Browns QB-Locker VS Clausen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns QB-Locker VS Clausen

If the Brown take a QB in the first round, do you feel that they will go with locker or clausen, or perhaps someone else

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

I feel that they should take Locker because as good as he is, he needs one year to learn the system so he isnt forced into an awful situation. Clausen, imo, is the most nfl ready QB and would start right away but he would have 0 targets to throw to.
    Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

quinn has started... what, 6 games in his career, and u already want to end his stay in cleveland?

i understand hes sucked... but hes got no running game. and his best WR is Massoquio (SP?)

Comment

First order of business should find a good replacement for mangina.

I'd probably go with clausen because the browns don't have the luxury of being able to have an experiment or project on their hands.

Comment

No QB.

Give Quinn one year while boosting the offensive supporting cast in this year's draft.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

The Browns definitely need a QB. It is blatantly obvious that Quinn doesn't have it. He isn't even accurate.

However, I don't like either of the QB's. Bad situation.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
            <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
            <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
            <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

I think it really depends on who's the head coach.

Comment

They should focus on fixing the rest of the team before taking a QB. This class is somewhat weak and the 2011 crop should be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                  I think it really depends on who's the head coach.
                  This.

If it is still Mangina, then I think the team has to go with quarterback, my guess would be Clausen.

He's the closest thing to a franchise quarterback in this class while Locker will need more time to develop mentally for the next level.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

The argument comes down to this:

Raw with More Upside = Locker

Polished with Less Upside = Clausen
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Do you agree that Quinn is a bust?

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                      <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                      <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                      <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

I think after 3 full seasons you can clarify someone as a bust. He has only like 8 starts under his belt and I don't blame for being nervous while playing because at anytime, magini could have yanked him and once again destroyed his confidence.
                        Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                          The Browns definitely need a QB. It is blatantly obvious that Quinn doesn't have it. He isn't even accurate.

However, I don't like either of the QB's. Bad situation.
                          Exactly.

I don't think you can count on any young QB coming in and having success in an environment without much support and in a losing atmosphere.

You bring in winners and offensive support, maybe some pass rushers on defense, and then bring in the top guy in 2011.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Wouldnt wish my worst enemy on the Browns nevermind Clausen or Locker.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                              Do you agree that Quinn is a bust?
                              Nope, I still think he will thrive when he's out of that mess in Cleveland.

Quinn has been in the league for three years but he has a grand total of nine starts for a horrible team. That's not even half of a season. All young quarterbacks go through growing pains and Quinn hasn't been given an opportunity to play through them.

Don't get me wrong, Quinn did not have a great game against Baltimore last night. However, the terrible playcalling and lack of playmakers for the Browns was never more evident.

Quinn may be a bust and he may not be but he hasn't been given a fair opportunity and it's too early to judge him one way or another.
                              Scott Wright, President
                              Draft Countdown.com
                              www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information