Whats with all the Suh love?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats with all the Suh love?

Good player, but seriously i don't get the top 2 talk at all.

When was the last time this guy has taken over a game at the DT position vs a good team? Never? Has he ever?

These last few games haven't been all that great, looks like the guy is playing alot of contain. He just sits there on his block.

G. McCoy had one great game vs Florida in the championship game. I'm a Gator fan i was very impressed by what he did.

I will keep and eye on Suh when he goes against Texas but i must say, UT's front line isn't that great.

When it comes to big games, breaking double teams and showing up game in and game out give me G. McCoy everytime.

Almost seems like McCoy has been having to do almost everything. Have you seen the Sooners this year? The backend of that defense has showed no effort to even try to tackle. It's like they don't even care.

I know there are alot of Suh fans on here so i hope i didn't hurt your feelings.

Tell me i'm wrong, prove me wrong.

^
    I think it's easier to double teams inside guys and that's pretty much what happens on every play to Suh. I'm a little surprised that they dont move him around more on that defensive line to free him up more.

I think the size, strength and motor are pretty special with both McCoy and Suh and i would really be surprised if both are around after the 5th pick.

I wouldnt worry about hurting anyone's feelings concerning Suh, they and him will probably be smiling on draft.

Comment

All you really have to do is watch the guy play. There is always going to be at least one guy going against the grain, but honestly I don't see a very good case against him as a top 2 pick, he's about as dominant as they come.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        All you really have to do is watch the guy play. There is always going to be at least one guy going against the grain, but honestly I don't see a very good case against him as a top 2 pick, he's about as dominant as they come.
        Same here, i dont have a problem with calling some guys overrated (Dunlap, Okung, Tebow) but Suh just doesnt seem to have any weekness.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Exactly. Sounds like you haven't watched him much. McCoy is great, but Suh has changed games for Nebraska. If they don't have him, I think they lose about 2 extra games, no joke. Can't say that about McCoy. Both are Top 5 picks.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by dex View Post
            Good player, but seriously i don't get the top 2 talk at all.

When was the last time this guy has taken over a game at the DT position vs a good team? Never? Has he ever?

These last few games haven't been all that great, looks like the guy is playing alot of contain. He just sits there on his block.

G. McCoy had one great game vs Florida in the championship game. I'm a Gator fan i was very impressed by what he did.

I will keep and eye on Suh when he goes against Texas but i must say, UT's front line isn't that great.

When it comes to big games, breaking double teams and showing up game in and game out give me G. McCoy everytime.

Almost seems like McCoy has been having to do almost everything. Have you seen the Sooners this year? The backend of that defense has showed no effort to even try to tackle. It's like they don't even care.

I know there are alot of Suh fans on here so i hope i didn't hurt your feelings.

Tell me i'm wrong, prove me wrong.
            The fact that you need two O linemen to block him helps everyone on the D line become better. The fact that your telling me that the Texas has not that good of an O line? Isn't Texas second in scoring in all of football? Wouldn't you need a pretty good O line to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
              The fact that you need two O linemen to block him helps everyone on the D line become better. The fact that your telling me that the Texas has not that good of an O line? Isn't Texas second in scoring in all of football? Wouldn't you need a pretty good O line to do that?
              Stop the logic please..where is starheather?

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

he is so dominant that the guy next to him actually looks like a pretty good player as well cuz he is always going head2head against just 1 guy. despite being double covered AT LEAST, Suh still manages to produce a lot of tackles and stuff

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I don't like Suh, but it's ridiculous to say that he's never taken over a game. He's one of the most dominants DTs ever to play CFB.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Suh single-handedly ***** slapped Va Tech's Oline this year; he couldn't be blocked with double-teams and flowed to the ball like a 'backer.
                    Va Tech has an outstanding weight and conditioning program and their Olineman are among some of the strongest and more athletic front fives in the country.
                    Until they played against Suh.

That's when I became a believer and understood this was a different cat playing the DT position.

Maybe he doesn't flash in every game, but I don't think he's given the green light to penetrate blindly upfield either.
                    I think Pellini has Suh reading and reacting more than just attacking upfield and locating the football.

How he measure and tests pre-draft will have the final say, but regardless I don't see how he falls from the top 3.

Comment

Check out the film vs. Missouri for Suh. He absolutely dominated that game. He was in the backfield every play pressuring their QB. He was getting sacks, hurrying the quarterback, stuffing the run, and even had a pick. He is incredibely strong and can do it all. He could
                      play 4-3 DT in the NFL or 3-4 DE. Suh is definately a top 2 pick, competing with Eric Berry

Comment

What's your definition of a "good" team? He completely took over the games against Virginia Tech, Missouri, and Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
                          Check out the film vs. Missouri for Suh. He absolutely dominated that game. He was in the backfield every play pressuring their QB. He was getting sacks, hurrying the quarterback, stuffing the run, and even had a pick. He is incredibely strong and can do it all. He could
                          play 4-3 DT in the NFL or 3-4 DE. Suh is definately a top 2 pick, competing with Eric Berry
                          Yeah i watched that game, but Mizzou is just plain bad. When i say a good team, i mean a good team. When i saw that game, alot of the plays he was getting man on man. Double teams from time to time but not alot.

Lets see what he does vs Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            What's your definition of a "good" team? He completely took over the games against Virginia Tech, Missouri, and Oklahoma.

I saw him vs OU, i didn't think him or McCoy had great games. Good but not great. Suh may of had the better game but i didn't see him take over in that game.

OU has been very bad this year. Have you seen them this year? They didn't seem like the team from last year and i'm not talking about just the offense but defense too.

Comment

OU has been very bad this year. Have you seen them this year? They didn't seem like the team from last year and i'm not talking about just the offense but defense too.
                              He cited three bowl teams. Missouri is an 8 win team, Tech is a 9 win team, and OU is still a solid team. Suh played a big part in determining each of those games.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information