Why Sam Bradford Sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    I always laugh when people say a player will fail because his college hasn't produced pros at that position. I must have missed the rich QB tradition at schools like Miami-Ohio, Kansas St, and Delaware.
    That doesn't really count.
    He said his main weakness is arm strength, and Roethlisberger, Freeman, and Flacco had it for days.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

The one thing that really worries me about Bradford is the weird sidearm delivery. That stuff doesn't fly in the NFL. Name me the last QB with a delivery like that to be any good.

Watching Bradford on video, his sidearm delivery results in a lot of passes that are looped in there or thrown with lots of air under them. In the OU system, as was pointed out here, he had lots and lots of plays where he could throw passes like that to open areas and have wide open receivers running under them. In the NFL he will almost never have that.

I know he's also capable of throwing balls with some zip on them too, but again Banger is right in saying that those are generally in short to medium zones only.

I'm not going so far as to call Bradford a fourth-round pick, but it blew my mind in this recent draft to hear certain Lions fans say that Bradford would have been picked ahead of Stafford if he'd come out this year. That's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
        The one thing that really worries me about Bradford is the weird sidearm delivery. That stuff doesn't fly in the NFL. Name me the last QB with a delivery like that to be any good.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I'll agree that he's overrated as a pro prospect, that system blows up his stats and his arm strength isn't great. But I do think your underrating his accuracy, he makes alot of throws that couldn't be made if he didn't put it on the exact right shoulder. This whole QB class is overrated imo, none of these guys are legit 1st rounders to me.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
            Na, Rivers has like a three-quarter delivery. He doesn't have that weird pushing-the-ball thing that Bradford does.

The nearest thing I can think of in recent years is Vince Young, people said that would be no big deal too. Although Young has other issues, and if he was a better QB between the ears maybe his throw wouldn't matter much, I dunno.

Comment

i would take him in the 2nd round for a lot of the reasons listed above, plus i don't see anything elite that i couldn't get out of a lot of the backup NFL vets out there right now. i can get a sage rosenfels type for $50 million cheaper.
              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Provided he doesn't get injured this season and miss time, he'll be a 3 year starter with 40-42 career starts and an accuracy rate near 70%. That video showed him making several NFL caliber throws as well, threading double coverage, and placing balls in spots where only his man could get them, most of the time hitting them in stride. Given the experience and accuracy he'll have coming into the NFL, he's far less likely to fail than your average Top 5 QB prospect, and if my team is investing that kind of money into a player, it'd be nice to get a guy who has the odds on their side.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I hear he stole Tebow's girlfriend online.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
                    Na, Rivers has like a three-quarter delivery. He doesn't have that weird pushing-the-ball thing that Bradford does.
                    Then you have forgotten the time prior to the 2004 draft, since his side arm delivery was Phillip Rivers' main weakness as a draft prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post

hahahahahaha, wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA, awesome in so many ways.

LMAO@him changing 'wtf' to *heck loll.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I hate that he throws flat footed so often for a guy who is well protected. He's an arm thrower...I'm not a fan of that.

W/e...he's not my favorite QB prospect but theres definitely stuff to work with.

Lol at erinandrews always being DTF.
                          Last edited by SenorGato; 05-25-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

One thing that's glaring in that video is that he has ALL day to throw. You rarely see a defender within three yards of him. He has excellent accuracy, but who wouldn't with that kind of time. There were also a lot of short throws and YAC. I'm not very impressed with Bradford. There's nothing about the kid that makes him stand out. His offensive line and receivers are a different story though.

One thing that that video doesn't show is his tendency to look to the sideline to change a play. That really grinds my gears. He's been in the system for three years, and he doesn't audible a measly play at the LOS? He redshirted and is older than Stafford, and Stafford was audibling as an 18 year old true freshman in the SEC. It all goes back to that infernal spread offense. It just doesn't help develop a QB the right way.:(

Comment

I agree there is just the slightest whiff of Tim Couch arond Bradford, but for the most part it's being blown out of proportion. He doesn't have dominant tools, but i don't think his arm is any weaker than Matt Ryan and that turned out pretty well. The accuracy is there and he's got a good head on his shoulders...he probably does need to speed up his game because he won't get elite protection like that in the NFL. But overall I think he'll grade out as a cornerstone.

Erin Andrews is in fact always DTF, just look at that glint in her eye.

p.s. Rivers' 3/4 delivery>yuo

Comment

Why take Bradford when you can get the nearly identical Rusty Smith in the mid/late rounds?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information