Why Sam Bradford Sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
    You now have successfully brought up 2 QBs that are nothing like Bradford. Bradford can actually throw the ball, unlike young.

He didn't have a great statistical game against Florida because his WRs dropped passes. Two of the INTs were both off of dropped passes that should have been caught. Bradford was the only one on the offense playing at a NC level. Maybe you just looked at the stats? Highlights?

Big XII isn't the top defenses in the country, but it isn't like they are JV. They are still very good.
    The first pick was a deflection by the CB. The second was just a great play by Black who took the ball away from the WR. Maybe if Bradford didn't hang the ball up in the air for 10 minutes it would have been completed. Maybe Johnson wouldn't have gotten laid out by Major Wright on the opening series if Bradford put some mustard on it, and stuck it in there like Matt Stafford or Jay Cutler do in their sleep.

Stop with the defense talk. For your own good.

9 of 12 teams gave up at least 30 points per game. Texas was the only team that allowed under 25 points a game. 11 of the 12 defenses in the SEC allowed less than 25 points per game.

9 teams gave up 400 yards a game. 0 SEC teams accomplished this feat. Arkansas would have been the third ranked defense in the Big 12. They finished dead last in the SEC and by a wide gap over Kentucky (11th ranked defense) who, statistically, would have finished first in the Big 12.

Yeah, Big 12 defense sucks.

Not debatable. Do not respond or try to debate anything I just said. You will look bad.
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
    Originally posted by GoRavens
    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
      The first pick was a deflection by the CB. The second was just a great play by Black who took the ball away from the WR. Maybe if Bradford didn't hang the ball up in the air for 10 minutes it would have been completed. Maybe Johnson wouldn't have gotten laid out by Major Wright on the opening series if Bradford put some mustard on it, and stuck it in there like Matt Stafford or Jay Cutler do in their sleep.

Stop with the defense talk. For your own good.

9 of 12 teams gave up at least 30 points per game. Texas was the only team that allowed under 25 points a game. 11 of the 12 defenses in the SEC allowed less than 25 points per game.

9 teams gave up 400 yards a game. 0 SEC teams accomplished this feat. Arkansas would have been the third ranked defense in the Big 12. They finished dead last in the SEC and by a wide gap over Kentucky (11th ranked defense) who, statistically, would have finished first in the Big 12.

Yeah, Big 12 defense sucks.

Not debatable. Do not respond or try to debate anything I just said. You will look bad.
      So that has nothing to do with the Big XII offenses? And why are you talking about SEC defenses? Did I ever say they weren't the best?

You are right, I'm not gonna participate in this discussion. You are continually making yourself look dumber. Good luck being a pro scout rating Bradford out as a 4th round pick.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
      Originally posted by Job
      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Give any good coach a month to prepare for an offense and they can shut it down. FWIW, Oklahoma was outplaying Florida in the first half. If anything, Bradford showed me more in the "national championship" than he did in the other games. He responded to the pressure fairly well. He never gave up after things didn't go his way. He was never tested like that in the regular season, even against Texas. He may not be a rah-rah type leader, but everyone else knows that he's in charge.
        His game is going to get picked apart over the course of this season. His delivery is more 5/8 than 3/4. That is something he will probably have to adjust. He has taken snaps under center and executes the play-action well. Making the progressions quickly is something that every quarterback needs to learn, which is why there are so many busts. He is very accurate. He does not have a rocket arm, but he has a good arm (slightly below Ryan). I don't put too much stock into his numbers since a lot of those yards were YAC by the receivers. I think that he has the intelligence, accuracy and leadership to succeed.

Comment

It is absolutely pointless to post a response or critique what you have to say because of anyone contributing to this thread, the most ignorant individual is you. If you are correct, down the road, about Bradford then props to you, but at this point it is all opinions, and you continue to dismiss what anyone has to say if those views do not line up with yours.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
            I don't know about you, but I was expecting a much poorer performance in the NC from Bradford. Considering how poorly Loadholt and Robinson played in front of him that night, I thought he did well. That Florida defense is filled with tons of NFL talent and very scary as well.
            I never expect a poor performance from Bradford but I agree that, considering how terrible every OU linemen other than Trent Williams played, Bradford had a good game. People tend to act like Florida had a run of the mill SEC defense last year but the fact is that Florida had a defense almost on par with USC's, if you ask me, and not many quarterbacks could have done as well as Bradford against them.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
              I never expect a poor performance from Bradford but I agree that, considering how terrible every OU linemen other than Trent Williams played, Bradford had a good game. People tend to act like Florida had a run of the mill SEC defense last year but the fact is that Florida had a defense almost on par with USC's, if you ask me, and not many quarterbacks could have done as well as Bradford against them.
              Florida's defense was insane...The other SEC defenses probably sat around and talked about how awesome Florida's defense was lol

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
              Originally posted by Job
              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Considering at least 8 of the defensive starters for the Gators in last year's NC will be mid to high round draft picks, ( I'm being conservative about that number 8), Bradford's performance IMO wasn't that bad.

