Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Discussion - Cornerbacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Draft Discussion - Cornerbacks

    Here's a wide open thread to discuss Conerbacks. Post any thoughts or opinions on the CB's: your rankings, who's underrated, who's overrated, break out prospects, sleepers, best fits, etc. This is the place to break down the 2010 CB class.

  • #2
    UCLA's Al Verner is my favorite CB in the draft. He's a little small but he makes up for it with great instincts and athleticism. He may never be a #1 CB in the NFL but he could be a solid #2 or a great nickel.

    Actually I really like the UCLA defense as a whole this year

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      UCLA's Al Verner is my favorite CB in the draft. He's a little small but he makes up for it with great instincts and athleticism. He may never be a #1 CB in the NFL but he could be a solid #2 or a great nickel.

      Actually I really like the UCLA defense as a whole this year
      I'm also a big fan. He's got great instinct and is one of the best CB's in the draft when it comes to making plays on the ball. He was also the national leader in PBU's.


      Also, a lot of people seem to be high on Trevard Lindley but to be honest, I've never actually seen him play. What sets him apart from the other CB's in this class.

      Comment


      • #4
        Here's my senior rankings at the position.....

        1. Trevard Lindley, KENTUCKY
        2. Crezdon Butler, CLEMSON
        3. Javier Arenas, ALABAMA
        4. Kyle Wilson, BOISE STATE
        5. Brandon Brinkley, HOUSTON
        6. Syd’Quan Thompson, CALIFORNIA
        7. Walter Thurmond, OREGON
        8. Alterraun Verner, UCLA
        9. Brandon Ghee, WAKE FOREST
        10. Stephan Virgil, VIRGINIA TECH

        I think Brinkley is the one to really watch out of this group. Vener, like SK pointed out, is a part of UCLA's intriguing defense and someone who I could see climbing the boards.


        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

        Comment


        • #5
          Parrish Cox from Oklahoma State is another player I really love in this draft. He's probably going to make his mark early as a return specialist but could forge a niche into a starting lineup down the road a la Terrence McGee

          Comment


          • #6
            Don't mean to be a homer, but I really think Patrick Robinson will be a first rounder by the end of this year, he really has all ths skills. He had a great Sophomore year as a nickle guy and picked everything that came his way. Last year he missed almost half the season with injuries and the suspension from the first 3 games but was really a shut down guy when he was on the field. Has a build similar to D'Angelo Hall (listed at 5'11" 192) and was the fastest player at FSU last summer when he ran a 4.25 last summer (faster than guys who ran 4.3's at the pro day). But mainly when you watch him on the field he has great hips and just really excells in man to man coverage.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm a pretty big Brandon Brinkley fan. He has a great combo of size and speed and is very productive. He needs to learn a bit more from a mental aspect, but if he improves on that point and has another productive point, I don't think 2nd round could be out of the question for him, especially after the combine.

              Other guys that I like:

              Javier Arenas Bama
              Jamar Hall Texas Tech
              Omar Bolden Arizona State
              Jai Eugene Louisiana State

              BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm a big believer in Syd’Quan Thompson. He's a stud.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                  Don't mean to be a homer, but I really think Patrick Robinson will be a first rounder by the end of this year, he really has all ths skills. He had a great Sophomore year as a nickle guy and picked everything that came his way. Last year he missed almost half the season with injuries and the suspension from the first 3 games but was really a shut down guy when he was on the field. Has a build similar to D'Angelo Hall (listed at 5'11" 192) and was the fastest player at FSU last summer when he ran a 4.25 last summer (faster than guys who ran 4.3's at the pro day). But mainly when you watch him on the field he has great hips and just really excells in man to man coverage.
                  He definitely has the potential. Robinson is a ridiculous athlete but he'll need to be much more productive to get into the first round. Though if he rips it up this season, in this CB class, I could see him contending for the top spot.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    !!!HOMER ALERT!!!

                    DeAndre Morgan will make some team happy in the latter rounds. Runs in the 4.3's and he's an EXCELLENT tackler. He's smallish (probably 5'9" 180#) and isn't a ballhawk although he'll get his share of PBU's.

                    60 tackles, 3 TFL, 10PBU, 1 FF, 1 FR, 2 INT last year. 31 tackles, 1 TFL, 8 PBU, 1 FR as a nickleback in 07.


                    Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                    Titty sprinkles

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      He definitely has the potential. Robinson is a ridiculous athlete but he'll need to be much more productive to get into the first round. Though if he rips it up this season, in this CB class, I could see him contending for the top spot.
                      I agree that Robinson has a chance to move up, but I would place the ceiling at day one, not round one. He has some character concerns so that may hurt how high he soars too.


                      Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Borat View Post
                        I'm a big believer in Syd’Quan Thompson. He's a stud.
                        The only thing that concerns me with Thompson is his size, but I think day one is a definite possibility for him. He's a playmaker and I would say he compares best to Alphonoso Smith, who went in round two this year. I see a good number of corners, maybe as many as eight, coming off the board in rounds two and three.


                        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I like the overall talent this year, theres alot more speed in this crop. I could easily see 8 CBs taken in the first two rounds.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            even some underclassmen are appealing, Donovan Warren, Joe Haden, Omar Bolden

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                              even some underclassmen are appealing, Donovan Warren, Joe Haden, Omar Bolden
                              Ras-I Dowling needs some love too, but he may fit best as a safety at the next level because of his size and lack of elite speed.

                              I hope to see more playmaking out of Warren this year. He had a nice Fr. year but I wouldn't say 2008 was anything special for him and certainly not the production he was hoping for. The physical tools are there and maybe he was just a product of a transition year and he'll bring it back together in 2009.
                              Last edited by princefielder28; 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM.


                              Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information