• Show
Clear All

• Sam Bradford = taller Kurt Warner

Comment

• Sam Bradford = Alex Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Sam Bradford = Alex Smith

That's what I said. They both came from spread offenses and had everyone oohing and aahing about their intelligence and their accuracy. I really don't see much of a difference. Both are athletic guys, running 4.7-ish 40s, both played on top-tier teams in mediocre conferences. I'm not necessarily saying Bradford will be a bust; I haven't given up on Alex Smith quite yet. But their profiles are really, really similar.

Comment

• Sam Bradford-Chad Pennington
          Jimmy Clausen-JP Losman
          Tim Tebow- David Garrard/Byron Leftwich/Dallas Clark
          Ndamukong Suh- Albert Haynesworth
          Gerald McCoy- John Randle
          Eric Berry- Aneas Williams
          Dez Bryant- Terrell Owens
          Russel Okung- D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Comment

• I'm telling you, Toby Gerhart is a functional clone of Eddie George,

I predict a very similar career for him, barring any kind of injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
              That's what I said. They both came from spread offenses and had everyone oohing and aahing about their intelligence and their accuracy. I really don't see much of a difference. Both are athletic guys, running 4.7-ish 40s, both played on top-tier teams in mediocre conferences. I'm not necessarily saying Bradford will be a bust; I haven't given up on Alex Smith quite yet. But their profiles are really, really similar.
              He is way to similar to Alex Smith for my liking, pull up some old Alex Smith reports and rename them Sam Bradford’s scouting report and I doubt you’ll find many flaws in them. In college, Alex Smith was a leader, he was super intelligent, accurate, efficient with the football and looked like the next big thing at QB, sounds a lot like Bradford right about now. Then toss in average arm strength, a college scheme that boosted his stats, a college scheme that hindered their development in terms of reading defenses and going through progressions, would have to adjust to taking snaps from center and toss in the fact they’re both pocket passers and you’re looking at near clones of one another. Hopefully Sam Bradford isn’t the next Alex Smith for the sake of whatever team drafts him.

Comment

• Toby Gerhart = Mike Alstott or Brian Leonard...................just kidding.

Comment

• unfortunately I can't disagree with the Eddie comparisons b/c I didn't get to watch enough of Toby in college. Damn west coast television region. I've only seen about 4 games of Toby and I can't say I was thinking about Eddie when watching him. Does he run up^right?

Comment

• I see the Sam Bradford/Phillip Rivers comparison, Don't see the Bradford/Alex Smith comparison at all.

Comment

• yeah, Bradford is a little bit like Philip Rivers or Bernie Kosar.

Comment

He is way to similar to Alex Smith for my liking, pull up some old Alex Smith reports and rename them Sam Bradford’s scouting report and I doubt you’ll find many flaws in them. In college, Alex Smith was a leader, he was super intelligent, accurate, efficient with the football and looked like the next big thing at QB, sounds a lot like Bradford right about now. Then toss in average arm strength, a college scheme that boosted his stats, a college scheme that hindered their development in terms of reading defenses and going through progressions, would have to adjust to taking snaps from center and toss in the fact they’re both pocket passers and you’re looking at near clones of one another. Hopefully Sam Bradford isn’t the next Alex Smith for the sake of whatever team drafts him.
                        Not to mention they both suffered the exact same shoulder injury.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...mith-advi.html

I've never been real big on Bradford. I like him as a person better than Clausen, but I've got my fingers crossed hoping that the Seahawks don't draft either of them.

Comment

• I dug up a couple of scouting reports for each of them. Guess who's who: (You probably can, but that's not the point)

QB 1

6'4" 217 lbs, 4.75

________ is a mobile quarterback with good quickness, agility, and awareness. He has a solid throwing motion, and he displayed fantastic accuracy. He has the athletic ability to be a threat running the ball as well as throwing it.
                          ________ is also a very intelligent quarterback who reads defenses well and makes good, quick decisions. He has a tremendous work ethic on the field as well as in the film room, and he displays good leadership qualities.

The junior from _______ doesn't possess the strongest arm in the draft and might fit best in a West Coast style of offense, but he can make all the throws to be successful in the NFL, and he remains accurate when he's on the run. He has good, quick footwork, sound mechanics, and a high release point.
                          With the lack of a bona fide potential superstar quarterback in the _____ NFL Draft, _______'s stock has risen higher than it probably would have in most years. Some draft boards have him as the No. 1 selection overall.

And QB 2

6'4" 218 lbs 4.75

______ quarterback _________ had developed into one of the top prospects in the nation at quarterback by his sophomore season. ______, a redshirt junior, is not the most mobile quarterback, but he is very accurate. In my view, he would be a great fit in a West Coast system because of his accuracy and quick decision-making, but his skills won't limit him to that system alone.

He possesses adequate arm strength, decent mobility, and is a smart player who rarely makes mistakes, as his career touchdown-to-interception ratio illustrates. And at 6-4 and about 220 pounds, he has the size to play the position at the NFL level.

I edited some of the injury information out of the comparisons, because that's too obvious, and I realize that Bradford is now listed at something like 235 pounds, but those measurements are from the scouting reports, which are both from the same site. 40 times are basically common knowledge...And does anyone really doubt that Sam Bradford could've run for 10 touchdowns if he'd had been playing in the MWC?

http://football.about.com/od/playerp...smith.-Gwn.htm

http://football.about.com/od/nflplay.../Sam-Bradford/

Comment

• QBs

Jimmy Clausen reminds me of Matt Leinart.

Sam Bradford is like a less turnover prone Tim Couch

Tim Tebow reminds of Rich Gannon.

Colt McCoy is most like Charlie Frye

Originally posted by borg9
                            Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
                              QBs

Jimmy Clausen reminds me of Matt Leinart.

Sam Bradford is like a less turnover prone Tim Couch

Tim Tebow reminds of Rich Gannon.

Colt McCoy is most like Charlie Frye
                              What!!!!! These are bad.

Comment

Sam Bradford = Alex Smith
                                thanks you...been saying it for 2 years now
                                E]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information