Stedman Bailey = Lance Moore/Ryan Broyles/Antonio Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by norcalgsr View Post
      Marcus Davis = Jonathan Baldwin

Chris Harper = Marcel Reece

Stedman Bailey = Lance Moore/Ryan Broyles/Antonio Brown
      I could definitely see the similarities in a lot of those, however:

with marcus davis-

I think baldwin was stiffer in the hips and struggled to changed directions more than Davis will at the next level. Im skeptical that davis will ever become a colston like player but watching colston for years i think that he has that potential because of how he adjusts to balls in the air, his adeptness at double moves, and his YAC and big play flair. With the right QB i think that he'll have more potential than the saint's pick last year nick toon or browns receiver Greg Little.

with chris harper--

Harper is more of a true wide receiver than reece was at washington who was more of a seam route deep threat IMO. He runs better underneath routes like outs and comebacks that i rarely observed from reece at washington or in oakland. And he's built more like anquan boldin than a full back like reece.

bailey--

I can tell you now that bailey is faster than lance moore who relies on exploitation of underneath zones and spectacular hands than pure down field ability to beat defenses deep.

Ryan Broyles was/is more of an inside slot guy than pure split end.

Antonio brown is another very apt comparison. I can definitely see that one as dead on though.
      Last edited by nofalcons10; 11-17-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Will Sutton --- Eric Foster (colts)

Demontre moore----- Sam Acho (cardinals)

Bjoern Werner------ Ryan Kerrigan (redskins)

Jarvis Jones------- shea mclellin (bears)

Comment

• Originally posted by nofalcons10 View Post
          I could definitely see the similarities in a lot of those, however:

with marcus davis-

I think baldwin was stiffer in the hips and struggled to changed directions more than Davis will at the next level. Im skeptical that davis will ever become a colston like player but watching colston for years i think that he has that potential because of how he adjusts to balls in the air, his adeptness at double moves, and his YAC and big play flair. With the right QB i think that he'll have more potential than the saint's pick last year nick toon or browns receiver Greg Little.

with chris harper--

Harper is more of a true wide receiver than reece was at washington who was more of a seam route deep threat IMO. He runs better underneath routes like outs and comebacks that i rarely observed from reece at washington or in oakland. And he's built more like anquan boldin than a full back like reece.

bailey--

I can tell you now that bailey is faster than lance moore who relies on exploitation of underneath zones and spectacular hands than pure down field ability to beat defenses deep.

Ryan Broyles was/is more of an inside slot guy than pure split end.

Antonio brown is another very apt comparison. I can definitely see that one as dead on though.
          I haven't seen consistent ball skills from Davis like Colston.

I like the Boldin comp. I used Reece because they're similar in size and speed. Harper could probably succeed at RB as Reece has.

I compare Bailey to Moore because of his slipperyness and fluidness running routes. Same with Broyles. Bailey definitely a better downfield threat than Broyles. Those two would be the low-end comp with Antonio Brown being his ceiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caulibflower
            Tavon Austin - Percy Harvin
            Bump, bump, bump. Yes? I'd say randomly going off for 300 rushing yards in a huge game makes this about an easy a prospect comparison as there is to make this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcn92
              Not original but watching Christian Hackenburg in the first half I couldn't help but think about the comparison between him and Tom Brady. Both 6'4 and play a similar style of football.
              Hackenberg has a much better arm as an 18-year old than Tom Brady has ever had. Just more naturally talented. I see him more like Matt Stafford, with better mechanics and a chance to be much better.
              Last edited by norcalgsr; 10-18-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by norcalgsr View Post
                Hackenberg has a much better arm as an 18-year old than Tom Brady has ever hard. Just more naturally talented. I see him more like Matt Stafford, with better mechanics and a chance to be much better.
                Hackenberg has the perfect coach there to mentor him in Bill Obrien. Early candidate for top pick for 2016.

On a sidenote I don't see anything wrong with Stafford or his mechanics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  Hackenberg has the perfect coach there to mentor him in Bill Obrien. Early candidate for top pick for 2016.

On a sidenote I don't see anything wrong with Stafford or his mechanics.
                  Stafford gets really sloppy with his footwork, and tries way too many weird arm angles.

Comment

• Hackenberg reminds me of Andrew Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                      Hackenberg reminds me of Andrew Luck.
                      Brady now Luck. Some big hype to live up to. He's in a perfect situation there to really make a name for himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                        Hackenberg reminds me of Andrew Luck.
                        Manning <---Luck <---Hackenberg.....Hmmm something doesn't sit well with me.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                        Newton
                        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                        Barely literate +5 swagger
                        Thief +15 swagger
                        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                        Big, average speed -3 swagger
                        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                        Total Swagger: 62
                        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          Brady now Luck. Some big hype to live up to. He's in a perfect situation there to really make a name for himself.
                          I don't see Luck. He has a much better arm than Luck anyway. He doesn't really see the whole field well right now, forcing the ball to Robinson a lot and not using his TEs.

In terms of actual quarterback play, he reminds me of Stafford and Cutler right now with an equal arm, but much more refined mechanics.

Comment

• Kelvin Benjamin = Calvin Johnson

Newton
                            Thief +15 swagger

Comment

• Lamarcus Joyner = Tyrann Mathieu - pot

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Lamarcus Joyner = Bob Sanders(Instincts)/Antoine Winfield(Toughness)

Newton
                                Thief +15 swagger

Comment

Working...
                                X