No announcement yet.

Week 1: Prospect Standouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally though Cissoko from Michigan had a really good game. ND had 3 elite athletes at WR and he did a really good job keeping up and staying on the hip of those guys. Players like Floyd and Tate are going to make play but I thought that Cissoko did a really good job of limiting their influence.

Outside of Minor, who looked so much better than I've ever seen him look and Forcier, I thought Cissoko was the most impressive player for Michigan.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
      I personally though Cissoko from Michigan had a really good game. ND had 3 elite athletes at WR and he did a really good job keeping up and staying on the hip of those guys. Players like Floyd and Tate are going to make play but I thought that Cissoko did a really good job of limiting their influence.

Outside of Minor, who looked so much better than I've ever seen him look and Forcier, I thought Cissoko was the most impressive player for Michigan.
      Eep.

Warren looked far superior to Cissoko. Bobo was getting beat all over the field. Warren actually had good coverage most of the time. I will say he was actually on the hip of the WR quite often. Unfortunately, he regularly got PI calls (although I thought one of them was slightly weak) and balls caught over him in alot of those situations.
      Last edited by ironman4579; 09-17-2009, 08:54 AM.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Is this a serious post?

Cissoko had one of the worst games I've ever seen from a Michigan CB, and that includes the Markus Curry/Morgan Trent/Johnny Sears eras.

Comment

Do you mean the 150+ receiving yards and 2 TDs he gave up? If you consider that limiting their influence (ND WRs dominated both CBs), then you are out of your friggin skull. If Tate didn't drop two big plays against Warren, then Warren would have looked almost as bad... not that bad since that's very hard to do, but you get my point.

I usually don't rep people, but this is deserving of a neg rep
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
          Originally posted by GoRavens
          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Two weeks into the season and Michael Floyd is the best player in NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
              Two weeks into the season and Michael Floyd is the best player in NCAA.
              I'm not sure about that because he was effective for a game and a half. Maybe the best pro prospect but he has competition from his own class in Julio Jones and AJ Green.

Best NCAA player is Tim Tebow till someone proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                I'm not sure about that because he was effective for a game and a half. Maybe the best pro prospect but he has competition from his own class in Julio Jones and AJ Green.

Best NCAA player is Tim Tebow till someone proves me wrong.
                By virtue of his position and that team, I agree with you, but as a pure player, I'll take Eric Berry all day as the best player in the country.

He is football's equivalent to a 5-tool player

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                  Do you mean the 150+ receiving yards and 2 TDs he gave up? If you consider that limiting their influence (ND WRs dominated both CBs), then you are out of your friggin skull. If Tate didn't drop two big plays against Warren, then Warren would have looked almost as bad... not that bad since that's very hard to do, but you get my point.

I usually don't rep people, but this is deserving of a neg rep
                  I disagree on the Warren comment. Tate dropped one ball against Warren, the other was against Cissoko. And you can call it a drop, and yes Tate should have had it, but Warren did get his arm on Tate's arm as the ball got there, and did get a piece of the ball. I just rewatched the game. In the first quarter, Warren was thrown at twice, and gave up one catch for 5 yards. In the second quarter, thrown at 3 times, gave up 2 catches for 22 yards and a TD. In the third quarter he wasn't thrown at. And in the fourth, thrown at 4 times, gave up 1 catch for 7 yards. Thrown at a total of 9 times, gave up 4 catches for 34 yards and a TD.

He also gave up 2 catches in zone coverage, but that's something I expected as his zone awareness is still nowhere near his man coverage skills. But I'm sorry, giving up 4 catches for 34 yards against that passing attack is an outstanding day.

Originally posted by Jakey
                  WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                    I disagree on the Warren comment. Tate dropped one ball against Warren, the other was against Cissoko. And you can call it a drop, and yes Tate should have had it, but Warren did get his arm on Tate's arm as the ball got there, and did get a piece of the ball. I just rewatched the game. In the first quarter, Warren was thrown at twice, and gave up one catch for 5 yards. In the second quarter, thrown at 3 times, gave up 2 catches for 22 yards and a TD. In the third quarter he wasn't thrown at. And in the fourth, thrown at 4 times, gave up 1 catch for 7 yards. Thrown at a total of 9 times, gave up 4 catches for 34 yards and a TD.

