• Show
Clear All

Terrance Cody - Alan Branch, IMO.

Comment

Colt McCoy-Drew Brees/Jeff Garcia
      Dez Bryant-Brandon Marshall
      Jordan Shipley-Marvin Harrison

Comment

Jimmy Clausen - Matt Ryan with a better arm. Yes, I'm very high on him.

Vince Oghobaase - Richard Seymour/Kevin Williams. Expect either a big time riser or big time steal on draft day. Why he's not consistently viewed as a first round pick is beyond me. Better two gap DE than anyone in the draft, but built and blessed with a similar skillset to the prototypically sized, intelligent, athletic, versatile DTs that have dominated our league for the past 10 years. Look around the league with his measurables, athleticism, and track record (senior, good school, rising program, blue chip recruit, best player on his D) and you get guys like Seymour, Williams, and John Henderson.

Suh - Luis Castillo minus the injuries and with better size.

Damian Williams - Reggie Wayne but less physical than Wayne can be

Dez Bryant - Less physically talented Andre Johnson...maybe Braylon Edwards looks better, though I like Bryant and that might be perceived as a knock. Extremely high end WR prospect worthy of a high pick. Still has room to get bigger.

Colby Whitlock - Kelly Gregg

Arthur Jones - Luis Castillo but the potential to be more Ty Warren. Really good athlete like Castillo, but has the potential to put on more NFL-type weight and play more like Warren. Warren has always been a more stout, durable version of Castillo, who sacrifices those traits sometimes to be a better pass rusher.

Taylor Mays - Kerry Rhodes. I'd use a second round pick on a safety like Rhodes, so take that for what you want to take it as. Rhodes is a really good safety, but like alot of them he tends to make his plays in bunches. It tends to frustrate, but it gets ignored when its say...Ed Reed or Troy P, who usually seem to make their plays in bunches. No one remembers Reed didn't blow up in INTs until the second half of the season because it really doesn't matter. Doesn't mean they're bad in between.

Eric Berry - Darrelle Revis as a CB, Ed Reed as a S. Very high end DB. Rolle on the Cardinals is also similar, and probably closer than Reed.

Greg Hardy - Calvin Pace. Could be a really, really good OLB in a 3-4 similar to Pace. Good athlete with excellent size, intelligent, versatility, good pass rusher, plays the run, and likes to get dirty. As a 4-3 DE he reminds me more of Tuck. I think he's a solid player right now and he's probably got upside in him considering the injuries. Not playing healthy right now.

Jerrell Powe - Vince Wilfork. Similar build and playing style. Underrated as a prospect now it seems, but it makes an impact if he joins Hardy and Lewis in the draft. Could be the second best true 3-4 NT prospect in the draft, and might even give Cody a run for one.

Golden Tate - Lee Evans. Maybe more Chansi Stuckey.

Sergio Kindle - Can be DeMarcus Ware if he were stronger, but might be a bigger version of Will Witherspoon. Witherspoon is nasty and versatile.

Brandon Graham - Bigger Woodley.

Marhsawn Gilyard - Chad Johnson. Perhaps an older, not as fast version of Maclin.

Mike Williams -Jerricho Cotchery, or Massaquio if you want a newer name.

Keiland Williams - Michael Turner without the college numbers. Then again, I do wonder why he's not getting carried. Extremely talented, and will be a day 2 steal.

DeMaryius Thomas - TO type talent, but depends on how polished he shows he is.

Danario Alexander - Plaxico Burress

Comment

Jordan Shipley = Reggie Wayne.

Comment

Golden Tate-- A slower Lee Evans

Jimmy Clausen--Carson Palmer

Naaman Roosevelt-- Steve Johnson (wr Buffalo Bills)

Comment

Ndamukong Suh= Richard Seymour
              Jimmy Clausen= Eli Manning
              Eric Berry= Ed Reed
              Taylor Mays=Laron Landry/Troy Palamalu
              Gerald McCoy=Tommie Harris
              Russell Okung=D'Brickashawk Ferguson
              Dez Bryant=Chad Ochocinco
              CJ Spiller=Chris Johnson
              Jake Locker=Donovan McNabb

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I don't get the Golden Tate/Lee Evans comparisons. I don't think Golden Tate will ever be the vertical threat Lee Evans is. In fact, Tate's biggest asset is going to be as a YAC guy which Lee Evans has never really been.

Comment

some of my thoughts as of now. will change of course as season finishes and combine/pro days give us more of a feel for these guys.

qb
                  bradford - matt leinart
                  clausen - kerry collins
                  locker - david garrard
                  mccoy - jake plummer
                  pike - derek anderson

rb
                  spiller - felix jones
                  best - michael bennett
                  devine - darren sproles
                  dwyer - beanie wells

ill do more later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                    some of my thoughts as of now. will change of course as season finishes and combine/pro days give us more of a feel for these guys.

qb
                    bradford - matt leinart
                    clausen - kerry collins
                    locker - david garrard
                    mccoy - jake plummer
                    pike - derek anderson

rb
                    spiller - felix jones
                    best - michael bennett
                    devine - darren sproles
                    dwyer - beanie wells

ill do more later.
                    Garrard is a bad comparison for Locker and Collins for Clausen is just as bad.

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                    too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

Sam Bradford- Phillip Rivers
                      Jimmy Clausen- Eli Manning
                      Jake Locker- Ben Roethlisberger
                      Tony Pike- Derek Anderson
                      Colt McCoy- Colt Brennan
                      Ryan Mallett- Joe Flacco
                      Tim Tebow- Couldn't really think of a good comparison because he's so unique but he'll maybe have a Seneca Wallace type career.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        I don't get the Golden Tate/Lee Evans comparisons. I don't think Golden Tate will ever be the vertical threat Lee Evans is. In fact, Tate's biggest asset is going to be as a YAC guy which Lee Evans has never really been.
                        Similar size, similar styles, similar ability to separate, you underrate Tate's ability go deep, and then you underrate how stout Evans is as a WR.

I think their games are very similar...only thing is that Evans is probably faster.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                          Similar size, similar speed, similar ability to separate, you underrate Tate's ability go deep, and then you underrate how stout Evans is as a WR.

I think their games are very similar...
                          I don't think Tate has anything close the speed Lee Evans has

Comment

I don't think Tate has anything close the speed Lee Evans has
                            Meh...really not much of an issue. They're not exactly worlds apart there either.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                              Meh...really not much of an issue. They're not exactly worlds apart there either.
                              Yeah. I just think Tate will be used as more of a YAC guy where Lee Evans has been fairly limited to a fly route WR in Buffalo. Tate reminds me of a different Buffalo WR in Josh Reed. He's going to be a guy who's most valuable in moving the chains in the NFL.

Comment

Yeah. I just think Tate will be used as more of a YAC guy where Lee Evans has been fairly limited to a fly route WR in Buffalo. Tate reminds me of a different Buffalo WR in Josh Reed. He's going to be a guy who's most valuable in moving the chains in the NFL.
                                Evans does much more than that for Buffalo. He just happens to be excellent at the deep ball too.

Also, Tate does alot of going deep for ND.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information