Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 1: Prospect Standouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Eric Decker caught 9 balls for about 180 yards I believe. He basically is our offense.

    Lee Campbell is turning into a really solid middle linebacker too, although he's still probably a 5th round prospect.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Ozzy View Post




      *Mark Ingram SOPH RB Alabama: was a literal bowling ball on the field,




      no.

      'literal' means NOT figurative. so, when ya say he was a 'literal bowling ball', you're basically saying that he didn't play like a bowling ball, but actually transformed into a bowling ball. i sincerely doubt this happened. if it did, i need to start paying more attention to SEC football.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by drowe View Post
        no.

        'literal' means NOT figurative. so, when ya say he was a 'literal bowling ball', you're basically saying that he didn't play like a bowling ball, but actually transformed into a bowling ball. i sincerely doubt this happened. if it did, i need to start paying more attention to SEC football.
        ted mosby is that you?


        Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

        Comment


        • #19
          No Daryl Clark or Derek Moye?

          Comment


          • #20
            Ozzy, of course the Florida State kicker is a good prospect... he was the #1 kicker prospect.

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • #21
              I was more impressed by Jacory Harris & Blaine Gabbert than Matt Barkley to be honest. Did he even throw a td ? Hype machine has already begun. I don't know why you'd mention Sam Shields. He did not stand out at all. Randy Phillips on the other hand could blow up if he puts together a good senior season. And finally, Michael Floyd was the most impressive player I saw week one.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
                I was more impressed by Jacory Harris & Blaine Gabbert than Matt Barkley to be honest. Did he even throw a td ? Hype machine has already begun. I don't know why you'd mention Sam Shields. He did not stand out at all. Randy Phillips on the other hand could blow up if he puts together a good senior season. And finally, Michael Floyd was the most impressive player I saw week one.
                Can we all take note that Barkley threw a TD (4 yds to Rhett Ellison) it seems to be confusing a lot of folks. I will admit Matt didnt set the world on fire but keep it in perspective it was his first game, he's a true freshman and everyone sort of figured he'd just hand the ball off.

                I'd give a mention of James Johnson, Washington fr. WR. had 6 catches for 63 yds and a TD.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Tate Forcier- The Man.
                  Brandon Graham almost had about a half-dozen sacks. Only finished with 0.5 tackles, but repeatedly abused WMU's OL and forced throws, one of which led to a Boubacar Cissoko interception.
                  Junior Hemingway- 2004 Braylon, is that you? :D A slight exaggeration, but still a great game.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I'm only going to mention guys from the UCLA/SDSU game because it's the only game I really paid attention to

                    The big 3 on the UCLA Defense(Brian Price, Reggie Carter, and Alterraun Verner) all showed up as expected but I was also very impressed with the Bosworth twins. The one who plays DE was getting a ton of pressure the QB and the one who plays OLB showed sound open field tackling.

                    For San Diego State I really like junior WR Vincent Brown. He has good speed and his routes looked crisp. LB Luke Laogai looked like he could be the next NFL linebacker from SDSU

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Tate Forcier- The Man
                      I saw he is listed as 6'1" 188lbs, but when I watched the highlights, I had a very hard time believing it. He looked tiny.

                      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Well Ozzy is a SCAR guy so he has some of the younger guys covered. I'll throw in Junior TE, Weslye Saunders. He's an underrated TE prospect for sure. He's replacing Jared Cook and he's off to a good start, catching 4 passes for 50 yards last week. He could really emerge as a weapon for us. He's pretty quick at 6'4 about 280. haha. Runs good routes, has huge reliable hands, hard to bring down, is a much better blocker than Jared Cook. He's a good player, one def. worth keeping an eye on.

                        As for another...

                        Cliff Matthews finally looked like the pass rushing beast we thought we were getting. He's not too big but, has the strength, speed, and quickness off the edge to really become an outstanding pro prospect in his own right. SCAR's pass rush looks to be extremely dangerous and productive this year if Cliff is finally taking those next steps in his progression. The always dangerous Eric Norwood is a shoe in for double digit sacks himself. The returns of Clifton Geathers and Ladi Ajiboye are only going to help here.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-10-2009, 06:08 PM.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Taylor Mays looked better than Eric Berry. *ducks under table*

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Taylor Mays looked better than Eric Berry. *ducks under table*
                            Neither of those guys are going to starve to death at the next level. I think Mays has a chance to get a little seperation after the OSU game ,he won't get by the Seattle pick(s).

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Berry actually went back to playing CB, at least week 1 he did and almost had a pic on the first play of the game LOL. Dude's versatility is insane. I don't think there was ever a real debate as to who was the best DB in the nation was.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
                                Berry actually went back to playing CB, at least week 1 he did and almost had a pic on the first play of the game LOL. Dude's versatility is insane. I don't think there was ever a real debate as to who was the best DB in the nation was.
                                Actually there is.. Taylor Mays looked really good at his new position, just like I said he would.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information