Draft Discussion - Offensive Tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Discussion - Offensive Tackle

Hopefully this works out and we'll get around to every position.

Here's a wide open thread to discuss Offensive Tackles. Post any thoughts or opinions on the OT's: your rankings, who's underrated, who's overrated, break out prospects, sleepers, best fits, etc. This is the place to break down the 2010 OT class.
    Last edited by TACKLE; 05-23-2009, 11:05 PM.

Anthony Davis will be the top LT in the draft if he enters. mark it down
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Ciron Black is the top tackle next year.

GEAUX TIGERS

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
        Ciron Black is the top tackle next year.

GEAUX TIGERS
        He could be but he needs to be more consistent. He shows flashes of dominance and athletisism than he'll get a false start or will just get flat out beat off the edge. Though he definitely has upside.

Also what are you're guys thoughts on Brian Bulga. People are going to skeptical because of the Robert Gallery similarities but I don't think that's fair to Bulga. Bulga was a beast in the run game and was a major reason for Shonn Greene's success. His pass pro is solid but evaluating Iowa O-Lineman is often tough because they are so well coached that it often can make up for their lack of athletisism. Not necessarily a bad thing but that was one of the reasons that Gallery struggled with speed rushers in the NFL was because he just didn't have the natural athletic ability.

Comment

Not like I have seen a lot of these guys or are even good at judging offensive linemen but here's mine based off of what I've read just for the sake of doing it.

1. Bryan Bulaga
          2. Russell Okung
          3. Ciron Black
          4. Trent Williams
          5. Anthony Davis
          6. Charles Brown

Comment

and then there's me of course..

hahahahhaha

Comment

These are my current Senior and Underclassmen OT rankings

Senior Offensive Tackles

1. Russell Okung Oklahoma State
              2. Ciron Black Louisiana State
              3. Trent Williams Oklahoma
              4. Charles Brown Southern California
              5. Adam Ulatoski Texas
              6. Alonzo Durham Nevada
              7. Sam Young Notre Dame
              8. Selvish Capers West Virginia
              9. Chris Marinelli Stanford
              10. Zane Beadles Utah

Underclassmen Offensive Tackle

1. Bryan Bulaga Iowa
              2. Anthony Davis Rutgers
              3. Lee Ziemba Auburn
              4. Jason Pinkston Pittsburgh
              5. Bruce Campbell Maryland
              6. Matt Reynolds Brigham Young
              7. Stephen Schilling Michigan
              8. Gabe Carimi Wisconsin
              9. Tray Allen Texas
              10. Kyle Hix Texas

Overall, Okung is my best. If I had to pick one to be the best tackle come April, I would take Okung, but I wouldn't be surprised if either Trent Williams or Bulaga take that top spot, as both are on pace for big seasons in 2009.

BTW, this is a good idea, hopefully it will continue.
              Last edited by JFLO; 05-23-2009, 09:58 PM.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

I could see any of Trent Williams, Ciron Black, Russell Okung, Brian Bulaga, or Anthony Davis being the first pick at left tackle. I think Black and Bulaga could be great left tackles, but the other ones might be a little bit more complete in terms of being big guys but also being really athletic. It's kind of hard to evaluate those two in pass protection because they're not from passing teams. Anthony Davis is massive and he could be this year's Andre Smith. I'm going to be very interested to see Trent Williams at left tackle this year. He'd probably be my #1 if he'd been at left tackle. Right now I suppose I've got Okung #1. A lot can happen between now and draft day though.

Comment

I think Trent Williams could definately assert himself as the top tackle next year. This is his time to shine now that he is the only star O lineman on the team.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I think one player to watch for is Alonzo Durham. Yea, he's not going to get a lot of publicity playing at a school like Nevada, but I think he has the talent to be eventually be a late 1st to early third round pick. Very well rounded tackle.

I also like Dennis Landolt out of Penn State and Joe Thomas out of Pittsburgh as sleepers this early on in the 2010 process.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

I'm really high on Zane Beadles from Utah. I watched him almost the whole game against Bama and he was very solid. He wasn't dominant but did not get beat, had good feet and was never out of position. He shut down Bama's pass rushers all game. He was also effective in the run game. He's only about 6'4 and he probably won't be a 1st rounder but I definitely think he can be a good LT at the next level.

Comment

Selvish Capers reminds me of William Beatty

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Get to know this guy. I think he'll emerge as a top-ten pick next year. I know Scotty is extremely high on him, but he's extremely quick and incredibly strong for a 315-320 pound tackle. Used to be almost 370. I love him, no ****.

Comment

2010 OT Adam Ulatoski
                            2010 C Chris Hall
                            2011 OT Kyle Hix
                            2011 OG Michael Huey

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              Anthony Davis will be the top LT in the draft if he enters. mark it down
                              Anthony Davis is a beast. He'll be like Rutgers official announcement to the league that they can produce top talent.

That said, I don't think any of the T's are in the same arena as the guys who've been drafted in the past 3 years. I do think that Davis and Okung enough though.
                              Last edited by SenorGato; 05-24-2009, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information