No announcement yet.

Why Sam Bradford Sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are really selling Bradford short. He's not in a one or 2 read system at Oklahoma, the kid has an uncanny abilitiy to survey the whole field quickly and get rid of the ball.

Because he's able to make his reads so swiftly, it may look like it's a system with minimum reads, but Bradford chooses receivers based on coverage and patterns run.

And you may not think he's much of a pro prospect, BigBanger, but how can you say he didn't deserve the Heisman?

Did Tebow, McCoy, or Harrell really have better seasons than Bradford?

Personally I would have voted for McCoy, but I had no beef with Sam Bradford being chosen.

I don't see why you would let your 'objective' analysis of the flaws in his game overlap into a obvious bias against him.

He was a worthy Heisman candidate, and more than deserving of the award, which is all stats and W-L record anyway.

Comment

I think my biggest knock on Bradford is that he's so stiff. I also think he's going to suffer a ton of injuries in the NFL if he doesn't get bigger and more athletic. His arms are very spindly...I'm guessing his listed weight is extremely generous.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
        Against Texas he had no time at all. He had a great game anyway and showed great mobility.
        I will give him that. I forgot about that game. However, one game of dealing with pressure doesn't convince me that he can deal with standing in an NFL pocket 16 games per year. The majority of the time, he has to deal with little to no pressure.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
          I will give him that. I forgot about that game. However, one game of dealing with pressure doesn't convince me that he can deal with standing in an NFL pocket 16 games per year. The majority of the time, he has to deal with little to no pressure.
          Most top QB prospects don't face much pressure in college. In fact, in recent memory, the only QB prospect I can think of that had faced a ton of pressure often is Jay Cutler. Obviously the more a QB can prove himself under pressure in college, the less that's a question heading to the pros, that said, considering it wasn't a question mark for one top QB prospect in recent memory, maybe it's a good thing that he hasn't faced a ton of pressure.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
            Well, when that offense involves making one read per play and two on occasion, it doesn't bode well for him as an NFL prospect.
            What pressure? Bradford had more time than almost anyone in college football last year.
            Throwing around profanity makes you more right, you know. So good job on that point. The basic facts are NFL QBs make 3 to 4 reads per play routinely. This is not unusual. I've never seen Bradford make more than two. He stares down his targets and has all day to do it. Taking six seconds to make one read is a lot easier than taking three seconds to make three reads.
            sorry if my language offended your little sensitive ears.
            Yeah, Bradford has a dope O-Line, but saying he sucks because he only has to make a few reads on 1 play is ridiculous.
            Who are you to say he only makes 2 reads a play??? I didn't know we had an OU coach in the house!
            Theres a lot more that goes into it than what you see on TV FYI.
            He stares down receivers, yeah, your right. But come on, thats his only negative.
            He's better than McCoy, #2 behind Tebow, because he has great accuracy, great size for a QB, he's extremely efficient, HE KNOWS HIS OFFENSE, doesn't make silly mistakes, and throws a hella tight spiral.

Stop trying to bash a guy who consistently wins and makes good throws.

NFL coaches get paid to develop these guys into stars.
            So to say Bradford sucks, is ********, he's a college star.

We'll see once hes on the 49ers how bad he really sucks.

CALLIN IT

Go Celtics
            Go Irish
            Go Ravens

Comment

You have Tebow #1...your opinion/analysis is invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
                #2 behind Tebow
                Maybe at TE...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  You have Tebow #1...your opinion/analysis is invalid.
                  quoted for total truth. unless you have bonerz for jump passes, Tim Tebow should never, ever be near the top of any QB list.

FB? TE? yea, maybe there
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Yeah, Bradford has a dope O-Line, but saying he sucks because he only has to make a few reads on 1 play is ridiculous.
                    Who are you to say he only makes 2 reads a play??? I didn't know we had an OU coach in the house!
                    How can you claim it's impossible to tell how many reads he makes and then admit that he stares down his targets? Anyway, let's get past that. You can tell by watching him, he stares down his first read and then makes a second read if he has to. It's not hard to see.

Theres a lot more that goes into it than what you see on TV FYI.
                    He stares down receivers, yeah, your right. But come on, thats his only negative.
                    His only negative? NFL scouts are paid to be critical. Scouting players, all the posters here push themselves to be critical. His system is a negative. His mechanics aren't perfect. He doesn't have a cannon. I can go all day. There are always flaws, friend.

#2 behind Tebow,
                    I think everyone here just facepalmed.

because he has great accuracy, great size for a QB, he's extremely efficient, HE KNOWS HIS OFFENSE, doesn't make silly mistakes, and throws a hella tight spiral.
                    Accuracy is great, and a top trait to look for in a QB. His size is nice. But the rest is all part of him fitting a system that you won't find in the NFL. Can he play in an NFL system? That's the question. The spiral is also nice...

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                    Most top QB prospects don't face much pressure in college. In fact, in recent memory, the only QB prospect I can think of that had faced a ton of pressure often is Jay Cutler. Obviously the more a QB can prove himself under pressure in college, the less that's a question heading to the pros, that said, considering it wasn't a question mark for one top QB prospect in recent memory, maybe it's a good thing that he hasn't faced a ton of pressure.
                    First, let me thank you for being an intelligent, analytical poster. The board is a better place for you. As far as his never facing pressure, I'm not blaming him for that. For all I know, he will handle it very well on the next level. It's just concerning especially considering the time he takes to make reads.

Let me make this point very clear too: I'm not saying Sam Bradford will fail. I'm only saying I wouldn't take him until the mid 20s right now. Can he improve? Absolutely. I hope he does.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

Anyone else see Jeff Garcia in Sam Bradford?
                      That's Rich Gannon....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                        quoted for total truth. unless you have bonerz for jump passes, Tim Tebow should never, ever be near the top of any QB list.

FB? TE? yea, maybe there
                        Now right now. If Tebow works on his mechanics, develops a throwing motion that isn't a cross between Vince Young's and Byron Leftwich's, and plays smarter I could see him being a first round QB. He has all of the physical tools. Even if he doesn't fix up his problems, if Pat White got drafted in round 2, what is to say that Tebow can't get drafted for a wildcat offense that early?

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                          That's Rich Gannon....
                          he was using the pic in reference to the quote in that comment.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                            Now right now. If Tebow works on his mechanics, develops a throwing motion that isn't a cross between Vince Young's and Byron Leftwich's, and plays smarter I could see him being a first round QB. He has all of the physical tools. Even if he doesn't fix up his problems, if Pat White got drafted in round 2, what is to say that Tebow can't get drafted for a wildcat offense that early?
                            Because he is super slow compared to pat white. Wouldn't be much of a threat in the NFL as a runner imo

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                            Originally posted by Job
                            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• This topic sucks. The only real knock that scouts are worried about is that Bradford does not get touched when he drops back. Everything has been a little too easy for him. His jersey goes unwashed for weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                                Because he is super slow compared to pat white. Wouldn't be much of a threat in the NFL as a runner imo
                                He isn't as fast as White but he isn't slow, he has been clocked in the 4.4's in the 40. He is a much better passer than White, imo, and is more powerful so he can offer more versatility in short yardage situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information