No announcement yet.

Prospect Comparison Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Toby Gehrhart compare to Steven Jackson?
    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
      How does Toby Gehrhart compare to Steven Jackson?
      no. not even close.
      GO RAVENS

Comment

Badly

S-Jax pretty much has everything and is probably the most all-round RB in the league. He can round over people, he can run round them, he can pass block, he is good out of the backfield.

Jackson and Gerhart have similar size but Jackson is a mid 4.4 guy who plays just as fast. Gerhart is maybe a 4.5 guy who will be limited at the next level due to his lack of top end speed. I also think Jackson is way more agile in his cuts than Gerhart
        Last edited by AntoinCD; 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

That's pretty funny.

Comment

• Jackson isn't mid 4.4

Gerhart is probably going to be much more healthy long term than Jackson, and has better natural instincts runing the ball.

Comment

Differant kind of backs, Jackson is more the Eric Dickerson type with top end speed and Gerhart is a guy that can move the pile and get to the next level of the defense quicker than most people realize.

Thing is the Rams if they were to trade Jackson for a big package and draft Gerhart in the early second arent going to lose any more games than they are losing now and they might actually win more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                Jackson isn't mid 4.4

Gerhart is probably going to be much more healthy long term than Jackson, and has better natural instincts runing the ball.
                With no obvious 40yd dash time in his pro career lets look at his pre draft numbers in 2004. He ran a 4.45 40.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Michael Turner is a good comparison to Gerhart. Steven Jackson isn't that far off. Gerhart's top end speed is underrated, he ran step for step with Mays for 30 yards, but Mays had an angle on him and caught up. He has burned quite a few dbs in college. Like in the OSU game in 08 he ran up the middle into two defenders, then bounced it to the outside and outran a db for 50 or 60 yard td

Steven Jackson ran a 4.45 that was at a pro day, not electronically timed. Toby Gerhart has been timed at 4.48 and recently 4.43, but it wasn't electronically timed either.
                  Last edited by batsandgats; 02-14-2010, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Toby Gerhart is the best of Eddie George and Steven Jackson, and he's faster than Taylor Mays (who runs a 4.25). He's also smarter and hard workinger.
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                      Jackson isn't mid 4.4

My god ToldLikeItIs, I miss when you had the deserving negative rep.
                      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

• Charles Brown = Dryan Colledge?

Comment

• I don't have any idea why, but everytime I think of Suh I think of Amobi Okoye... I can't get it out of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                            I don't have any idea why, but everytime I think of Suh I think of Amobi Okoye... I can't get it out of my head.
                            That's a really strange one. Not that similar at all. Okoye was/is a strictly UT, penetrating, quickness type. Suh is more of a power type, even though he's by no means sluggish.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              That's a really strange one. Not that similar at all. Okoye was/is a strictly UT, penetrating, quickness type. Suh is more of a power type, even though he's by no means sluggish.
                              Yeah, exactly what I'm thinking to myself. Okoye was pretty strong though, wasn't he?

Comment

• Suh - Kris Jenkins

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information