Biggest Surprise, Biggest Disapointment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Surprise, Biggest Disapointment

Biggest Surprise: Brandon Graham - The guy has truly been a monster and I didn't expect him to be a first round type player.
    Biggest Disapointment: Jevan Snead - Man, what load of croc he was. All hype, no substance

Biggest Surprise: Danario Alexander WR, Missouri

Biggest Disappointment: LeGarrette Blount RB, Oregon

Comment

Its hard to argue with Blount as the biggest dissapointment, but here is mine its the big boy eddition.

Biggest Supprise: Dan Williams NT, Tennessee (This kid was being projected as a 4th to a 6th rounder and everywhere in between, not a mid first rounder. He has great upside and although his measurables wont be great, he is a stud as a player)

Biggest Dissapointment: Boo Robinson DT, Wake (This kid was being looked at as a low 1st round pick and right now, he's about a 5th rounder. He just didn't show that he had the tallent)

Comment

Dissapointment has to be SNead. He sicks ballss

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman57 View Post
          Its hard to argue with Blount as the biggest dissapointment, but here is mine its the big boy eddition.

Biggest Supprise: Dan Williams NT, Tennessee (This kid was being projected as a 4th to a 6th rounder and everywhere in between, not a mid first rounder. He has great upside and although his measurables wont be great, he is a stud as a player)

Biggest Dissapointment: Boo Robinson DT, Wake (This kid was being looked at as a low 1st round pick and right now, he's about a 5th rounder. He just didn't show that he had the tallent)
          That's a great mention of Dan Williams. Kind of reminiscent of Ron Brace's rise last year.

Comment

Surprise: Ryan Matthews- I'd never even heard of the guy before this year. His game has really impressed me.

Disappointment: Sergio Kindle- So much for picking up where Orakpo left off.

Comment

I don't know about him being the "biggest" surprise, but Tony Pike I think could end up being a Joe Flacco type riser in the post season process. His injury derailed him a bit but if he beats Pitt this week and does well in a BCS game, I really wouldn't bat an eye if some team took a shot on him late 1st/Early 2nd much like where we all projected Flacco a few years ago.

Comment

Surprise: Jake Locker, Always been a big fan but I never thought he'd learn the system that Sark brought in and do so well in it this fast.

Disappointment: Ciron Black, I liked Ciron a lot last year but this year he's just been bleh.

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

Although not a draftable player my biggest surprise is:

Dion Lewis. I was really worried about the loss of Shady McCoy.

Disappointment:

Trent Williams. Wow, just really, really exposed this year.

Comment

Surprise: Jake Locker and Dan Williams
                    I thought Locker was going to end up like Matt Jones in the NFL. He is now a for sure top 10 pick in my mind and might end up being the top QB in the draft. I seriously didnt even know of Dan Williams before I saw a Tennessee game this year. The guy is going to be a good DT in the NFL and would love to draft him in the 2nd round

Disappointment: Jevan Sneed and Sam Bradford
                    Before the season it was either Sneed or Bradford as the 1st QB taken. Now none will/should be. Sneed was being compared to maybe a Brett Favre or Matt Stafford type of gun slinger. Now he is looking like Ryan Leaf in the NFL. Bradford got hurt which was a shame. Now having his injury concerns and people having this extra year of looking at him game tape, he might end up being a late 1st round(even though I still think he should be a top 15 pick still)

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Biggest Surprise Toby Gerhart RB Stanford

Biggest Disappointment Taylor Mays S USC

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Biggest surprise: Jake Locker

Biggest disappointment: Bryan Bulaga
                        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Biggest Surprise: Jimmy Clausen; This time last year I didn't view Clausen as much more than a mid 3rd round type of prospect. I thought he was more hype than substance. I'm still not convinced he's the top 5 prospect that many feel he is, but he certainly a first round talent now.

Biggest Disappointment: Joe Mcknight; Coming into this season I really thought Joe McKnight was going to fully live up to the hype he had as an incoming Freshman when he garnered comparisons to Reggie Bush. McKnight has still had a solid season and has looked very good overall. He just didn't have the eye popping, breakout type of season I thought he might have.

Comment

Surprise: Give me my guy Ryan Mallett. I didn't see this guy as a serious NFL prospect coming into the year, but I've given that up. He can improve so much, but is already far above what I expected. He'd be one of my guys to keep a close eye on during the bowl season, as he led his Razorbacks to a fairly surprising 7-5 record.

Disappointment: Jevan Snead I think its the obvious one, but how about George Selvie or Sergio Kindle. Last year, some were surprised that Selvie got 3rd-4th Round feedback by the NFL Advisory Committee, but it looks like they may have gotten it spot on, even a year later. He's been greatly outperformed by teammate and superior prospect Jason Pierre-Paul. Kindle, meanwhile, had the chance to emerge as a Top 10 pick. While he still may have a shot at the first round, you have to use that P word (potential) when evaluating him instead of seeing him as an established player that should be able to come right in and start for an NFL team.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                              Disappointment: Sergio Kindle- So much for picking up where Orakpo left off.
                              Only if youre talking about sacks. Anyone in IRC knows that I yell his name everytime he makes a big play. And I yell his name at least half a dozen times per game every week. I wouldnt be an insufferable fanboy of the guy if he sucked~
                              Last edited by comahan; 12-05-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information