No announcement yet.

Prospect Comparison Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you see the old scouting reports man?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
      How do you see the old scouting reports man?
      internet archive thing called 'Way Back Machine'.
      http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...tcountdown.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
        Suh = Kevin Williams, imo.
        I think its perfect for Williams now, but wasn't he a DE/DT tweener coming out of college and more of a pure UT when he first came out?
        I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          Right now the comparison I'm getting for Suh is Brodrick Bunkley, both are around the same size, incredibly strong upper-bodies, sack guys in college and both lack the lower body girth and strength to consistently hold up against the big offensive guards of the NFL. Bunkley is a great NT for the Eagles but I wouldn't be willing to spend a #1 pick on him any time soon or a top 10 pick and I think that Suh is going to end up being eerily similar to Bunkley and we're going to see that at the combine when Suh puts up numbers that are nearly exactly the same as Bunk did.
          Bunkley's not a bad one either...I still think Suh is pretty much a Darnell Dockett clone.

The only reason he's not a Kevin Williams or Richard Seymour (or Henderson, or Haynesworth) is that he's not 6'6...which those guys all are.

Comment

• Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
            Bunkley's not a bad one either...I still think Suh is pretty much a Darnell Dockett clone.

The only reason he's not a Kevin Williams or Richard Seymour (or Henderson, or Haynesworth) is that he's not 6'6...which those guys all are.
            Dockett is perfect for Suh. Long, rangey, great disruptive athlete. Well done.
            I want a sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
              Dockett is perfect for Suh. Long, rangey, great disruptive athlete. Well done.
              Thank you sir...both can play the nose because of their ridiculous upper body power and the leverage they get... they're athletic enough to play UT or DE (in a 3-4) if that's what they're asked to do...same height...same weight...same body type...similar skillsets...

Suh's going to be such a good player...Dockett's pretty much Seymour without the 6'6 315+ body anyway.

Comment

• I think Suh is stronger than Dockett and Seymour to be honest. I dunno what his reps will be, but he's massively strong functionally.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                  I think Suh is stronger than Dockett and Seymour to be honest. I dunno what his reps will be, but he's massively strong functionally.
                  People often forget how much of a beast Seymour was. He never put up huge numbers since he played end in a 3-4, but he was dominant for a long time. He still had a pretty good year in Oakland this past season, but if he played in a 4-3 his whole career he would have earned a lot more recognition as an elite player. He is probably the best 3-4 end we've seen and is what everyone looks for at the position; he is huge, strong, and very athletic. He was a froce against the run but could also rush the passer.

I really like the Suh to Seymour comparison, Suh is just 2 inches shorter. If Suh plays in a 3-4 he could be a Seymour type end but if he is drafted into a 4-3 then he could be the type of franchise type force big Rich could have been in that defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                    People often forget how much of a beast Seymour was. He never put up huge numbers since he played end in a 3-4, but he was dominant for a long time. He still had a pretty good year in Oakland this past season, but if he played in a 4-3 his whole career he would have earned a lot more recognition as an elite player. He is probably the best 3-4 end we've seen and is what everyone looks for at the position; he is huge, strong, and very athletic. He was a froce against the run but could also rush the passer.

I really like the Suh to Seymour comparison, Suh is just 2 inches shorter. If Suh plays in a 3-4 he could be a Seymour type end but if he is drafted into a 4-3 then he could be the type of franchise type force big Rich could have been in that defense.
                    Notice how fast that defense went downhill when Seymour left.

Comment

• Dunno if he will ever be as good as Seymour, I just know he's stronger.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post

people tend to forget he played DT for the first 2-3 years in NE and was a 3-4 DE for about 4-5 years.
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Dunno if he will ever be as good as Seymour, I just know he's stronger.
                          He's better at a similar stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                            people tend to forget he played DT for the first 2-3 years in NE and was a 3-4 DE for about 4-5 years.
                            God...remember the SEC when Georgia's DTs were Stroud/Seymour and Tennessee's was Haynesworth/Henderson?

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              God...remember the SEC when Georgia's DTs were Stroud/Seymour and Tennessee's was Haynesworth/Henderson?
                              Very good.
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Dunno if he will ever be as good as Seymour, I just know he's stronger.
                                I'll agree with that...he's as strong as Dockett, and that's an compliment and a half...watch Darnell Dockett player and you'll see a guy who's as functionally strong as any DT in the league. Lines up everywhere for the Cards...Aren't there any Cardinal fans here to talk about this guy? He's a beast. There's a decent argument that he's the 2nd best 3-4 DL in the league right now behind Ngata...well now that Haynesworth's going onto a 3 man line...but yea there's an argument.

Seymour's a HOFer and probably the best 3-4 DE of his generation. He can best be described as the prototype for his position (along with a select few guys). I don't want to just throw a comparison to him out and I disappoint myself by throwing it out for Oghobaase a year or so ago.

I guess Suh can be considered in that class of DT prospect...but the way I look at it is that if someone was in this draft who played exactly like Suh but was 2 inches taller and about 15-20 pounds heavier then he'd clearly be the better prospect. That would be a DT in the class of Seymour (who should be considered a DT as well as a3-4 DE because I doubt a 4-3 team would have said no to him when he was younger).

Before I'm accused of it, I'm not diminishing Suh as a prospect. He's the top player in this draft, and the best DT prospect since Ngata.
                                Last edited by SenorGato; 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information