shane skov= lawrence timmons

manti teo= lance briggs

star lotuelei= marcel dareus

michael buchannan= paul kruger

tavon austin= percy harvin

marcus davis = marques colston

corey lemonier = ahmad brooks

chris harper = hines ward

terrance williams = mike williams (bucs)

andre ellington = chris johnson (titans)

Stedman bailey = lee evans

geno smith = jason campbell

matt barkley = rex grossman

justin hunter = brandon Llyod

cordarrelle patterson = carl pickens

Comment

• Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
      I don't think people realize who big physically Eddie George and Brandon Marshall are as RBs.
      Both over 6'2, both weigh(ed) more than 235#.

Zach Line body wise looks more like Toby Gerhart IMO.
      Zach Line is right up there in terms of physical measurables with Eddie George - he is listed at 6'1 230.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
        Zach Line is a pretty interesting player. I think he should be a 4th/5th rounder - he has had 3 1000 yd rushing seasons. I remember alot of Robert Turbin hype last year and I think Line is better than him. Should be interesting to see how Line measures up at the combine and senior bowl.
        I half-wanted to combine it with a Matt Forte comparison based on some other aspects of his game, but physically, he looks a lot like Eddie George when he's running. He surprised me with how sudden and fluid he is for a big back, and he does exactly what you want a big back to do - he breaks a ton of tackles and doesn't hesitate to lower his shoulders and plow through trash. I also think he looks really good catching screen passes. He's definitely an intriguing prospect to me, and definitely someone I'll be keeping an eye on throughout the process. Shades of LeGarrett Blount, too. The Toby Gerhart comparison is going to be the obvious one for some people to make, but without saying which one is "better," part of me suspects Zach Line might have a leg up on him as a pure athlete.
        Last edited by Caulibflower; 11-16-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
          I don't think people realize who big physically Eddie George and Brandon Marshall are as RBs.
          Both over 6'2, both weigh(ed) more than 235#.

Zach Line body wise looks more like Toby Gerhart IMO.

I'm just... confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by JHL6719 View Post
            Denard Robinson = Josh Cribbs
            Denard Robinson = Armanti Edwards

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
              Zach Line is a pretty interesting player. I think he should be a 4th/5th rounder - he has had 3 1000 yd rushing seasons. I remember alot of Robert Turbin hype last year and I think Line is better than him. Should be interesting to see how Line measures up at the combine and senior bowl.
              Line has great hands and can pass protect, but he's not runner Turbin is.

Gerhart is the best comp. But I think Line is a bit shiftier, whereas Gerhart is more of a downhill, straightline type.

Comment

• Originally posted by norcalgsr View Post
                Line has great hands and can pass protect, but he's not runner Turbin is.

Gerhart is the best comp. But I think Line is a bit shiftier, whereas Gerhart is more of a downhill, straightline type.
                NO HE ISN'T.

Maybe look at, you know, the way he plays?

Comment

• Originally posted by Caulibflower View Post
                  I'm just... confused.
                  I think he meant Brandon Jacobs.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                  Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                    I think he meant Brandon Jacobs.
                    Ah. Well, that makes more sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caulibflower View Post
                      NO HE ISN'T.

Maybe look at, you know, the way he plays?
                      The way he plays? Nah. It's much easier to do this...

Logan Thomas = Jason Campbell
                      Zach Line = Toby Gerhart

Comment

So I don't just come off as a ****-stirrer, I'm going to explain.

Line looks a lot shiftier to me. Comparing him to Gerhart seems like nothing over and above just looking at their profiles. And I feel like I should explain this because I'm not taking you to simply be saying "white RB = white RB," because obviously they look kind of physically similar; they do have similar builds. But it's like comparing AJ Green to Randy Moss. Both great players, physically similar... but they do not play the same way.

I mean, you say it yourself - "Line is a bit shiftier, while Gerhart is more of a downhill, strightline type." That's a huuuuuuge difference. While both of them are tough runners, Line is much more explosive - he moves his feet much more quickly, he changes direction more quickly, and while he breaks a lot of tackles, he also makes more defenders straight-up miss than Gerhart ever has. He also looks much more comfortable catching passes. That's no insult to Gerhart - what Gerhart has going is his ability to absorb hits. More than anything, that's what I always noticed about him. Not just his ability to break tackles, or outrun anyone, but literally to just take a hit and keep going. You watch his college tape, and over and over again you see Gerhart get trucked, gain his balance with one or two steps and charge forward again. Line runs a lot less like a renegade bumper car. That's why I wanted to throw out the Forte comparison, too - Forte's a bigger back himself, but he, like I want to say with Line, has an ability to move really subtly; they have a gliding element to their game that Gerhart just doesn't have. All big running backs are going to have some things in common, you've just got to reach a little deeper than how alike they'd look as a fathead.

Comment

• Jerome Bettis, when he was skinny-ish.

Comment

• I can see some Forte with his footwork and shiftiness, but Line is a 4.55-4.6 guy. Forte is 4.44.

David Fluellen (Toledo) resembles Matt Forte more than Zach Line does.

Comment

• They both are similar runners in college.

Comment

I can see some Forte with his footwork and shiftiness, but Line is a 4.55-4.6 guy. Forte is 4.44.

David Fluellen (Toledo) resembles Matt Forte more than Zach Line does.
                                This could well be true, but I feel like I ought to point out that no one really thought of Forte as a blazer before the draft, and he's definitely one of those guys whose 40 time made teams feel a lot better about him as a prospect. You never really know what a guy will run until he runs at the combine.

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                                Jerome Bettis, when he was skinny-ish.
                                For what it's worth, I'll just throw it out there that this crossed my mind, too. But you don't want to compare a prospect with too many all-time great running backs. ;-)

Also, there's really no one who really "runs like Jerome Bettis." Bettis is one of the most unique players the NFL has ever seen. But he does have really quick feet for how big he is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information