Myron Rolle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myron Rolle

S Myron Rolle (Florida St) will be in the 2010 NFL draft after his year at Oxford

How will he rate as an NFL prospect?

I imagine somewhere in the 2nd - 3rd round range at this point

any thoughts?

Lower. He's obviously not committed to football. No one wants to spend a 3rd rounder or up on a guy who might bolt in 5 years for medical school.

Comment

I think he was overrated anyway and would have probably been in that area if he had stayed but with a year out from football he'll likely be no better than a late rounder.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
        I think he was overrated anyway and would have probably been in that area if he had stayed but with a year out from football he'll likely be no better than a late rounder.
        I think he never reached his football potential was because he was more dedicated to his studies than onto the football field. Like others have said, if he put the same amount of effort into his football career as he did into his studies, he would be a stud.

Comment

Someone will at least take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Give him all the credit though. The guy has pursued something that is more of a sure thing for his life to be a success both financially and probably morally. If I were him, I wouldn't be too worried about the NFL Draft, even though it's a nice thing to the side. (How many people can say that?)

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Wasn't Jonathon Vilma academically gifted too when he played at Miami?

The problem is Rolle is not the player that Vilma was in college. I just never thought he was that good at FSU.

If wants to play in the pros, postponing med school won't be a problem. It's not like he's going to play football into his forties.

IMO, Rolle is another highly rated prep prospect who never lived up to his billing in college. He probably has a better than 50/50 shot to make some team, but I don't see a starter, ( right now), or a special football player.

Comment

I don't think he was ever in serious consideration as a 1st day draft pick; if expectations aren't high I do believe he can eventually find and hold down a key rotational spot somewhere. But for the most part get this book learner out of here!

Comment

I remember when it first came out that he was awarded the Rhodes Scholarship, that someone here said that he should try to play pro football because it would improve his resume. Because being a Rhodes Scholar doesn't look good enough on a resume...

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                    I remember when it first came out that he was awarded the Rhodes Scholarship, that someone here said that he should try to play pro football because it would improve his resume. Because being a Rhodes Scholar doesn't look good enough on a resume...
                    another starheather classic.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if he at least tried to play football, what's there to lose? If he does well, he can play for a few years and then resume studies, full-time, after he's out of the league. And it isn't like he can't take spring/summer courses. Hell, Steve Young got a law degree while playing football.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        I wouldn't be shocked if he at least tried to play football, what's there to lose? If he does well, he can play for a few years and then resume studies, full-time, after he's out of the league. And it isn't like he can't take spring/summer courses. Hell, Steve Young got a law degree while playing football.
                        Becoming a neurosurgeon takes a long time. He'll lose a lot of time. Becoming a neurosurgeon is much more difficult to do than getting a law degree. Mostly while being in the NFL.

Comment

he could be his own trainer

Comment

While he's still playing for a school in Florida can he go ahead and teach a certain Dolphin player where the hell London is? I mean he is a Rhodes Scholar and all...

;)

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                            too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

A lot of people are putting him on blast in this thread. I think he would be a solid pickup for any team really.

If he falls down boards, its not because of talent, its because of a strong S class.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information