Available QB's change draft outcome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Available QB's change draft outcome

Before looking at twho is available in the draft there might be a few QB's available by either low value trade, cut or FA...ones that come to mind are

Kyle Orton
    Jason Campbell
    Trent Edwards
    Jamarcus Russell
    Marc Bulger
    Matt Leinart
    Brady Quinn
    Michael Vick
    Jake Delhomme

if there is anyone else, name them

and the teams looking for QB

Washington
    Buffalo
    St Louis
    Cleveland
    Jacksonville
    Minnesota
    Oakland
    Carolina
    Arizona-If Leinart leaves
    Dallas?

Some of these teams will give those QB's named above a chance to start instead of spending big money to draft on some questionable QB's.

FA will change the draft's first round.

Anyone with any ideas? I could see Leinart or Brady in Washington I can see Jason Campbell possibly in Oakland, Mike Vick will bring revenue to the Bills
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

Vick has the best 40 time of these QB's so put him in Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by RWills View Post
      Before looking at twho is available in the draft there might be a few QB's available by either low value trade, cut or FA...ones that come to mind are

Kyle Orton
      Jason Campbell
      Trent Edwards
      Jamarcus Russell
      Marc Bulger
      Matt Leinart
      Brady Quinn
      Michael Vick
      Jake Delhomme
      Of these, i think Orton, Leinart and Quinn aren't moving from their current teams. Who the hell is gonna want Delhomme as anything more than a backup? Same for Campbell and Bulger. Trent Edwards and J-Roc are broken beyond repair, and Michael Vick hasn't played a season at QB in years. Not a single one of those guys is gonna affect anything that goes on draft day.

Comment

Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
        Vick has the best 40 time of these QB's so put him in Oakland.
        I'm not sure any teams outside of Buffalo view Vick as a starting caliber QB. Jason Campbell has as good a shot as anyone on that list to land in Oakland. As a fan, strangely enough I do believe in Gradkowski and feel he could win games in the right situation, which I feel we could provide him with an improved defense. However, given a shot at Campbell there's no way I'd turn that down. I always felt he got a raw deal in Washington for the talent he was and the WCO really ****** things up moreso.

Comment

This is the last year of Tarvaris Jackson's contract. Whether Minnesota re-signs hims is a toss up at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
            This is the last year of Tarvaris Jackson's contract. Whether Minnesota re-signs hims is a toss up at this point.
            Who is going to want T-Jax?
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

whats the deal with leinart? are the cards likely to release him due to escalators in his contract? ive heard they could owe him like $15 mill next year if they keep him and dont rework a deal.

Comment

Kyle Orton - re-sign in Denver 1 or 2-yr deal
                Jason Campbell - Cleveland - 2/3 years, compete with Quinn in one last effort from both guys while Cleveland addresses other needs
                Trent Edwards - Buffalo - remains on current contract
                Jamarcus Russell - Oakland - remains on current contract
                Marc Bulger - Oakland - 1/2 year deal, similar situation to Cleveland but with Bulger as more of a caretaker than long-term possibility in relation to Campbell.
                Matt Leinart - Arizona - remains on current deal
                Brady Quinn - Cleveland - remains on current deal
                Michael Vick - Buffalo - takes a similar contact to the one he took in Philly but for more money and could possibly capture a starting job
                Jake Delhomme - Carolina - remains on current deal
                and the teams looking for QB

Washington - Rookie (Bradford)
                Buffalo - Edwards, Vick
                St Louis - Rookie (Claussen)
                Cleveland - Quinn, Campbell
                Jacksonville - Garrard, Rookie (Tebow)
                Minnesota - Favre, Rookie (Mallet, Pike)
                Oakland - Russell, Bulger
                Carolina - Delhomme, Rookie (Pike, Snead)
                Arizona- Warner, Leinart
                Dallas- Romo, mid-late round rookie
                Denver - Orton, Rookie (McCoy)
                That's how I see each team shaking out at QB next year, to an extent. Not sure how the QBs will fall in the draft between Washington and Buffalo and Vick/Bradford I think could both end up on either team. As of right now I don't see Locker coming out although that seems to put me in the minority. and while I really doubt it you never know if Al Davis goes after another top-5 QB this year. A lot of people are starting to mock it but I still find it highly unlikely, with someone like Bulger being a lot more realistic on a 1 or 2 year deal, just to make sure JaMarcus is officially fizzled (and almost finished getting paid) before replacing him with an extremely high pick.
                Last edited by GaMeTiMe; 11-30-2009, 11:32 AM.
                Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

Other than QB's there might be some RB's available as well. Portis, McGahee, Reggie Bush, Lynch, Washington, T. Jones to name a few
                  Patriots Draft 2015
                  1. CB - Marcus Peters
                  2. WR - Sammie Coates
                  3. RB - David Johnson
                  3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                  4. OG - Tre Jackson
                  4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                  5. LB - Ben Heeney
                  6. TE - Wes Saxton
                  7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Seahawks need a QB too. But they will try to get locker

Comment

sadly Marc Bulger will be a St. Louis Ram next year, i don't see the possibility of releasing him, as it would cost us alot of money for our team

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                        whats the deal with leinart? are the cards likely to release him due to escalators in his contract? ive heard they could owe him like $15 mill next year if they keep him and dont rework a deal.
                        Leinart looked good in the Tennessee game, although Whisenhunt limited his capabilities in the first half. Still, he put the team in the position to win the football game, and would have if only Vince Young didn't post that miraculous 99-yard drive.

I think a restructured deal would work, Warner looks iffy some weeks and elite others, but if he can't continue to string together a consistent string of starts and by chance we lose the division, the reigns could be handed back over to Leinart.

Comment

Even if teams like Cleveland, Denver, or Washington do go ahead and plan on taking a quarterback in the first two rounds, they'll likely want to try and hold onto their current starters for at least one more year, if possible.

Comment

I may be the only one left, but I think if Jason Campbell was in a place like buffalo he would be a good QB because I do not think that the Redskins use him correctly.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Jason Campbell is a good QB he just has the misfortune of having played for like 82394 OC's in his career and has an awful line.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information