He also gave up 2 catches in zone coverage, but that's something I expected as his zone awareness is still nowhere near his man coverage skills. But I'm sorry, giving up 4 catches for 34 yards against that passing attack is an outstanding day.
                    Those are the correct numbers. Plus rep for knowing what you're talking about. The zone plays were excellent reads by him. Short passes and an immediate tackle. Given the two passes, that's about as good as you can defend it since the guy who made the catch wasn't his primary concern (deep route to hold him deeper and the guy coming underneath made the catch... if he bites early on the short, then deep ball between the CB and S is a lot easier, so he did his job). I wouldn't count that against him since he made the tackle quickly.

Something that I didn't come out and say was the fact that Warren wanted no part of Floyd. I think he had a bad game as an NFL prospect (not as a college player... I wouldn't call it outstanding though, but I wouldn't call it bad either... good and a little lucky). I don't think he matched up with Floyd five times in the whole game... that ticked me off, and Floyd just killed him on that TD. Floyd doesn't even run a route on that TD. He just runs off the line and waits for Jimmy to throw it up (He was literally looking back the whole the time... good time for Warren to come up and jack him up? I think so). What's Warren do? He's got the best seat in the house and he doesn't even put a ******* hand on him. Have you ever seen him jam a WR? Use his hands? Ever? This is really the first year I've ever focused in on him after hearing the first round hype, so I honestly don't know. Not to mention, when Floyd went out of the game, the other guy (Cisscko... sicko... whatever) started covering Tate and he took that one dude, Evans, and gave up a quick hitter to him. Warren showed me nothing. The first play where he broke up the deep ball on Tate, if that's Floyd, that's a TD. If that's Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, TO, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne... that's a TD. They wont over run it and try to catch it on their hip, they stop and attack the ball right over him. I look at him as a prospect in that vein, and in that vein, he had a horrid game since I consider how bad his technique is, his lackluster speed and nonexistent redirecting of WRs. An NFL WR will get open on him all day if he doesn't jam him. He doesn't have great speed, but he invites the deep ball since all he does is turn and run with the WR... why? If he was matched up against Floyd as much as the other guy... Floyd is putting up the same numbers, maybe more since UM didn't give him much safety help.

That's my reasoning.
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                    Originally posted by GoRavens
                    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Week 3:
                      *Sean Fisher FR OLB Nebraska: Freak athlete at linebacker, the Nebraska website has him listed as 6-6, at linebacker that is really rare, but the kid is fast, made plays all over the field and hit very aggressively, should be a flat out star in the future.

*Vaugh Telemaque FR SS Miami FL: What a safety, finally they got another good one, he is really fun to watch, hits hard, runs fast and makes plays. Should be starting the rest of the year for the Canes.

*Mason Foster JR OLB Washington: Very impressive linebacker, built like a house, very strong, moves well on the field and always is around the ball. He should be a great linebacker prospect by the end of the season.

*Tyson Alualu SR DE Cal: Noticed him last year, this year, if he keeps playing up to this level, he could be a 1st round pick, just an absolutely perfect DE prospect, almost none better than him.

*John Chiles JR WR Texas: Extremely impressed with this kids quickness, great receiving potential, very impressive he would play anywhere the team needed him to play. Big time speed and he is just a special athlete and should be a monster next year.

*Michael Mohamed JR ILB Cal: One of the top 5 inside linebackers in college football today. Outstanding on the field, plays the pass well and can stuff the run, rarely out of position, just a great player.

*Sean Cattouse SOPH SS Cal: What a baller, big time hitter, really athletic and long, should be an absolute star safety in a few years, really elite talent. He could have a All Pac-10 type of season this year.

*Onterio McCalebb FR RB Auburn: Impressive little runner, has good speed and proves the Tigers with a much needed big play threat at that position.

*Nick Perry RS FR DE USC: Big strong kid, had a fine game against Washington and should be starting the rest of the season for USC.

*Selvish Capers SR OT West Virginia: Some talked about him last year, the kid is just thick, good athlete, very powerful and should be a first day selection possibly.

