Prospect Comparison Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Duffman57 View Post
    Someone on another Forum said this, and i was interested in the comparison so...

LaMichael James=Warrick Dunn
    I think Dunn was a lot tougher, better inside runner than James will be.

Comment

• If James is going to be compared to anyone during the predraft process it will be Darren Sproles.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        If James is going to be compared to anyone during the predraft process it will be Darren Sproles.
        No, no, no and no. I really wish people would stop comparing every small running back to Darren Sproles. First of all, Darren Sproles was well-known to be an absolute beast in the weight room at K-State. Secondly, he WAS K-State's offense. He was a power-runner, not a gimmicky juke-ya runner in a spread, where it seems like any half-competent back can average 5 yards a pop. Thirdly, LaMichael is a skinny 5'8", 5'9" 180-ish. He looks frail even in college, and he always looks like he's going to get his legs shredded when he goes pirouetting through the LOS. Darren Sproles is short, yeah, but he's built like a tank and he's a very decisive runner. Sprole's size means he can't truck whoever he wants, but I don't think LaMichael wants to truck anyone. They have totally different running styles, their builds are a lot different, and the offenses they played in are a lot different. Besides being "undersized," there's really not that much to compare between Sproles and James.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
          Baylor's Kendall Wright = Steve Smith (Carolina Panther)
          This is the comparison I would throw out. I kinda dislike comparing players at all, but Kendall Wright is eerily similar to Steve Smith. They're about the same size, and they're both guys who have a lot of speed and "play bigger" than their actual size. They're both tough, fast and have good hands. And they both have that suddenness to their play that's invaluable both when running with the ball and running routes trying to get open. Another thing I've mentioned in another thread is that both of these guys use their speed really aggressively; they're small, so you know they could take some big hits, but they hit even small creases really hard - those can end up being some huge plays, when you've got a receiver who's got both the speed and the balls to accelerate between a safety and a linebacker, and make it out the other side to where he's got open field in front of him, as opposed to juking around trying not to get hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
            No, no, no and no. I really wish people would stop comparing every small running back to Darren Sproles. First of all, Darren Sproles was well-known to be an absolute beast in the weight room at K-State. Secondly, he WAS K-State's offense. He was a power-runner, not a gimmicky juke-ya runner in a spread, where it seems like any half-competent back can average 5 yards a pop. Thirdly, LaMichael is a skinny 5'8", 5'9" 180-ish. He looks frail even in college, and he always looks like he's going to get his legs shredded when he goes pirouetting through the LOS. Darren Sproles is short, yeah, but he's built like a tank and he's a very decisive runner. Sprole's size means he can't truck whoever he wants, but I don't think LaMichael wants to truck anyone. They have totally different running styles, their builds are a lot different, and the offenses they played in are a lot different. Besides being "undersized," there's really not that much to compare between Sproles and James.

i know plenty about Sproles. I am not saying James is a Sproles clone or anything like that. I am saying though that he will draw Sproles comparisons b/c he is very short, very fast, and not that heavy either. He won't get Mo Drew comparisons b/c Mo Drew is a bull at over 210 lbs. and a power runner. Sproles is not a great between the tackles runner (though he has more power than James) and an electric receiver/returner. James is a little taller than Sproles thus a little skinnier, but point is he will draw comparisons b/c of similar size and speed and playmaking ability. James should provide a similar role in the NFL as well.

Comment

• I'm not seeing the Wright/Steve Smith comparison. Everyone says he's strong, but I don't know how anyone knows. I don't think he's ever faced press coverage in his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
                Baylor's Kendall Wright = Steve Smith (Carolina Panther)
                Kendall Wright = Randall Cobb

Comment

• Matt Barkley:Eli Manning

...Robert Woods: Jerry Rice ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Punisher View Post
                    Matt Barkley:Eli Manning

...Robert Woods: Jerry Rice ;)
                    I feel the same with that Barkley comparison.

Comment

Matt Barkley:Matt Hasselback

...Robert Woods: Marvin Harrison ;)
                      Fixed those for ya ;)

Comment

Matt Barkley:Eli Manning
                        He even looks like Eli.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by rawdawg View Post
                          I'm not seeing the Wright/Steve Smith comparison. Everyone says he's strong, but I don't know how anyone knows. I don't think he's ever faced press coverage in his life.
                          So few receivers do in college. One of the reasons projecting them can be such a pain. It makes it especially hard to get a read on a guy like Wright who has significant size limitations. I still like Wright a ton though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• David Wilson = Shane Vereen

Comment

• I know it's early but:

Isaiah Crowell = Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by norcalgsr View Post
                                I feel the same with that Barkley comparison.
                                If Eli were about 3 or 4 inches shorter with a weaker arm.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information