Prospect Comparison Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    You know, that's actually the better comparisons I've heard.
    i actually just Googled old Steve McNair and watched him throw aside defenders didn't McNair sit behind moon. before he played.

Comment

• when you carry the ball 400 times in a season and you are a great short yardage back, your YPC isn't gonna be that high. Plus we all know Eddie was never a guy who broke the big long runs in the NFL to skew his average like Tomlinson and Barry and all those fast backs. Eddie didn't have that many 20+ yard runs.
      Last edited by keylime_5; 03-19-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        when you carry the ball 400 times in a season and you are a great short yardage back, your YPC isn't gonna be that high. Plus we all know Eddie was never a guy who broke the big long runs in the NFL to skew his average like Tomlinson and Barry and all those fast backs. Eddie didn't have that many 20+ yard runs.
        Yep. Only 37 carries of 20+ yards, and only 4 40+ yard runs. That's out of close to three thousand carries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canton45 View Post
          i actually just Googled old Steve McNair and watched him throw aside defenders didn't McNair sit behind moon. before he played.
          Physically, it's not a perfect comparison as McNair had a cannon of an arm, but from a psychological standpoint I get it. Both have the mental toughness, though McNair's went unnoticed until much later. I remember when McNair put up jawdropping numbers and was drafted out of the crazyass SWAC. Jamarcus Russell type arm, and a good runner, too, but no idea what to do with those skills. Alcorn State's draw routes in the dirt offense was light years behind what was and is done in the NFL. If you think the spread is poor preperation for the pros... But that was a different era, too, when most raw QB's were handed a clipboard for three years before given the keys. Now, it's quite literally a whole different ballgame. Owners (and fans) are less patient now and expect near immediate production from high salaried draft picks. Like McNair, he won't be expected to produce quick dividends, but unlike McNair he'll have to mature a little quicker relying on his brain more than his arm.

Comment

• Maurkice Pouncey = Andre Gurode

Comment

• Brian Price = Sed Ellis/Broderick Bunkley/More explosive Brandon Mebane
              Price is more of a penetrator than Bunk but has that similar great upper body strength in a squat package. I think it's safe to expect a more explosive Brandon Mebane.

Dan Williams = Pat Williams/Domata Peko
              He's a little more quick than Pat Williams is at this point but he has that type of massive wall power to his game. He might be a little bigger than Peko but their games are very similar.

Jared Odrick = Marcus Stroud
              I'm probably reaching on this, Stroud in his prime was dominant at a level I don't think Odrick is likely to ever reach but the potential is there. Both are very long and quick although Stroud's more powerful than Odrick, the hands are there to. I'm iffy on this one.

Lamarr Houston = less powerful Jay Ratliff
              Another pick I'm not sure fits since Ratliff is quite a bit more powerful than Houston is but athletically Houston shoots out just as quick as Ratliff and is already a pretty strong guy.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Im starting to feel Montario Hardestys running style is very similar to Ryan Grants.

Comment

• Lamarr Houston is Ziggy Hood 2.0.

Smaller, quicker guys. Energzer bunny's, with relentless motors. Great hand fighting and will simply wear down bigger OG's. Good range and both have the ability to play inside, or outside (3-4).

Last year Houston would have been a 1st rounder for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                    Lamarr Houston is Ziggy Hood 2.0.

Smaller, quicker guys. Energzer bunny's, with relentless motors. Great hand fighting and will simply wear down bigger OG's. Good range and both have the ability to play inside, or outside (3-4).

Last year Houston would have been a 1st rounder for sure.
                    Yeah, that's better than Ratliff. I like Houston a lot more as a penetrator than Hood though. He shoots out quicker and lower and does a better job moving sideways.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                      Im starting to feel Montario Hardestys running style is very similar to Ryan Grants.
                      Hardesty is nice.
                      so nice that he should be a second rounder.
                      I have him higher than Dwyer.

Jahvid Best = Leon Washington

Last edited by GoRavens; 03-24-2010, 05:49 AM.
                      GO RAVENS

Comment

• Just wanted to post this here to see if other people see what I'm seeing on this...

OT Vladimir Ducasse - Tarik Glenn

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          Maurkice Pouncey = Andre Gurode
                          Should I be expecting Pouncey to get stomped on by Suh?

Comment

• Baylor's Kendall Wright = Steve Smith (Carolina Panther)

Comment

• Someone on another Forum said this, and i was interested in the comparison so...

LaMichael James=Warrick Dunn

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffman57 View Post
                                Someone on another Forum said this, and i was interested in the comparison so...

LaMichael James=Warrick Dunn
                                LaMichael James = Jahvid Best

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information