*Kirk Cousins SOPH QB Michigan State: Saw a little of him, he is one to watch out for, very impressed with his command of the huddle, makes good choices and has great mechanics.

*Larry Caper FR RB Michigan State: Thick little running back, very powerful legs and should help the Spartan ground game for years to come.

*Baker Steinkuhler FR DT Nebraska: Massive man, should be an elite defensive tackle in a very short period of time, he could be a great player under Pelini.

*Roy Helu Jr JR RB Nebraska: More impressed with him this season, he is a thick runner, can run for power and break it for a long gain. Makes good catches out of the backfield and can carry the load and not wear down, very good prospect.

*Ryan Williams FR RB Virginia Tech: Good tough runner, could take Evan’s spot for good down the road.

*Dan Buckner SOPH WR Texas: Helped moved him to tight end, but still a big tall kid that is athletic and can make plays, just wait till they move him back to receiver.

*Demaryius Thomas JR WR Georgia Tech: Horrible passing game made ok by him, if he was on another school he would get a lot more attention, only question is his speed to seperate but clearly his blocking is more than ok.

*Tavarres King FR WR Georgia: Very fast young receiver, could make the Georgia receiving core flat out great in a few years.

*LaRon Byrd SOPH WR Miami FL: Very big strong kid, looks like a small tight end, made a lot of good catches and should have a real breakout year with Harris throwing him the ball.

*Jimmy Graham SR TE Miami FL: Clear project but he is tall and athletic, could have a shot potentially, too bad he did not made this decision sooner.

*Mitchell Schwartz SOPH OT Cal: Big strong kid, great feet, is going to be a very good offensive tackle prospect down the line.

Notes:
                      Nebraska: They are totally back, so fun watched they play now, and it all begins with the defense, they got some flat out stars on that side of the ball.

Jonathan Dwyer: So disappointed in him, it is ridiculous, what a shame he is being so unproductive, and let us not even pretend he is a FB prospect in the NFL, what a waste if he ended up there. Really hopes he can turn his season around. At least he has another season to play if he wants it.

Tyrod Taylor: Really not impressed with him so far this year, takes off to run so often, last year he wanted to commit to the pass, this year he runs way too often. Not impressed with his accuracy at all either.

Comment

i know this isnt his year, but i am strongly strongly on board the AJ Green bandwagon.

Comment

i know this isnt his year, but i am strongly strongly on board the AJ Green bandwagon.
                          Yes, he is clearly the best of a great group. Wonderful going up and getting the ball. This class of receivers with Floyd, Green and Jones is one of the best in years. It is crazy for Georgia though, Marlon Brown is not even playing at WR, hopefully he can redshirt.

Comment

Good stuff as always Ozzy, too bad for Nebraska fans they couldnt have handled the end of that game a little better.

Comment

Good stuff as always Ozzy, too bad for Nebraska fans they couldnt have handled the end of that game a little better.
                              Why, what happened? Were they upset, I clearly would have been they flat out dominated all game long and lost in the final seconds. They deserved to win that game, not Virginia Tech.

Comment

A few others for this week.

Week 3:
                                Daniel Thomas JR RB Kansas State: Not amazing but as a big back was impressive with very suspect talent around him. Broken tackles well and had a sense of quickness on the field, will be interesting to watch him develop down the road.

Malcolm Sheppard SR DT Arkansas: Liked him as a defensive end prospect a long time ago, now moved to defensive tackle and is quick as can be rushing the passer. A little small but very talented going after the quarterback, beats guys off the ball and should be a nice senior defensive tackle prospect come seasons end.

Logan Paulsen SR TE UCLA: Nothing outstanding here, but he is a solid tight end, long kid, moves well and I have seen less talented tight ends in the league make a roster, so he could get a shot if he consistently proves this year he is a pass catching threat and can block as well.

Note Jeffrey Fitzgerald is going to have a hard time getting relevant again. On Virginia he was a star and people knew who he was, now he has to start all over again and who knows if he will gain back that same dominance he once had at Virginia, or maybe it was just playing opposite Chris Long made he look good, regardless he has some work to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information