No announcement yet.

Prospect Comparison Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okoye was built differently as well, he's more of that short stout look, and Suh looks like a hybrid 3-4 de/dt.

Suh's absurdly strong, if you don't factor in size, his strength/speed ratio is going to be pretty high up there for a DT.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
      Suh - Kris Jenkins
      Richard Seymour makes far more sense to me.

Comment

• Does anyone think Jerry Hughes is similar to Everette Brown? Both are explosive athletes for the DE position with similar size and skillsets. Brown had that spin move coming out of college whereas Hughes got to the QB with mainly pure athleticism and quickness of the ball without any real go to moves. As prospects both were viewed has weak in the run game and potential 3-4 OLB candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
          Suh - Kris Jenkins
          6'4 305 Ndamukong Suh who's best fit may be at 5 technique in the NFL reminds you of 6'4 360 Kris Jenkins who is strictly a NT?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Briscoe reminds me of Miles Austin. Not sure if he has the same work ethic though.
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Obviously not every comparison can be spot on. For example.. I know McCoy is probably more accurate than Thigpen, Schaub isn't as slender as Bradford.. so on and so forth...these are just off the top of the head.
              QB:
              Jimmy Clausen / Matt Ryan
              Sam Bradford / Matt Schaub
              Dan LeFevour / Alex Smith
              Tony Pike / Dan Orlovsky
              Colt McCoy / Tyler Thigpen

RB:
              CJ Spiller / Leon Washington
              Jahvid Best / Steve Slaton
              Ryan Matthews / Cedric Benson
              Jonathan Dwyer / Larry Johnson
              LaGarrette Blount / Michael Bush
              Joe McKnight / Reggie Bush

WR:
              Dez Bryant / Chad OchoCinco
              Golden Tate / Greg Jennings
              Arrelious Benn / Anquan Boldin
              Damian Williams / Reggie Wayne
              Damaryius Thomas / Brandon Marshall
              Mardy Gilyard / Santonio Holmes

Comment

• well considering jenkins was 316 coming out its not too crazy

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Suh is a bigger, faster, stronger Warren Sapp

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                    Suh is a bigger, faster, stronger Warren Sapp
                    They really have very little in common at all. Sapp was like 6'2 290 coming out. Suh is 6'4/6'3 300lbs. Sapp had a very thick lower body and his game was all about penetrating with his explosiveness and quickness. Suh has a very strong upper body and his game is based on controlling his man at the line of scrimmage and shedding the blocks but is no wear near as quick and explosive as Sapp was. Suh's game and Sapp's game are completely different.

Comment

• Suh = Kevin Williams, imo.

Comment

• Right now the comparison I'm getting for Suh is Brodrick Bunkley, both are around the same size, incredibly strong upper-bodies, sack guys in college and both lack the lower body girth and strength to consistently hold up against the big offensive guards of the NFL. Bunkley is a great NT for the Eagles but I wouldn't be willing to spend a #1 pick on him any time soon or a top 10 pick and I think that Suh is going to end up being eerily similar to Bunkley and we're going to see that at the combine when Suh puts up numbers that are nearly exactly the same as Bunk did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                          Suh = Kevin Williams, imo.
                          (perfection)
                          GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            Right now the comparison I'm getting for Suh is Brodrick Bunkley, both are around the same size, incredibly strong upper-bodies, sack guys in college and both lack the lower body girth and strength to consistently hold up against the big offensive guards of the NFL. Bunkley is a great NT for the Eagles but I wouldn't be willing to spend a #1 pick on him any time soon or a top 10 pick and I think that Suh is going to end up being eerily similar to Bunkley and we're going to see that at the combine when Suh puts up numbers that are nearly exactly the same as Bunk did.

No, no, no.... Bunkley is a couple inches shorter, and not as rangy as Suh. Suh also has MUCH better instincts, and reacts to the play better than Bunkley coming out of college. He also is way more disruptive, whether it's getting to the QB, or just getting into passing lanes. Guy's a stud.

Kevin Williams and Richard Seymour are both solid comparisons for Suh. Suh projects well to both schemes as well (4-3 DT, 3-4 DE).

Comment

• TE:
                              Jermaine Gresham / Jermichael Finley
                              Aaron Hernandez / Dallas Clark
                              Rob Gronkowski / Zach Miller

OT:
                              Russell Okung / D'Brickashaw Ferguson
                              Anthony Davis / Jeff Otah
                              Bryan Bulaga / Michael Oher
                              Bruce Campbell / Ryan Clady

OG/C:
                              Mike Iupati / Leonard Davis
                              Jon Asamoah / Chris Snee
                              Maurkice Pouncey / Ben Grubbs
                              John Jerry / Justin Blalock
                              Shawn Lauvao / Andy Levitre

4-3 DE/3-4 OLB:
                              Carlos Dunlap / Jamaal Anderson
                              Derrick Morgan / Will Smith
                              Brandon Graham / Lamarr Woodley
                              Corey Wootton / Jason Jones
                              Jason Pierre-Paul / Osi Umenyiora
                              Jerry Hughes / Kamerion Wimbley
                              Everson Griffen / Everette Brown
                              Austen Lane / Mathias Kiwanuka

Comment

• Originally posted by Clarkw267 View Post
                                No, no, no.... Bunkley is a couple inches shorter, and not as rangy as Suh. Suh also has MUCH better instincts, and reacts to the play better than Bunkley coming out of college. He also is way more disruptive, whether it's getting to the QB, or just getting into passing lanes. Guy's a stud.

Kevin Williams and Richard Seymour are both solid comparisons for Suh. Suh projects well to both schemes as well (4-3 DT, 3-4 DE).
                                Bunkley is only 1" shorter (he measured in at 6'2.75") than him first of all (Suh is around 6'4"), second IDK how you judge instincts but feel free to let me know and then I could probably adequately respond to that. But for now I'll just resort to Scott Wright's old scouting report which said this:
                                Very solid and compactly built...Extremely strong...Holds his ground and will not get pushed around...Has tremendous balance...Is very quick and explosive...Does a pretty good job of penetrating and makes a lot of plays in the opponents backfield...Has a motor that never stops...Plays with good leverage...Locates the ball well...Gets a great push up the middle...Had an outstanding senior campaign.
                                But as for your disruptive point, that isn't true at all, Bunkley had 9 sacks, Suh had 12 but Bunkley had an astounding total of 25 TFL which is 4.5 more than Suh had. Also keep in mind that Bunkley played 1 less game than Suh.

I don't really know what you're talking about but Bunkley and Suh are equal in my mind, same build (Bunkley is probably thicker) and they play the same way IMO, they don't have any real pass rush moves instead they simply try to overpower people and that worked in college for both of them but if Suh doesn't learn a more finesse game he will end up just like Bunkley, a pass rusher in college turned run stuffer in the NFL and while that is incredibly valuable to any team it isn't worth spending a #1 pick on.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information