Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech

Hey guys just want to ask what you think of him? Dude is no joke big! Looks like he can run... Has big hands. He's raw. Do you guys think he comes out this year? Don't think it would help him to stay because of the O they run at Tech.

Either both he and Dwyer stay or both go. I think if they win out they will definitely leave, but if they say lose in the ACC championship or get crushed in a BCS bowl game I can see both staying to go for a title run next year. You are right to say he won't benefit from staying. Really I can't see him matching his output from this season. His production is astonishing considering he only gets 2-5 targets a game. Based on raw tools purely I'd take him in the top 20 picks. Guys with his size and athletic ability just don't come around often. He's probably the #1 jump ball guy in America. If you throw it anywhere within 10 yards of him he will come down with it. Guys his size usually aren't vertical threats. The problem though is there is no basis on his route running. He runs one route. Still though the fact that he's so big, can run, has strong hands, and is the best blocking WR in the draft is enough for me to overlook the issues of him playing in the spread option offense. I just see his skills translating to the NFL. I think he is much likelier to end up an impact NFL player than Dwyer.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

There are a few issues with Thomas. One, he's not expected to have strong timed speed. I'm reading he's no faster than a 4.6 guy. He looks a lot faster on TV but that's because with 8 men up in the box to stop the option he's usually a good 15 yards down field before the defense knows it's a pass. Also with the 8 men up in the box, he's very rarely covered in man to man as a lot of defenses play a zone defense with their deep men against Tech. People are going to have serious questions about his ability to gain separation and his ability to make catches in traffic.

Comment

He's a long strider though. Vertical speed I think is a non issue. I think his biggest test will be how he performs in agility tests and how he looks running routes. The success of someone like Vincent Jackson though I think definitely makes him an in demand commodity. You can draft a 5-10" dynamo in the mid rounds, but someone with his size and ability is just not common to every draft. I'm jmuch higher on him than most people, and yes I do recognize the issues surrounding him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          He's a long strider though. Vertical speed I think is a non issue. I think his biggest test will be how he performs in agility tests and how he looks running routes. The success of someone like Vincent Jackson though I think definitely makes him an in demand commodity. You can draft a 5-10" dynamo in the mid rounds, but someone with his size and ability is just not common to every draft. I'm jmuch higher on him than most people, and yes I do recognize the issues surrounding him.
          I like him a lot too mainly because a value downfield blocking at WR more than most people do.

Comment

From what I've seen he's pretty darn good. He's actually my favorite WR prospect, as I think he'd be a complete monster in a different offense. He just makes plays. If you've seen him play, you see time and time again that he goes up and snatches the football. Great hands. Big body. He seems fast enough to me.

Brandon Marshall doesn't have great timed speed either....

I think he'll go in round one.

Comment

demaryius is a stud. hell get drafted ahead of dwyer and he should. he may not be the fastest wr but he makes plays. he knows how to go up and get the ball and hes very difficult to defend. late first or early second would be my guess and deservingly.

Comment

Because he only runs one route at GT..... I wanna see if he can make a cut before I decide where he should go.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  There are a few issues with Thomas. One, he's not expected to have strong timed speed. I'm reading he's no faster than a 4.6 guy. He looks a lot faster on TV but that's because with 8 men up in the box to stop the option he's usually a good 15 yards down field before the defense knows it's a pass. Also with the 8 men up in the box, he's very rarely covered in man to man as a lot of defenses play a zone defense with their deep men against Tech. People are going to have serious questions about his ability to gain separation and his ability to make catches in traffic.
                  Did you see his TD grab last weekend? He put distance on Duke's corner both on the route and then after the catch as well, and that guys is supposed to have 4.45 speed. There is no way Thomas only runs a 4.6.

Comment

He is a boss, he leads the ACC in recieving yards by 200 ..in an OPTION OFFENSE. very physical and bigger wideouts seem to benefit in the NFL ala
                    Marshall, Vincent, Boldin..who i think resembles him the most
                    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                    Coples is that dude.
                    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

I think he's a top 2 rounder but I agree that I think he'll make an impact in the NFL. He'll probably hinge alot on workouts and what not, as his 40 time and how he looks in drills will probably do alot for him. If he runs a sub 4.5 he'll shoot up.

Comment

Maybe it's already been asked or answer, but I've always wondered(well, always as in since the beginning of this season); why does his jersey read 'B. Thomas'?

You can see it here:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1TM...eature=related

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                          Did you see his TD grab last weekend? He put distance on Duke's corner both on the route and then after the catch as well, and that guys is supposed to have 4.45 speed. There is no way Thomas only runs a 4.6.
                          Well, he very well could, but that means less than nothing. Quickness and ability to separate are the two things that can make a good WR. You add in his physical ability (Leaping ability, ball skills, ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls (and he's seen plenty of that), bodying and positioning, size, strength, length, ect), which are little things that give him that edge to get open... even when he's covered. Now, if he can't change directions and he's slow, then he's James Hardy.

At the end of the day, the guy is a specimen that runs fast in pads. All he has to do is show a good ability to change directions. Everyone knows he doesn't run more than 3 routes and he's incredibly raw, but the way he plays the game is something that is and should be coveted amongst WRs.

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                          Maybe it's already been asked or answer, but I've always wondered(well, always as in since the beginning of this season); why does his jersey read 'B. Thomas'?

You can see it here:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1TM...eature=related
                          Nickname is Bebe (Don't know the spelling) or something like that.
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                          Originally posted by GoRavens
                          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                            Classic case of timed speed and game speed. It's not like they don't know it's going to Thomas when they decide to pass. He's caught 39/58 completions this year. I saw someone make the same point in the Chris Johnson thread about big plays. You can't discount them and look at his stats without them if they are coming every week. My guess is he runs around 4.5. Some team will take the chance on him in the early second. Make him into a little project and most likely put him behind some vets.

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                              From what I've seen he's pretty darn good. He's actually my favorite WR prospect, as I think he'd be a complete monster in a different offense. He just makes plays. If you've seen him play, you see time and time again that he goes up and snatches the football. Great hands. Big body. He seems fast enough to me.

Brandon Marshall doesn't have great timed speed either....

I think he'll go in round one.
                              And then drops the ball. Thomas' size/strength and ability to locate the ball are amazing but his hands are not good. I really like Thomas because I think he could be a bigger TO if he develops the things that he doesn't do in GTs offense but his hands need to get a lot better before I would take him in the first round.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information