Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Tebow thread...but with a twist.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tebow thread...but with a twist.

It's basically a given that Tebow will fail miserably as an NFL QB if he goes to a team with a traditional NFL offense...which, as of now, is pretty much 31 of 32 teams. Miami being the lone gimmick team, and they're not in the QB market.

Seems like some owner/GM will buy into the Wildcat hype, as well as the Tebow hype and attempt to marry the faux QB with the only NFL coach to successfully install the type of offense that Tebow could excel in: Miami offensive coordinator Dan Henning. Of all the coaches attempting to use this package, only Henning has been able to pull it off...and he is expanding on it weekly.

The drawback here is that he'll be 68 when the season starts. But, I don't think it's completely out of the question that he could bring over another Dolphins' assistant like Karl Dorrell (WRs), James Saxon (RBs), or Dave DeGuglielmo (O-line) to take on the assistant-HC/HC-in-waiting role. Saxon's unit has been especially good, though he did have a lot to work with.

The point being that, again, Tebow isn't going to be an NFL QB. He doesn't throw the ball well. He's not a guy who can drop back and dissect a secondary. The only hope he has for success is if some team tries to emulate Miami.

I figure there's one team with a more optimistic view of his abilities, but who will also see the value of putting him in a situation where he can flourish. As such, I look for him to be joined at the hip with at least one Dolphins' assistant in an attempt to recreate the Miami wildcat.

I'm probably wrong, but it makes more sense than asking him to be a real QB.
    Last edited by Abaddon; 11-21-2009, 12:32 PM.
    My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Where's the twist M. Night Shamalyan?

Comment

Comment

Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person.

Oh, and Tebow may play QB in the NFL, but he won't be a first round pick.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I think he's closer to an NFL QB than most people give him credit for. Keep in mind there are a fair amount of QBs that dont have a strong arm and they're doing pretty well. I personally wouldnt take him but i doubt he'll get by 32 GMs looking for something to jumpstart a sagging franchise. Not sure the twist here, this stuff has been beaten to death many times over.

Comment

I think his best bet is MLB. Yes, I know, I'm crazy.
            "Those two men showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will ALL be able to do the SAME THING."

Comment

Whether he likes it or not, Tebow is going to have to figure out to how to be a more conventional quarterback in the NFL if he's going to have any hope whatsoever. The NFL rarely takes schematic advice from the college ranks and I'm really not sure I see any team adopting a Wildcat like offense fully enough for it to warrant having a full-time quarterback to run it. If Tebow can develop enough to become a worthwhile passer, then I can see a team run a unconventional plays with him, but that's about it.

Ultimately, Tebow's best shot is going to a team that has a coaching staff that figures to still be there in 3 years and has the luxury of sitting him for basically that entire span of time. I want to like Tebow, but I agree that he is far from where he needs to be for him to likely even be serviceable if you put him under center early in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                Whether he likes it or not, Tebow is going to have to figure out to how to be a more conventional quarterback in the NFL if he's going to have any hope whatsoever. The NFL rarely takes schematic advice from the college ranks and I'm really not sure I see any team adopting a Wildcat like offense fully enough for it to warrant having a full-time quarterback to run it. If Tebow can develop enough to become a worthwhile passer, then I can see a team run a unconventional plays with him, but that's about it.

Ultimately, Tebow's best shot is going to a team that has a coaching staff that figures to still be there in 3 years and has the luxury of sitting him for basically that entire span of time. I want to like Tebow, but I agree that he is far from where he needs to be for him to likely even be serviceable if you put him under center early in his career.
                I think first thing he needs to do is get his throwing motion corrected which right now starts around his waste. What happened to Urban putting more of a pro style offense in to help Tebow get ready for the NFL? That didnt last long.

Comment

QB? He isn't a QB just because he receives the ball first. UF runs a direct snap offense. He's an FB/H-Back/TE. He throws to WRs. They have no true TEs or FBs or RBs. The guys on that team are WRs and track athletes who can catch the ball. The reason why Tebow is breaking running back records is that's because it's what he is.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

Once again, Tebow will succeed or fail in the NFL as a QB. There is no middle ground at another position because I think Tebow's world view is bigger than the NFL. If he makes it, he makes it. If not, oh well.

Tebow is a player whose overall talent I believe we will find out later exceeds the limitations of the scheme he played in during college. Just because he played in a one read system doesn't mean he can't go through his progressions and find open receivers.
                    He's mobile, got a strong arm and has an excellent work ethic. If Tebow proves to be a gamer in the NFL, that is, can handle making mistakes and still come back to make plays, he's going to be a starter someday soon in the NFL.

Give a guy a chance to compete before writing him off as a pro QB.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                      Once again, Tebow will succeed or fail in the NFL as a QB. There is no middle ground at another position because I think Tebow's world view is bigger than the NFL. If he makes it, he makes it. If not, oh well.
                      If this is true, I know NFL GMs/Coaches who will not touch him. If you think I'm bluffing, one is Bill Belichick who demands a 100% dedication (outside of family).

edit: The point is that his stock will fall like a rock.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                        Once again, Tebow will succeed or fail in the NFL as a QB.
                        Well, isn't that the same for anyone?

To be honest, I can't really add anything other than what's been added to the thread since everyone kinda knows what's with Tebow.

What We Know
                        -He's a "winner" and NFL teams do like that.
                        -Great character, probably the ideal character of any prospects. What Peyton Manning is to intelligence at the position, Tebow is to character.
                        -Not ridiculously athletic like a Pryor or VY but an athlete similar to a Roethlisberger and can move around.
                        -Great size, tough to bring down and is prototype height.
                        -Velocity is good and he has shown some "touch" passes though not a lot.
                        -Seems like a pretty smart, high IQ football player.
                        -Tough.
                        -Intangibles.

Negatives We Know:
                        -Mechanics, while improved, is still pretty awful.
                        -No snaps taken under center.
                        -Had great athletes around him (not really a negative though).
                        -Even though it wasn't serious, a concussion is a concussion.
                        -Footwork=shoddy.
                        -Most aspects of being a true, pure QB are under question with Tebow but from the intangible standpoint he's a winner.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I thought David Lee, the QB coach was the wildcat genius.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            If this is true, I know NFL GMs/Coaches who will not touch him. If you think I'm bluffing, one is Bill Belichick who demands a 100% dedication (outside of family).

edit: The point is that his stock will fall like a rock.
                            It only takes one team. There has been some information being passed around about teams viewing him as a Top 20 pick. NFL teams always think they can change players.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Tebow to New England in round two. He can sit behind Brady for a long time and if injuries derail Brady's career they have a replacement, if not they have a backup who can run some gimmick plays until they trade him a la Cassel. Obligatory reference to the Belicheck/Meyer connection and that Tebow is a patriots type of guy.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information