Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Eric Berry coming back for another year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Eric Berry coming back for another year?

Should He?
    Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 11-30-2009, 08:32 PM.

Kiffin on Berry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just said on "The Lane Kiffin Show" when speaking of what a great player he is

"We are going to miss him a lot"

Comment

Got a link GB? I personally won't believe it until the deadline is passed. I just don't see any reason for him to come back unless he loves college that much. It's not like Tennessee will be competing for a national championship next year.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

If this is true, his advisors need some advising. Hell, Lane Kiffin isn't doing his job if he advised him to stay.

Look at it from this standpoint. What if the NFL does have a lockout next year and then the following year a rookie salary cap is put into place. This kid could potentially lose $30-40 million. He's a lock to be a top 7 pick with a chance to be the #1 overall pick. Reguardless of how he plays next year he isn't going to be able to improve his stock. We've all seen this before, we know he could dramatically hurt his stock. It's not like Tennessee is some sort of favorite to win the National Championship. What's his motive? Come back to Tennessee to go 7-5 and play in the Chick-fil-A Bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
          If this is true, his advisors need some advising. Hell, Lane Kiffin isn't doing his job if he advised him to stay.
          If anyone has advised Berry to stay I highly doubt it's been Kiffin. He's been saying since he got here that he's just happy they had him for one season and that he expects Berry to leave after this year.

If Berry did choose to stay it would probably just be his own decision.
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
            If anyone has advised Berry to stay I highly doubt it's been Kiffin. He's been saying since he got here that he's just happy they had him for one season and that he expects Berry to leave after this year.

If Berry did choose to stay it would probably just be his own decision.
            It's hard to say, it's all speculation as to if anyone advised him one way or another. What I'm saying is, with this kids unique situation I would feel it Lane Kiffin's job/duty to advise Berry to leave and never look back.

Comment

No link, still?

Comment

From an academic standpoint, I love to see guys staying for 4 years and getting their degree.
                But if I were Berry's academic advisor, I think I'd have to advise him you can finish your degree in summer school. You can't turn your back on potentially being a top 5 pick, and if someone is whispering in Berry's ear he has a shot to be a #1 in 2011, they need to be stoned to death!

He's more than proven himself in college football, no one cares that he only had 2 INTs this season.

Great move for the Vols.
                Bad for Berry.

Comment

Doesn't he have a family member dealing with health issues. I thought the money was kinda important in this situation if I remember right.

Comment

I'd hate to say he'd be nuts to go back for his senior year but he'd be nuts. Bradford and Grehsam would attest to that and they play arguably less violent positions than that of a safety. Going to mess up a lot of mocks if he does stay.

Comment

It would pain me to say it, but if I saw EB again I'd have to tell him that he should go pro unless his heart is just that set on staying in college for another year.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Get this kid into the NFL yesterday. BS rumor, he won't stay.

Comment

His stock isn't going to get any higher than it is now. Going back to school just risks having a down year or getting injured. Regardless of how well he plays next year, a safety is only going to go so high and I think he's at that point right about now.

Comment

Vince Young said the same thing after winning the National Championship and Shady McCoy said it last year. Berry COULD be the first pick. I think he comes out.

Comment

Surprise

He returned kicks

Lane Kiffin is already tired

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information