Prospect Comparison Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by norcalgsr View Post
    I don't see Luck. He has a much better arm than Luck anyway. He doesn't really see the whole field well right now, forcing the ball to Robinson a lot and not using his TEs.

In terms of actual quarterback play, he reminds me of Stafford and Cutler right now with an equal arm, but much more refined mechanics.
    He sees the field fine, just has been late on some of his throws and has held onto the ball too long. And he didn't use his TEs early on because the #3 TE blew an ACL and the #1 TE had a dislocated elbow in the first game. The TE has been much more involved the past couple weeks now that Kyle Carter is healthy again.
    Last edited by underscore; 10-21-2013, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• Isaiah Lewis (safety Michigan St.) = Myron Bell

Comment

• Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
        Kelvin Benjamin = Calvin Johnson

That Calvin Johnson image reminds me of the catch Benjamin made against Clemson on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcn92 View Post
          That Calvin Johnson image reminds me of the catch Benjamin made against Clemson on Saturday.

That image reminds me a lot of Jonathan Baldwin!

Comment

• Serious question: Are these comparisons what you think the ceiling is for these players, or are you just posting what you want them to be?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by twiz View Post
                Serious question: Are these comparisons what you think the ceiling is for these players, or are you just posting what you want them to be?
                Kelvin Benjamin = Calvin Johnson is my comparison. I post all photos for my comparisons, I don't know what everyone else is doing but it's killing the thread.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                Newton
                South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                Barely literate +5 swagger
                Thief +15 swagger
                Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                Big, average speed -3 swagger
                Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                Total Swagger: 62
                ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

• So, Hackenberg is Luck and Benjamin is Megatron? I think that Lache Seastruck is Adrian Peterson. Am I doing it right?

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                    So, Hackenberg is Luck and Benjamin is Megatron? I think that Lache Seastruck is Adrian Peterson. Am I doing it right?
                    Probably better to add a disclaimer that says, at a similar stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caulibflower
                      Andre Williams - Earl Campbell
                      Yowza. How bout Cedric Benson.
                      I want a sig.

Comment

• Chris Borland - Lofa Tatupu

Comment

• Watching more OF Lee's tape from 2012...

This guy....

kind of reminds me of this guy....

Comment

• I remember looking at Isaac Bruce's stats once and being totally confused about how he didn't make the Pro Bowl in his second season:

119 catches, 1781 receiving yards, 13 TDs.

And he was St. Louis' only consistently dangerous offensive player. They didn't have another player with even 500 receiving yards that year, and he had Chris Miller and Mark Rypien throwing to him. Gotta be one of the most underrated great individual years of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caulibflower View Post
                              I remember looking at Isaac Bruce's stats once and being totally confused about how he didn't make the Pro Bowl in his second season:

119 catches, 1781 receiving yards, 13 TDs.

And he was St. Louis' only consistently dangerous offensive player. They didn't have another player with even 500 receiving yards that year, and he had Chris Miller and Mark Rypien throwing to him. Gotta be one of the most underrated great individual years of all time.
                              You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Caulibflower again.
                              Yeah his career was pretty underrated. 15 catches 210 yards against Miami the last game of the 1995 season, mid-way through the 4th Quarter he took himself out of the game. It was Don Shula's last game as Miami's coach. Game was out of reach and he didn't think it was fair for him to try and break a record with guys who clearly weren't competing on the other side.

Comment

• Some I've been chewing on for awhile. Comps are inexact/imperfect, a lot of these have more to do with playing style or measurables than career forecasting.

Teddy Bridgewater - Ceiling: Tom Brady w/functional athleticism; Floor: 2011-Present Alex Smith
                                David Fales - Ceiling: Drew Brees; Floor: Matt Flynn

Sammy Watkins - developed Torrey Smith
                                Mike Evans - Vincent Jackson
                                Donte Moncrief - Julio Jones

Seantrel Henderson - Bryant McKinnie (although he probably won't even reach McKinnie at his peak)
                                Morgan Moses - Marcus McNeil

Dee Ford - Brandon Graham
                                Khalil Mack - Ahmad Brooks
                                Ryan Shazier - Sean Taylor playing WLB

Dom Easley - Jay Ratliff
                                Louis Nix - Vince Wilfork

Sig by TACKLE

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman
                                Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information