Why Sam Bradford Sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    I don't understand why people say Bradford's arm strength is questionable. He isn't JaMarcus Russell in terms of arm strength but he certainly is not Chad Pennington, even pre-injury Pennington. On a scale of 1-10, 5 being average, Bradford's arm strength is probably about an 8.
    Noway is his arm strength that strong, he never impressed me with his arm. Hes average at best with arm strength.

ANother thing about Bradford, he is very thin and looks like he could be a injury prone guy in the NFL as he never has taken many hits in college with that great OL protecting him giving him 10 seconds to throw which won't happen in the NFL especially if he goes high in the draft to a bad team.
    Last edited by jetsfan0099; 06-22-2009, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• I am definitely scared for Bradford as an NFL prospect. I'd like to see how he develops, but it will continue being tough to gauge in the spread. I'd be very uncomfortable taking him #1 overall.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
        I am definitely scared for Bradford as an NFL prospect. I'd like to see how he develops, but it will continue being tough to gauge in the spread. I'd be very uncomfortable taking him #1 overall.
        Exactly. I can see that he has skills but I'd be too iffy to take him so high in the first.
        Unless they change their playbook a bit, looks, reads- any team that drafts him will be taking that "high risk-high reward" road in drafting
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• He's gonna be the Rams first round pick next year. count it
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• It just depends on what you're willing to take a risk on. Bradford has pinpoint accuracy and decent arm strength while someone like Matthew Stafford had average accuracy and elite arm strength. Then you look at a prospect like Mark Sanchez who falls right in the middle of those two. Obviously there's much more than accuracy and arm strength, but it comes down to what you like most in a prospect.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• One, I want to point out Jason White wasn't drafted. He had medical issues with his knees and was 25 by the time the 2005 NFL Draft rolled around. His knees were shot by the time he was finished and his tools were no where near as good as Bradford's.

Two, Bradford is a great QB prospect IMO. He has good size, has a decent arm, has great accuracy and good mobility. He had a lot of incompletions due to dropped passes, plus some interceptions were due to the receiver dropping the pass and causing the defender to come down with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                One, I want to point out Jason White wasn't drafted. He had medical issues with his knees and was 25 by the time the 2005 NFL Draft rolled around. His knees were shot by the time he was finished and his tools were no where near as good as Bradford's.
                That's a concern I have for him, but an even bigger concern that just dawned on me was the amount of QBs starting in the NFL right now that played in the watered down Big 12... not just Oklahoma.

Here's the list of starting Big 12 QBs in the NFL (Last year):

That took long. There wasn't a single one.
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                Originally posted by GoRavens
                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                  That's a concern I have for him, but an even bigger concern that just dawned on me was the amount of QBs starting in the NFL right now that played in the watered down Big 12... not just Oklahoma.

The argument of where the player goes to school or who the competition is, as general as the Big XII, is pointless because it only takes one to buck the trend. I could see where you could bring it up if the Big XII was constantly producing highly touted NFL QBs, but they're not; they produce very good college QBs but very few of these guys recently have gotten any attention from the NFL.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Not so fast my friend! Until Brett Favre is officially signed, Sage Rosenfels (Iowa State) is the starter in Minnesota. And Josh Freeman (Kansas State) has at least an outside chance of starting some games in Tampa.

Yeah yeah I know, you said last year, yeah shut up already.

Though I agree with your overall point that it's pathetic that the Big 12 has no legitimate starting QB's, when a conference like the MAC has three (I count Pennington and Leftwich under the MAC because Marhsall was in the MAC when they played).

Comment

What does that have to do with anything?
                      It didn't happen last year, so it won't happen in the future?

Comment

• I wish I sucked as bad as him !! He's gonna sign a sweet deal and have a nice pro career. He may not have the strongest arm but he has intangibles that will make him a winner

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• So, it's the offseason and I'm re-watching old games. Just re-watched the 2008 Fiesta Bowl, the game that highlighted the worst of OU. The game where OU gained more in penalties than in offense for most of the first half.

Bradford struggled a lot, mainly because the OU line couldn't do crap to stop the rush. He had a major problem staring down receivers and, as a result, unable to sense pressure. And there were a lot of blitzers coming in clean. He got strip-sacked early by a rusher straight up the middle because he was looking totally the wrong way. And the more I see it, the more I dislike the way he throws - not the arm motion, but how he throws flatfooted, with very little hip movement. Put some hip into it, man.

