No announcement yet.

Prospect Comparison Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not only the physical part, it's the play style. Regardless or timed speed, Hines has always been a possession receiver. He's never, ever been a deep threat in the Pitt offense. They've always been very careful about paring him with one. Tate is not a possession guy at all. I wouldn't call him a burner either, but he's somewhere in the middle.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Okay. I just don't see Tate running by people at the NFL level. I think he'll go through them, around them, over them and be a spark plug, like Hines.

Originally posted by borg9
      Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Brandon Graham-Woodley is the obvious one as a 3-4 OLB. As a 4-3 DE the comparison I've always liked is Trent Cole.

Originally posted by Jakey
        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

I have a question for when you guys compare Jake Locker to a faster Steve Young. Is this Steve Young the 1998 49ers version or the 1984 USFL version? Because back then Steve Young had WR speed.

www.blackmetalink.com
          VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND

Comment

Jerry Hughes=Osi Umenyiora

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude Abides View Post
              I have a question for when you guys compare Jake Locker to a faster Steve Young. Is this Steve Young the 1998 49ers version or the 1984 USFL version? Because back then Steve Young had WR speed.
              I think both guys at the same age had about the same quickness out of the pocket. Locker would probably be a half a tick faster in a 40.

Comment

Does anyone think a good comparison for Adrian Clayborn is Charles Grant?

Comment

Mark Ingram reminds me of Ray Rice

Comment

The Jake Locker - Steve Young comparisons boggle my mind.

That's basically saying that Jake Locker is like one of the NFL's all-time QB's (Hall of Fame), except he's bigger, faster, and stronger. How about his abilities as a quarterback instead of his physical attributes? Steve Young was one of the more accurate passers in NFL history.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                      The Jake Locker - Steve Young comparisons boggle my mind.

That's basically saying that Jake Locker is like one of the NFL's all-time QB's (Hall of Fame), except he's bigger, faster, and stronger. How about his abilities as a quarterback instead of his physical attributes? Steve Young was one of the more accurate passers in NFL history.
                      I would probably not use that one for Jake but i think most people compare guys to other guys at a similar stage.

Comment

Jake Locker-VY maybe?

I rarely get to see either one but I dont think its completly off..or is it.
                        I want a sig.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
                          Jake Locker-VY maybe?

Dont see it, Jake has a great arm, can go through several progressions, VY sort of pushes the ball and targeted one or two guys when he was at UT. Vince is the better runner.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
                            Jake Locker-VY maybe?

Jake Locker's mechanics may not be perfect but they are still much better than VY's, plus I like Locker's arm and speed more than Young's, but Young is a better pure runner.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Mark Ingram kind of reminds me of a young Jamal Lewis.

Comment

Ok.

How about Toby Gerhart-Matt Forte?

[edit] Maybe Cedric Benson, Cincy version.
                                Last edited by HeavyLeggedWaistBender; 11-15-2009, 06:36 PM.
                                I want a sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information