Draft Discussion - Linebacker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Discussion - Linebacker

Here's a wide open thread to discuss Linebackers. Post any thoughts or opinions on the LB's: your rankings, who's underrated, who's overrated, break out prospects, sleepers, best fits, etc. This is the place to break down the 2010 LB class.

Sean Lee - He's coming off an ACL tear, so he's still a wildcard, but if returns to form, could be off the radar some.

Navarro Bowman - He was probably the best LB in the Big Ten last season, and will benefit from playing along side one of the LB trios in the country if Sean Lee is 100%.

Comment

I'm having a feeling Brandon Spikes is going to be a 2nd-3rd rounder come draft day. If he wanted more finances, he would have been smart to declare this year. I really like him as a prospect though...it just seems like there is a top linebacker prospect that always slips to the 2nd or 3rd round (Poz, Laurinatis, Maualuga, Connor).

I hope I'm wrong, because he's one of my favorite prospects in this draft, but it just seems that's the way it has flown lately.

Anyways, some other guys that I like in this linebacker class are:

Joe Pawelek Baylor
      Micah Johnson Kentucky
      Roddrick Muckelroy Texas

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Rico McCoy will be playing WLB in Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 scheme this season. Should be a commodity for Cover 2 teams in the NFL come Draft time. Great production, even when playing next to Jerod Mayo.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
          I'm having a feeling Brandon Spikes is going to be a 2nd-3rd rounder come draft day.
          Anyways, some other guys that I like in this linebacker class are:

Micah Johnson Kentucky
          Roddrick Muckelroy Texas
          I agree with this. Spikes isn't really fantastic in any aspect of the game and guys like that hardly ever go round 1. I have also heard that Spikes takes questionable angles at times. Spikes is not strong enough to play SLB and not athletic enough to play WLB, so he doesn't offer versatility.

I like Micah Johnson he is a thumper in the run game and reminds me of David Harris out of Michigan and he has shades of Jeremiah Trotter.

My favorite LB prospect is Rolando McClain. He is big and fast. He really seems like a stud LB in the making. Everytime I watched Alabama he was the guy that stood out alot and I've been looking foward to having him draft eligible.

Could someone elaborate on Muckelroy? I haven't seen much of him.
          Also Qaun Sturdivant and Navarro Bowman if you can, please.

Comment

Joe Pawelek is a gamer and my favorite LB prospect this year. Weatherspoon needs more love too.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

If Spikes is a second rounder I'd **** it a brick if the giants drafted him, our front seven would be monsterous, we'd be so deep at DE, DT and LB, **** our backup front seven would be pretty solid.

Comment

Its a shame about Mark Herzlich..... Going into the season this looks like a weak LB class. Other then Sergio Kindle and as you guys mentioned, Spikes I dont see a sure-fire 1st rounder. Im very interested too watch Antonio Coleman, Jerry Hughes and Eric Norwood as pass rushers this year.

Comment

Yea...Rolando McClain is in my top 5 favorite players in this draft. Hightower's a beast in the making right next to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                    If Spikes is a second rounder I'd **** it a brick if the giants drafted him, our front seven would be monsterous, we'd be so deep at DE, DT and LB, **** our backup front seven would be pretty solid.
                    I think it was Number 10 who said that the Giants' backups would be a top 10 defense. I laughed...a lot.

Comment

Ryan D'Imperio of Rutgers has played pretty damn well at the inside backer spot. I guess you can tab him as a second-day type of prospect, but the Scarlet glasses show a bright future for him. And the voices in my head tell me he's gonna be amazing in the league.

Comment

Watch out for Ross Homan.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                        <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                        <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                        <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                          Watch out for Ross Homan.
                          ...in the sixth round.

Comment

Is Homan the Ohio State guy? I remember hearing his name during a couple of games last season.

Anyways, my favorite linebacker is Spikes, followed by Weatherspoon. Weatherspoon is going to be dangerous in a Tampa 2.

A lot of good defensive ends that should make the switch to rush linebacker as well.

Comment

Homan is indeed the OSU guy. Decent player, but nothing to write home about.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information