Comment

hmm, you make a good argument. I'm convinced. I don't think he's worth a first rounder.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I see we're starting the overanalysis of Bradford really early.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

BigBanger, if Bradford is nowhere near the top QB prospect, then who is?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                        I see we're starting the overanalysis of Bradford really early.
                        If you are in the minority that is very skeptical of Bradford, then you are probably the only one who is analyzing him.

I have wasted a lot of time in the past watching top rated QBs, only to find huge flaws in their game, and the bash the living hell out of them... mostly because I hate watching poor QB play, and if people are saying so and so is a top rated player, and I watch Andre Woodson and come away thinking... WTF are these morons talking about? I'm gonna let it be known, because assholes like that, that have no NFL future just wasted my time.

Brian Brohm was so average it made me sick. Brady Quinn was so average it made me sick. Andre Woodson had more holes in his game than the Iraqi Navy, but some morons stuck in the top 10 of Mock Drafts. Some people thought that worthless little ****, Colt Brennan was the exception and would be a first round pick even though he has horrible arm strength and very low delivery. Not to mention his system inflated his numbers, and his numbers were the only reason people knew who he was.

Sam Bradford hasn't even be scouted yet, because if he was, people would start to see a guy that just doesn't do much of anything other than watch his receivers pile up the YAC.

Don't let me convince you he's terrible. Listen to my points, then watch him with what I've said in mind and see if it sounds crazy.
                        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          BigBanger, if Bradford is nowhere near the top QB prospect, then who is?
                          In the upcoming draft?

Sneed looks like he has the most potential. First round potential that is. I don't know if he's going to be a high first round pick, and I need to see a lot more out of him, but right now, he's the only guy that makes me think a first round draft choice should be possible.

I was very high on Stafford last year (1st overall). I really liked Sanchez as well (5th overall). I think Freeman is a 4th round type guy, so I didn't like him and I think he could be a big bust in Tampa.

Matt Ryan is getting a little overrated, but he was every bit a top 5 prospect.

I like some QBs, but they get overhyped and overrated every single year.
                          Last edited by BigBanger; 05-25-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I really like Tim Hiller out of Western Michigan. Doesn't face top notch competition but he's a very smart quarterback in the pocket, has good overall intangibles and a pretty good arm.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                              I really like Tim Hiller out of Western Michigan. Doesn't face top notch competition but he's a very smart quarterback in the pocket, has good overall intangibles and a pretty good arm.
                              I'm with you there. Tim Hiller and Rusty Smith are both going to be intriguing QB prospects come draft time

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                                If you are in the minority that is very skeptical of Bradford, then you are probably the only one who is analyzing him.

I have wasted a lot of time in the past watching top rated QBs, only to find huge flaws in their game, and the bash the living hell out of them... mostly because I hate watching poor QB play, and if people are saying so and so is a top rated player, and I watch Andre Woodson and come away thinking... WTF are these morons talking about? I'm gonna let it be known, because assholes like that, that have no NFL future just wasted my time.

Brian Brohm was so average it made me sick. Brady Quinn was so average it made me sick. Andre Woodson had more holes in his game than the Iraqi Navy, but some morons stuck in the top 10 of Mock Drafts. Some people thought that worthless little ****, Colt Brennan was the exception and would be a first round pick even though he has horrible arm strength and very low delivery. Not to mention his system inflated his numbers, and his numbers were the only reason people knew who he was.

Sam Bradford hasn't even be scouted yet, because if he was, people would start to see a guy that just doesn't do much of anything other than watch his receivers pile up the YAC.

Don't let me convince you he's terrible. Listen to my points, then watch him with what I've said in mind and see if it sounds crazy.
                                I watched your video earlier, I saw 5 NFL caliber throws in it, of which Bradford completed 3 in very impressive fashion:

1) Comeback route to the sideline, incomplete.
                                2) Double coverage on Gresham, Bradford splits the double and puts the ball in Gresham's breadbasket.
                                3) Seam route to Gresham in 1-on-1 coverage, Bradford places the ball perfectly so that only Gresham has a shot at it, goes for a TD.
                                4) Deep post to Manuel Johnson, Bradford hits it in stride, goes for a TD as a result. Bradford places that throw any differently, it's an incompletion, interception, or best case, a catch for a long gain but no TD.
                                5) Comeback route to the sideline, incomplete.

As for your criticism that he dumps off too much, the Colts throw to their RBs in the flats a lot, and the Patriots run a ton of WR screens, does that make Peyton Manning and Tom Brady terrible QBs?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information