djp Big Board November 25, 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djp Big Board November 25, 2009

1. Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska - Best DT prospect I have ever seen, absolutely positively dominant

2. Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma - He'd go No. 1 in any other draft, classic 4-3 UT

3. Eric Berry S Tennessee - Simply a playmaker, opponents avoid him

4. Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State - Elite pass protector, upside in run game, I feel like he's underrated here

5. Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame - Does lots of little things some NFLers don't, big time arm, can move around, tough

6. Rolando McClain ILB Alabama - Been 2nd best college defender behind Suh, he will be a Pro Bowler in the NFL

7. Jake Locker QB Washington - Every single tool in the book, is it too early? Signs point to yes in my opinion

8. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma - Injury hampers his stock-still a great prospect in my book

9. Taylor Mays S USC - Has done a disappearing act at times this year, still can be dominant. Might be better in the NFL than in college

10. Joe Haden CB Florida - The best draft eligible corner easily (even though Patrick Peterson is the best corner in the conference, next year buddy)

11. Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State - Suspension doesn't scare me at all, but I don't think he's a top flight No. 1 in the NFL

12. CJ Spiller RB Clemson - The most versatile player in college football, but must go to the right team in order to maximize potential

13. Brian Price DT UCLA - Keeps climbing up boards every week

14. Sean Weatherspoon OLB Mizzou - This guy is just everywhere when I watch Mizzou play

15. Brandon Spikes MLB Florida - Productive leader who may not be a star but will be solid for the majority of his career

16. Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech - Ultra productive despite teams knowing he's the best player on the field

17. Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech - He could be a souped up version of Earnest Graham, I love the way he runs

18. Jerry Hughes DE TCU - He is unblockable at times

19. Carlos Dunlap DE Florida - Every single tool in the book, can he put it together? Recent line of Gator DE's says no

20. Dan Williams DT Tennessee - Need to see more of him, but have liked what I've seen so far.

21. Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma - He could potentially be great, has every trait you ask for in a tight end

22. Jahvid Best RB California - Concussions might scare teams, but he's electric. Somebody will take him in Round 1 due to success of Chris Johnson

23. Everson Griffen DE USC - He could be an elite prospect if he stays another year, but all the potential in the world. Injuries may scare teams

24. Sergio Kindle DE Texas - I still think this guy could be good, but he hasn't impressed me all that much. Still learning the position.

25. Ed Dickson TE Oregon - I absolutely love this guy and I think he could sneak into the latter part of Round 1 pending the underclassmen who come out. Great receiver, surprisingly elusive after the catch. He's a decent blocker, too. Reminds me of Visanthe Shiancoe a whole lot.

26. Allen Bailey DL Miami - His versatility will attract teams, not to mention he might have one of the all-time greatest combines ever. Improving a ton, but signs point to him not coming out, as he stated this on a Miami radio station earlier this month.

27. Brandon Graham DE/OLB Michigan - I really like this guy, but I feel like he is going to be playing the wrong position in the pros. Teams will want to stick him at 3-4 OLB, but I think he is best at 4-3 DE. He has shown he can get pressure with his hand in the dirt and he was so impressive against the run vs Ohio State

28. Damian Williams WR USC - I could see him being the No. 1 receiver next year, I think it's in his best interest to stay another year. Looks like he will be a very solid NFL WR for someone, borderline No. 1, high end No. 2

29. Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa - I'll be honest, forgot about him while making this list, and I don't feel like moving him up and switching all the #'s. He'd probably be in the 15-20 range.

30. Navorro Bowman OLB Penn State - I put him slightly ahead of Travis Lewis because I think Bowman is more NFL ready, Lewis still tackles too high even though I think Lewis will end up being the better pro. Another guy that should have been higher that I forgot about. Bowman is a standout every time I watch Penn State.

Feedback welcome!
    Last edited by djp; 11-25-2009, 05:23 PM.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Nice list, kind of surprise Dan Williams is so far up right now. Seems like a 2nd our 3rd still in my book

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
      Nice list, kind of surprise Dan Williams is so far up right now. Seems like a 2nd our 3rd still in my book
      His leverage is tremendous and he's very productive despite being on an average team. I like him more than Terrence Cody.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

What do you see him as? NT in a 4-3? NT or DE in a 3-4?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I'd like your reasoning for having Carlos Dunlap so high.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            What do you see him as? NT in a 4-3? NT or DE in a 3-4?
            3-4 NT ideally, but I could see him being a very good 4-3 NT though.

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            I'd like your reasoning for having Carlos Dunlap so high.
            To be honest, I really like what I see about 75% of the time. He's still raw, but clearly all the talent is there. I think he's a much better prospect than Michael Johnson and Calais Campbell were, two similar prospects. Mainly because of the fact that I see Dunlap using different pass rushing moves instead of just the bull rush.

He still plays too high and can be stiff at times, but that is coachable and I think he has a better getoff than both Campbell and Johnson.

Comment

How do you feel about Dunlap's atrocious run defense and lack of elite production?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                How do you feel about Dunlap's atrocious run defense and lack of elite production?
                Dunlap's run D leaves a lot to be desired, no doubt.

Look, I'm not saying he's an elite prospect at all, the 19th overall player on the board is not an elite prospect. He has elite talent, he can be a dominant pass rusher at times, and his frame is incredible. He's got warts, but almost every prospect does.

It's not all sacks with Dunlap, either. His bull rush is really good when he gets low and uses his legs, he collapses the pocket a ton with that and gets more pressures on the QB than you think. So even though his sacks are not where you'd like them to be, he's still making an impact.

Comment

Dan Williams has size and has looked good this year, but when I saw the UT/Ole Miss game he got his salad tossed by John Jerry a few times. I hear UT fans raving about him and he makes some plays, but I don't no if he is a dominant first round type DT talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                    Dan Williams has size and has looked good this year, but when I saw the UT/Ole Miss game he got his salad tossed by John Jerry a few times. I hear UT fans raving about him and he makes some plays, but I don't no if he is a dominant first round type DT talent.
                    I'm not on the Dan Williams as a first round pick train yet, but he is definitely a second rounder in a strong DT class that would be a steal in the third.

And I definitely don't know about Dan Williams getting his salad tossed. You guys definitely ran well that day, but most of it was outside the tackle box and tacking advantage of our lack of depth and athleticism at linebacker.

Damn I said definitely a lot.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

I like Dan Williams quite a bit. As far as his draft stock goes, consider this. There are now more 3-4 teams than ever, yet there are still very few NT prospects to go around. Some of the leagues best NT's are getting up there in age. I could see a team like Pittsburgh being all over Williams in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
                        I like Dan Williams quite a bit. As far as his draft stock goes, consider this. There are now more 3-4 teams than ever, yet there are still very few NT prospects to go around. Some of the leagues best NT's are getting up there in age. I could see a team like Pittsburgh being all over Williams in the first round.
                        This. Good post. Williams is born for the 3-4 nose tackle spot, and it's just as important to a 3-4 defense as quarterback is to an offense.

Comment

One guy I forgot is Toby Gerhart now that I think about it. He'll go either low round 1 or high round 2.

Comment

Oh, and Earl Thomas. He'd be in the 10-15 range, although I don't think he will enter the draft, but he's eligible, so he should be on this list.

Comment

Warts, salad tossing? DJP what is really going on in this thread?

I like this list a lot. I like the Jerry Hughes love! I am on the Dan Williams bandwagon as well.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information