Who's the #2 CB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the #2 CB

Joe Haden is undoubtedly the #1 CB in this class, but nobody seems to be talking about anyone else. Patrick Robinson was supposed to have a big year but you don't hear much from him. Donovan Warren has recently said he would be returning for his senior year (although that could change if his evaluation says 1st rd). Perrish Cox has had a fine year statistically and also has pretty good triangle numbers.

So who is the #2 CB in this draft?

Originally posted by foozball View Post
    Donovan Warren has recently said he would be returning for his senior year (although that could change if his evaluation says 1st rd).
    He allegedly got a mid-round evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      He allegedly got a mid-round evaluation.
      Already?

My second guy is Patrick Robinson, but I'm having a feeling that someone will push hard for the #2 spot in the off-season.

One guy that I like to push is Kyle Wilson. Extremely athletic and versatile. He should have a good showing at the combine, but I doubt he sticks at 5'10", most likely 5'8"-5'9".

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
        Already?
        That's what someone said on the MGoBlog boards. It wouldn't surprise me if it's true. He was great at the beginning, solid in the middle, and pretty good at the end. Not first-round worthy.

Comment

Mine is Patrick Robinson for now. Some CB is going to put up big #'s at the combine and might slide into the 2nd CB spot

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Patrick Robinson has been playing well, the other 3 players in the secondary suck nuts though. But if you really focus on him and watch what he's doing (as opposed to just the yards and td's of the teams) you'll see that he's very good. When workouts come he'll jump back into everyone's mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
              Already?

My second guy is Patrick Robinson, but I'm having a feeling that someone will push hard for the #2 spot in the off-season.

One guy that I like to push is Kyle Wilson. Extremely athletic and versatile. He should have a good showing at the combine, but I doubt he sticks at 5'10", most likely 5'8"-5'9".
              I love Kyle Wilson too. The guy is a threat to go for 6 whenever he touches the ball whether on special teams or on defense

Comment

Warren got a "mid-round" grade from a single scout, not the draft advisory board.

Comment

Javier Arenas?

Kid is one heck of a return man, has great agility on the field and can make tough physical tackles when needed. Sure Warren is good but at times he really does not show up in games, take Ohio State, he made almost no big impact plays in that game, talented player but Arenas is consistently good.

Sure the kid is short but he is one very tough kid.

Could argue Devin McCourty as well with all that he can do.

Still overall, pretty crap group of corners this year outside of Haden.

Comment

Ohio State didn't throw the football against Michigan, which is why Warren didn't have a big impact. The Buckeyes only completed 9 passes the entire game against Michigan, three of which were to the running backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                      Sure Warren is good but at times he really does not show up in games, take Ohio State, he made almost no big impact plays in that game
                      Hard to make impact plays when you're not being thrown at, or whenever they do throw at you, the throws are nowhere near the receiver or yourself. Why would you throw at Warren when you can throw at guys like Jordan Kovacs, Kevin Leach, J.T Floyd etc...? Terrelle Pryor completed a whopping 9 of 17 passes, and DeVier Posey, OSU's #1 WR, had 5 catches for 38 yards. Clearly, Warren was doing something right.

Comment

Hard to make impact plays when you're not being thrown at, or whenever they do throw at you, the throws are nowhere near the receiver or yourself. Why would you throw at Warren when you can throw at guys like Jordan Kovacs, Kevin Leach, J.T Floyd etc...? Terrelle Pryor completed a whopping 9 of 17 passes, and DeVier Posey, OSU's #1 WR, had 5 catches for 38 yards. Clearly, Warren was doing something right.
                        I am speaking of tackles in the open field, big hits, impact plays regardless of what it is. The fact Ohio State did not throw the ball much is one thing, but still would be nice to see some more plays out of him especially in big games like that.

Ohio State ran the ball constantly, how about he come crashing down on the edge and get a tackle or react and make a play in the run game if they only throw the ball 17 times.

Big players make big plays in big games.

Comment

I am speaking of tackles in the open field, big hits, impact plays regardless of what it is. The fact Ohio State did not throw the ball much is one thing, but still would be nice to see some more plays out of him especially in big games like that.

Ohio State ran the ball constantly, how about he come crashing down on the edge and get a tackle or react and make a play in the run game if they only throw the ball 17 times.
                          He had seven tackles and blanketed his man. Not to mention, they mostly ran to the other side of the field because, hey, it's a redshirt freshman over there.

Comment

Big players make big plays in big games.
                            I hate this phrase more than anything. How do you expect a player to make big plays if the other team game plans around him?

Comment

For me it's Patrick Robinson. IMO, there are only 2 CBs I'd touch in the first round at this point, and they're Haden and Robinson.

sig by BK and avy by me
                              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information