footwork. Short and dont really show much but just so people can get an idea. Just found all this and found it interesting. Thoughts?
    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

I think I am one of the few people who feel he will be a successful NFL Quarterback. He has a year to really work on his game, he won't be a Top 10 pick or anything, but likely will be a late first round pick to a team that can take time and groom him. Not that his spring practice is overly significant, but it has been something I have been saying.

The Tebow to the NFL story will be oversaturated by next April, but I think it is a very divisive issue that both sides can debate over for the next year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

He keeps the ball a little a low, double-clutches before he throws, and has a hitch at the top of his motion.

But eh, minor things, it does look improved, I still expect to see him go 4th or 5th round to a team that figures if they can't mold him into a QB, then they'll still have the most popular utility backup in the NFL.

Comment

i could see tennessee taking him

Comment

someone will fall in love with his intangeables and his raw tools and take him in the first round. I think he'll be another guy at best in a pro style offense playing against other NFL teams though.

Comment

The Colts are team I've heard thrown around before that may make sense for him to go to.

They pick late first round, and late first round picks usually sign 5 years deals....Tebow could spend the first 2-3 of that doing nothing but sitting and learning, and by that time, Peyton will be 35-36.....might be a good time to start thinking about replacing him....

I really don't know though. I don't know if there has ever been a prospect with such a wide range of projections before. Everything from first round QB, to first round RB/FB/TE, to mid round QB to late round project....it's craziness.

And I'm willing to bet that no matter where he goes, the majority of people are going to think it's still too high or too low for him.

Depending on how he and Florida fair this year, he could go down in history as one of the all time greatest college players. Already has two championships and a Heisman and has a chance to add to those numbers this year.

Comment

release is slowwww jeez

Comment

Originally posted by SKim172 View Post
                He keeps the ball a little a low, double-clutches before he throws, and has a hitch at the top of his motion.

But eh, minor things, it does look improved, I still expect to see him go 4th or 5th round to a team that figures if they can't mold him into a QB, then they'll still have the most popular utility backup in the NFL.
                4th or 5th round talk is delusional.

Pat White went in the 2nd round. There is a place for spread option Qbs in the NFL.

Some team will have sense enough not to listen to Kiper/McShay etc just like teh Dolphins did with White and they will take Tebow on the 1st day maybe even the 1st round.

He has all the physical tools, production, and experience to go along with an incredible work ethic to suggest he can be a top notch NFL signal caller

Tim Tebow could be the next Donovan McNabb

Comment

I think he's more likely to be a FB than a QB. But that's just me, I know I'll get railed on.

3 years to "learn"? And you draft him in the first round for that? SEems like a waste.

Comment

Still has a pretty slow release and it's not totally over the top but it does look better than what he's been using in the past. At the least, it looks like he's improving his technique. Taking snaps from under center is going to be good for him too. Personally I think he'll come out with first-round value if all goes well this season, but may not go in the first due to team need, etc. I could see someone in the early second round maybe trading up for him though. He's a player that a team could definitely fall in love with.

Comment

Lets see how long this "under center" stuff lasts if Florida gets into trouble early in the season

I remember all the talk last offseason about having Tebow distribute the ball to other playmakers more, and not have to do it all on his own. Well, from the Ole Miss game forward, he carried that team on his shoulders.

Comment

That youtube clip didn't look too impressive, if the purpose was to show improvement in the speed of Tebow's release.

Still, I never thought his quickness getting rid of the ball was a huge problem. If he learns to keep the ball high around his head, the ball will come out faster.

The only real negative I see with Tebow is the offense he plays in, and the fact that in recent memory no QB has really broken out big in the NFL playing a spread option system in college.

I still believe he has the same positives he did as a prep entering UF; good arm strength, mobility, good feel for the downfield passing game.

Tebow impresses me as a guy that is very coachable, and if a NFL team wants to tear down his mechanics and footwork and reconstruct him into an NFL QB, there's nothing that makes me think Tebow can't make the transition.

Can't imagine him on the board past the early 2nd, my best guess is late 1st.
                        Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins; 05-24-2009, 07:30 AM.

Comment

He will go high second or first. The NFL is changing slightly and guys like Tebow will have a spot at QB, even if it only on a situational money. Low first/high second money is pretty low..he could take hits.

Comment

Originally posted by BBIB View Post

Or Steve McNair.

If Tebow is anywhere in the vicinity of those two players, he's gonna be more than solid.

Comment

Originally posted by BBIB View Post
                              4th or 5th round talk is delusional.

Pat White went in the 2nd round. There is a place for spread option Qbs in the NFL.

Some team will have sense enough not to listen to Kiper/McShay etc just like teh Dolphins did with White and they will take Tebow on the 1st day maybe even the 1st round.

He has all the physical tools, production, and experience to go along with an incredible work ethic to suggest he can be a top notch NFL signal caller

Big difference there though. Pat White is really fast and quick and a playmaker with the ball in his hands. He can be the next Antwan Randle El. Tim Tebow is a big guy who is not elusive or fast and will get destroyed if he runs the ball in the NFL like he does in college. He's either a QB or an H-Back, and considering he's not that fast and probably won't get open against NFL defenses as a receiver, I think he'll have to make or break as a QB in the NFL. There's lots of guys who are at least as big, fast, and strong as Tebow who actually played TE and FB in college who don't do squat. I don't think Tebow is an quite the athlete to be the exception, I think he's living off of being too big for college (but not NFL) defenders in that gimmicky offense that doesn't translate to the next level.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information