Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciron Black

What are your thoughts on him?

too slow and unathletic for LT and not powerful enough for RT, might be a mediocre back-up RT. Could be a decent LG. On Iphone so that is why it is so brief.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
      too slow and unathletic for LT and not powerful enough for RT, might be a mediocre back-up RT. Could be a decent LG. On Iphone so that is why it is so brief.
      What round do you project someone with those grades? 4-6?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        What round do you project someone with those grades? 4-6?
        I'd say the later rounds.

sig by fenikz
        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
        You are just a terrible person.
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
          I'd say the later rounds.
          Hooray for clarity! Is he this year's Herman Johnson?

Comment

Probably 5-6 round range, I don't imagine him testing well because he is slow, heavyfooted and hi overall quickness leaves a lot to be desires. He was beaten around like a ragdoll against Jermaine Cunningham in the Florida game. His power is a lot weaker than it should be for a man of his stature. Really all I see in him now is a big body that can be an obstacle but can't create movement in the run game and is limited to OG and can't play OT. His toughness, experience and character are good though.

In a perfect world he might be the next Andrew Whitworth of the Bengals or Carl Nicks o the Saints but I highly doubt that ever happens. But, I'm having trouble drawing up a more likely comparison for him.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Hooray for clarity! Is he this year's Herman Johnson?
              in a way but he isn't as big, isn't as strong and isn't as physically imposing as Johnson was. But in terms of where he will go I think he'll go in a similar range as Big Herm.

Comment

Herman's behemoth size was the only reason he was taken at all.
                Ciron has had a dissapointing senior campaign. He has awful feet and lacks perscision or quickness. He is physically incapable of playing tackle in the league. I agree that his only hope would to be converted to OG.
                Late round pick at best.

Comment

Dang, I thought he could play LT, hoping really.

Wasn't he a 4 year starter for LSU??

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                    Dang, I thought he could play LT, hoping really.

Wasn't he a 4 year starter for LSU??
                    Their RT, Joseph Barksdale, is a better player than their LT, Ciron Black... no clue why.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Black's stock is dropping like a lead balloon. The last time I watched him it was apparent why.

Comment

I hope more people take note of this and stop giving him to the Raiders in round two. What a difference a year can make.

Comment

His situation is like Barry Richardson's, except Barry Richardson had a sophmore year that allowed a projection to say he would be a very good future left tackle and a future 1st round pick. Then he did terrible his final two years. Ciron was never touted that high ever, but was still projected in the 1st and 2nd rounds by some, but I never thought of him more than a 4th rounder and now he is looking more like a guy in the 6th round or later.
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

I'd say 3rd round. Saw him play in person up in Seattle and looking back i'd have to say he was on a level with a Charles Brown and some of the best in the Pac-10 (probably not a strong group there). Not sure about LT but i think he's probably better than given credit for here. A little down on the tackle group as a whole.

Comment

I disagree. Yes he's slow but that has been common knowledge forever now. He's a RT or OG in the pros. His height arm arm length dont appear to be great either. I think he's a 2nd-3rd rounder. Definite starting potential. Big, strong, physical. Plays with good leverage and quickness. Smart player.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information