Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change the countdown? ( draft may move to may)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the countdown? ( draft may move to may)

According to the remaining 2009 and '10 calendar available for public consumption at NFL.com, the draft is set for "Early May." No specific dates were listed, but May 1 and 2 seem like logical choices.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/rea..._for_early_may

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

I remember them talking about earlier, but later would be very interesting.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Dangit! just another week of waiting for the most anticipated weekend of the year for many on this forum!

Comment

Like the wait isn't long enough. They love tinkering with the NFL Draft lately. I have liked one move so far and that was the 15 minutes to 10 minutes and thats it. I don't like the moving back from 12 to 3 to 4 and Only round 1-2 on saturday and the rest on sunday.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Yes! Thank God! As it is right now, the draft lands right during exam time, which ends at the end of April for me. I had an exam the night of the draft this year, and it was painful.... I obviously taped what I missed but it still wasn't pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
            Yes! Thank God! As it is right now, the draft lands right during exam time, which ends at the end of April for me. I had an exam the night of the draft this year, and it was painful.... I obviously taped what I missed but it still wasn't pleasant.
            I totally forgot about that, yes! Let's hope this goes through, for our sake.

Comment

Eh, this would actually be an even worse time exam wise for me. This would push the draft back to the weekend right before exams for me and that's not gonna cut the mustard.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Imagine it, the draft on my birthday. That would be legit.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Move it forward if anything, not back.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    Eh, this would actually be an even worse time exam wise for me. This would push the draft back to the weekend right before exams for me and that's not gonna cut the mustard.
                    It would make it worse and then some for me. That's not only the weekend before exams, but we have some exams on that Saturday. I couldn't imagine taking a final during the draft. Plus it makes the wait longer, so moving it back a week would just suck overall.

Comment

I really wish Roger Goodell would stop fooling with the draft...

There was nothing wrong with 3 rounds on Day 1, but now it's just 2.

Then there was talk and still could be talk about moving Round 1 to Friday, which is just stupid.

And after the NFL said they would do everything to avoid another Brady Quinn type wait at the draft, they invite MORE players and players more likely to go later on in the 1st round.

Now this talk about moving the Draft to May.

Why? What is wrong with the draft in its current form that it needs to be tinkered with so much?

Leave it alone... it's fine

Comment

You can't move Christmas back

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          Move it forward if anything, not back.
                          My thoughts exactly. What's the reasoning for it???
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

sigh. Every year it's something different. What a pain in the arse the NFL has become.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by shady00 View Post
                              You can't move Christmas back
                              Quoted for emphasis.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information