Danario Alexander 1st day pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danario Alexander 1st day pick?

I want peoples honest opinion on him. He's been absolutely tremendous this season. 92 rec, 1411 yds, 12 tds. I know stats in college for a receiver mean little when your talking about them as a prospect. but he's shown very good speed, not elite speed, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he ran a 4.45-4.50 at the Combine which is pretty dang good for a 6'5 215 pound Receiver. That with his 46 inch vertical........Is it to insane to consider this guy a 1st day pick?

well in my opinion if he never got injured for his whole college career he would be a first round pick. he'll probably be a 3-4th round pick and whoever picks him will get a really good player. To be honest i dont even think hes at 100% yet so if he sits out for a year he'll be more of a beast then he already is.

Comment

I don't think he'll run in the 4.45-4.50 range. He's never had that type of speed, however he does have the massive body of a solid possession receiver at the next level.

He's most likely in the 4.55-4.60 range, but I don't think you can deny, 1) his hands, 2) his size 3) his toughness to come back from a couple knee surgeries

I think he is and he will remain a 3rd rounder until April. His injury history is pretty scary while he isn't going to put up gawdy workout numbers. I really like him though at the next level, if he can stay healthy.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

If his injury history becomes an issue at any point until the draft then this could be another Malcolm Kelly situation (for a similar type receiver), and I don't think teams will be as kind this time around. For his sake I hope not because he's super talented and productive at his size. Personally, that 46 inch vertical (if anywhere close to true) matters more than his 40 time. We know he's probably not going to run a sub 4.5 time.

Comment

He's not as good as Malcolm Kelly was. Not real athletic or fast. Mid rounder. Can be a situational red zone guy.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
            He's not as good as Malcolm Kelly was. Not real athletic or fast. Mid rounder. Can be a situational red zone guy.
            He's very athletic.

Comment

Isn't the first day of the draft only going to be the the first round?

If so then no he won't be a first day pick but I do feel he could shoot up some draft boards.

Comment

Nah he won't be able to go 1st round.

Comment

He's going to have a Brandon Marshall-like impact for somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                    He's going to have a Brandon Marshall-like impact for somebody.
                    That's a far better comparison than malcolm kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
                      That's a far better comparison than malcolm kelly.
                      I never compared him to Malcolm Kelly, just said he could be in for a similar situation and fall in the draft.

Comment

Could happen. As said, obviously not a first day pick (i.e. first round pick). He could go as high as Late 2nd IMO. Could fall though as mentioned before, speed will be the key factor. Great hands and route running are his moniker.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                          He's very athletic.
                          If athleticism is quickness, long speed and change of direction then no he's not. He's more athletic that you or me but not when talking NFL starting WR.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                            If athleticism is quickness, long speed and change of direction then no he's not. He's more athletic that you or me but not when talking NFL starting WR.
                            His ball adjustment skills are very good though, and some may consider that athleticism.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
                              well in my opinion if he never got injured for his whole college career he would be a first round pick. he'll probably be a 3-4th round pick and whoever picks him will get a really good player. To be honest i dont even think hes at 100% yet so if he sits out for a year he'll be more of a beast then he already is.
                              thats my feelings exactly on the guy. a potentially amazing pick with fantastic upside and who's downside is a decent possession receiver at worse. Probably a 4th rounder but wouldnt fault a team for grabbing him in the 3rd. The combine will be huge for him

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information