QB Andrew Luck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Andrew Luck

Wow. This kid is good. Seems like he has all the raw tools to be a 1st rounder. Size at 6'4 235lbs and a very good arm. He's shown he can squeeze the ball into small windows and he's got scary good accuracy for a freshman QB. Everyone talks about how good Barkley is at USC, but I think Luck is the better prospect.

WAY too early to be talking about this kid's draft potential

Comment

I dont think he's on Barkley's level yet but he's going to be a good one, Gabbert would be somewhere in that Freshmen discussion i would think.

Comment

He's good for his age but not in the same tier as Barkley.

Comment

I guess Luck's better play in the last game, and on the season is due to the caliber of teammate he has at Stanford. I feel sorry for Barkley, USC try putting some talent around him.

Put Barkley in the same conference as Luck, and this wouldn't be a discussion.
          Last edited by Saints-Tigers; 11-14-2009, 07:12 PM.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
            I guess Luck's better play in the last game, and on the season is due to the caliber of teammate he has at Stanford. I feel sorry for Barkley, USC try putting some talent around him.

Translated we shouldnt be having a discussion?

Comment

I definitely agree. After watching him against Oregon, I was very impressed with his accuracy. I think he is going to become a good prospect down the line if he can improve his decision making and defense reading ability. His accuracy is uncanny for a freshman.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

Ummm. They both play in the Pac 10. Last I checked that IS the same conference

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  I thought it was just me, i've had so many beers since the Huskies got their clocks cleaned i wasnt sure what i was reading.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    Sure, but USC has to play like Cal, and Oregon and UCLA and stuff. Not like Stanford ever has to face them.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

LOL, and I really believe that Stanford has more talent than USC.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet. Point is, Luck plays for a less talented team, in the same conference, and his numbers look a lot more impressive, and he's probably more physically talented.

Not that barkley has been bad, but "he's not on Barkley's tier" is ridiculous, and backed by nothing but high school recruiting rankings.

But he is a redshirt and not a true freshman, that's the argument I see now.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Andrew Luck was no slouch in High School. Rivals had him rated as the #68 overall player in the country.

Comment

Luck looks like he's tracking towards the first round in 2013. I think the comparison to Barkley is a fair, valid and natural one, except that Luck has been in the Stanford program a year longer than Barkley has been at USC, however this is the first year starting for both.

People may have to accept the fact that Barkley may never be quite as good as advertised as a college QB.
                          What I do know is that after watching that game, if I had to pick either QB to build my college program around, I'd choose Luck over Barkley

Comment

He was a BEAST tonight. I like what I saw.

Comment

I really like Luck. Good size, good arm, and what accuracy! It's waaay early, but he looks like he'll be a great prospect.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information