Obviously, a lot of these things have since improved the past year. And that weird 3-3-5 stack of WVU probably had a lot to do with his difficulty picking out receivers. But on the other hand, he's gonna have to face blitzing 3-man defenses eventually in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            It just depends on what you're willing to take a risk on. Bradford has pinpoint accuracy and decent arm strength while someone like Matthew Stafford had average accuracy and elite arm strength. Then you look at a prospect like Mark Sanchez who falls right in the middle of those two. Obviously there's much more than accuracy and arm strength, but it comes down to what you like most in a prospect.
                            Those are 2 pretty big misconceptions right there. Bradford has pinpoint accuracy....short of 15 yards. That's all he throws so that's all you see therefore you reach the conclusion that he's accurate.

Matthew Stafford has average accuracy....beyond 15 yards. Stafford throws the tough (NFL) passes and you can't get those every time. He's money on curls and slants, just like Bradford. Say you placed Stafford inside Oklahoma's protective steel bubble (aka pocket) where he could scratch his chin, do 10 pushups and then step up and attempt an 8-yard pass to Gresham in the flat....don't you think he would complete a ton of passes and look pretty darn accurate? You have to look beyond statistics like completion % to truly evaluate QBs. Bradford would get eaten alive on Georgia. Put Stafford on OU and they probably would've beaten Florida.

Also, Mark Sanchez might fall in the middle of the 2 in terms of arm strength, but he's definitely more accurate than Bradford. Sanchez actually throws the deep ball, post, seam, fade, deep out, w/e. His passes are much more diverse as he plays in a sophisticated pro offense.

EDIT: Josh Freeman doesn't have a chance of starting this year in Tampa. It's a battle between Leftwich and McCown.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                              I wish I sucked as bad as him !! He's gonna sign a sweet deal and have a nice pro career. He may not have the strongest arm but he has intangibles that will make him a winner
                              that's very mature. "lol, ur discussion is futile, HE'LL BE RICH!!!"

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by SKim172 View Post
                                So, it's the offseason and I'm re-watching old games. Just re-watched the 2008 Fiesta Bowl, the game that highlighted the worst of OU. The game where OU gained more in penalties than in offense for most of the first half.

Bradford struggled a lot, mainly because the OU line couldn't do crap to stop the rush. He had a major problem staring down receivers and, as a result, unable to sense pressure. And there were a lot of blitzers coming in clean. He got strip-sacked early by a rusher straight up the middle because he was looking totally the wrong way. And the more I see it, the more I dislike the way he throws - not the arm motion, but how he throws flatfooted, with very little hip movement. Put some hip into it, man.

Obviously, a lot of these things have since improved the past year. And that weird 3-3-5 stack of WVU probably had a lot to do with his difficulty picking out receivers. But on the other hand, he's gonna have to face blitzing 3-man defenses eventually in the NFL.
                                IMO, its ridiculous to come to a conclusion on a QB based off a meaningless bowl game in his first year starting as a redshirt freshman.

Originally posted by etk View Post
                                Those are 2 pretty big misconceptions right there. Bradford has pinpoint accuracy....short of 15 yards. That's all he throws so that's all you see therefore you reach the conclusion that he's accurate.

Matthew Stafford has average accuracy....beyond 15 yards. Stafford throws the tough (NFL) passes and you can't get those every time. He's money on curls and slants, just like Bradford. Say you placed Stafford inside Oklahoma's protective steel bubble (aka pocket) where he could scratch his chin, do 10 pushups and then step up and attempt an 8-yard pass to Gresham in the flat....don't you think he would complete a ton of passes and look pretty darn accurate? You have to look beyond statistics like completion % to truly evaluate QBs. Bradford would get eaten alive on Georgia. Put Stafford on OU and they probably would've beaten Florida.

Also, Mark Sanchez might fall in the middle of the 2 in terms of arm strength, but he's definitely more accurate than Bradford. Sanchez actually throws the deep ball, post, seam, fade, deep out, w/e. His passes are much more diverse as he plays in a sophisticated pro offense.

EDIT: Josh Freeman doesn't have a chance of starting this year in Tampa. It's a battle between Leftwich and McCown.
                                Its also a misconception that Bradford can't throw a completion without the WR being wide open. He actually can throw an accurate ball on those medium to deep passes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information