No announcement yet.

Prospect Comparison Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your QB comparisons are horriable. and you didnt even mention clausen.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      Mardy Gilyard - Mario Manningham does that work? I thik there are simarities.
      id agree, probably a better route runner, but less of a vertical threat.

Joe Haden-Nathan Vasher?

Comment

MArdy Gilyard reminds me of Devone Bess

Comment

Gilyard = Steve Breaston, works as a slot WR but won't be limited to it

Comment

Does anybody see a little Chris Johnson in C.J. Spiller? Does anybody think he could be a similar type of runner in the NFL and have a lot of people asking themselves how they overlooked his apparent talent. There are definetly a lot of mixed reviews on Spiller.

Comment

Mardy Gilyard = Santonio Holmes

Similars size, both very shifty and dangerous in the open field and both run very precise, crisp routes getting in and out of their breaks quickly. Both have good hands and can make the great catch, but will occasionally look to run before the catch and drop an easy one.
              Last edited by Day One Pick; 12-06-2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
                Does anybody see a little Chris Johnson in C.J. Spiller? Does anybody think he could be a similar type of runner in the NFL and have a lot of people asking themselves how they overlooked his apparent talent. There are definetly a lot of mixed reviews on Spiller.
                No. Chris Johnson is a great running back. C.J. Spiller will never be a great running back. He'll be a great all-purpose player, but when it comes to running the ball, he'd be a 3rd round pick. Their speed is similar, but Spiller still really isn't a guy who can be an every-down back. Think a better Leon Washington, Reggie Bush type player.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Jordan Shipley - Santonio Holmes

Mardy Gilyard - DeSean Jackson

Riley Cooper - Ernest Wilford
                  Last edited by ToldLikeItIs; 12-06-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                    No. Chris Johnson is a great running back. C.J. Spiller will never be a great running back. He'll be a great all-purpose player, but when it comes to running the ball, he'd be a 3rd round pick. Their speed is similar, but Spiller still really isn't a guy who can be an every-down back. Think a better Leon Washington, Reggie Bush type player.
                    That very well could be the case. But many said the same thing about Chris Johnson. I see a lot of similarities, Johnson is faster though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post

I also like the DeSean Jackson comparison. I'm sort of between Jackson and Holmes for Gilyard. Gilyard is closer to Holmes' size and strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post

DeSean Jackson is a 4.3 guy. Gilyard's timed speed will be one of his knocks. I don't think so.

The other 2 are pretty good though. I especially like the Shipley/Holmes one.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
                          Mardy Gilyard = Santonio Holmes

Similars size, both very shifty and dangerous in the open field and both run very precise, crisp routes getting in and out of their breaks quickly. Both have good hands and can make the great catch, but will occasionally look to run before the catch and drop an easy one.
                          Ouch. A little disrespectful of Santonio. Maby a poor man's Santonio.

Originally posted by ClayMiller4 View Post
                          This may be baseless, but does Mark Ingram remind anyone else of Frank Gore? Similar builds with short height yet stocky and strong girth, and similar styles of play as both can use size to barrel through defenders while also using vision and quickness to gain yards. Is this accurate?
                          Ingram reminds me of Maroney before the injuries.

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post

Spiller = Marshall Faulk

Remember.. he's playing hurt-turf toe

Originally posted by Thread Killer View Post
                          Jake Locker = Steve McNair
                          On my limited look ins on Locker he's beginning to remind me of fellow alum Marc Brunell with greater straight-line speed.
                          Last edited by Brown Leader; 12-06-2009, 11:17 AM.

Originally posted by borg9
                          Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• Ndydg Suh - Kevin Williams (Vikings)
                            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                              Ndydg Suh - Kevin Williams (Vikings)
                              Ndamukong Suh is how is spelt

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                                id agree, probably a better route runner, but less of a vertical threat.

Joe Haden-Nathan Vasher?
                                Don't insult Joe Haden like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information