Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donovan Warren leaning 'heavily' towards turning pro

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/donov...-pro/index.php
    Warren, a third-year junior who led Michigan with 4 interceptions this year, has filed paperwork to ask the NFL's underclass advisory committee for his draft status.

He said Thursday their input will play into his decision, but turning pro is "just something that I believe it's just for me."

"I'm definitely, I'd have to say heavily, I like the chances of me coming out," Warren said at Michigan's annual football bust.

Warren said he planned to make a decision “within 2 weeks or so,” likely before the advisory committee reports back on his draft status.
    I hope Detroit draft this guy in the 2nd round, if he's available.

Michigan's defense without Brandon Graham and Donovan Warren is gonna be very depressing.

Comment

Don't let Sniper see this thread lol.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Warren got taken in the 3rd round of our last Forum Mock. I think he'll go much higher than that.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Warren got taken in the 3rd round of our last Forum Mock. I think he'll go much higher than that.
          I'm with you on that one.

Comment

Really like him as a prospect and I feel like he is a first round talent who has his best football in front of him.

Here is what I wrote a few weeks ago in the Eagles Draft Discussion Thread:
            Donovan Warren- Sniper probably knows more than me, but my impression of Warren is that he is a great man to man corner who can stick with his man but he gets exposed because Michigan can't get pressure. Warren has 4 interceptions on the season and seems to be a very athletic corner who is fluid and flexible and perhaps his best asset is his size at 6' 200 pounds with 4.4 speed. He has the physical abilities of a shut down corner with his long, lean frame, his speed and his long arms. But on those interceptions, Warren has shown a nice ability to jump routes, read the QB and has shown nice instincts. I really like Warren and I feel like he is the second best corner in this class but he falls behind others because of the defense he is on.

Comment

Warren has the stuff to be a successful cornerback. With the uncertainty surrounding Rich Rodriguez and Michigan's program, he would be wise to get out while he can. He should be good in man coverage and excel in zone coverage with his instincts. He looks like he can rise up the boards once teams look at the film.

Comment

Lot of nice things to hear about him.

What prevents Warren from being the first CB taken?

Comment

Lot of nice things to hear about him.

What prevents Warren from being the first CB taken?
                  Joe Haden does.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    Joe Haden does.
                    I know Warren is ranked lower. My question, which you missed completely, is why?

Comment

I know Warren is ranked lower. My question, which you missed completely, is why?
                      I think he may get overshadowed a little bit due to how negatively Michigan has been looked at as a football team, people seem to forget about the good players who play there...

Joe Haden on the other hand...well he is a gator lol

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Be right back. Going to kill myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          Be right back. Going to kill myself.
                          See what you guys have done!

Comment

Of course he is, I don't know why anyone thought otherwise. He's probably a late 1st round pick right now. Even the most optimistic Michigan fans are talking about maybe winning 7-8 games next year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

And we were so damn close to fielding a competent defense, too. ************* ****! Losing your two best defenders + the best punter in America = **** **** **** **** **** ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information