Tim Tebow: Who's it going to be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow: Who's it going to be?

Have we ever seen a more intriguing prospect than Tim Tebow? There's so many mixed reviews on Tebow as a pro prospect that it's hard to even begin to evaluate his future in the NFL. One thing I'm certain of, some teams going to fall in love with him on draft day. I fully expect Tebow to be selected in the first round of this years draft.

So who's it going to be?

I see Washington, Oakland, Denver, Seattle, Jacksonville, and Minnesota as all possibilities. What about the rest of you?

First round lock? Future NFL QB, or another position?

I dunno where he goes, but I feel strongly too Tebow is selected in the first 32 picks.

His physical tools and intangibles far outweigh his negatives as a QB.

Comment

Obviously there's the whole Jacksonville rumour but if that doesn't happen I can see some team trade up to the latter part of the first to get him. Of all the teams at the top of the second, I could see Buffalo, Washington, possibly Oakland and possibly Carolina trading up to get him. Assuming they miss on the higher rated QB prospects.

The only other scenario I say with Tebow is that a team later at the first take him as a luxury pick.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

If the redskins take OT Rusell Okung from Oklahoma state with their top pick, and they take Tebow in the 2nd, that would be very interesting.

Comment

The jags will take him to spike ticket sales

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Jacksonville will NOT take him. Vic Ketchman, Jaguars Senior Editor, has made it abundantly clear that the Jags GM, Gene Smith, will take the best available player.

Evidence supports this, as last year, everyone had Jacksonville pegged as taking Crabtree, but when Monroe dropped to the Jags, they took him. Then in the 2nd round, the Jags proceeded to take another potential 1st round talent in Eben Britton.

The whole rumor started when someone decided to misquote Wayne Weaver, the owner, when he said that he would consider taking Tebow if he was the best player at the time of the pick.

This thing has gotten out of control and hopefully people will learn that the Jags won't pick Tebow unless he is at the top of their talent board.

Qualifier - I'm a Jags season ticket holder and UF grad. Tebow is a physical specimen, but has awful mechanics and his rah-rah nonsense will not work on the NFL level. The Jags already drafted a terrible mechanics QB in Leftwich. I'm pretty positive we've learned our lesson there.

TICKET SALES WILL NOT SPIKE WITH TEBOW, winning will increase ticket sales.
            Last edited by The Linebacker; 12-09-2009, 10:12 AM.
            Jaguars Season Ticket Holder

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904

Comment

Jacksonville is going to take him. If somehow they pass on him, then it's Minnesota.

Comment

Jax will not take him. He just isn't a good QB and we don't need anymore converted receivers ******. He is approximately a 3rd round talent or later based on his QB abilities alone.

Comment

With an almost near certainty, the Jags GM will trade down to acquire more picks. If not, then BAP.

Comment

Originally posted by The Linebacker View Post
                    Jax will not take him. He just isn't a good QB and we don't need anymore converted receivers ******. He is approximately a 3rd round talent or later based on his QB abilities alone.
                    Lol, this has been proved since 2 years ago, the Jaguars do have a crush on Tebow. It's almost certain.

Comment

Not saying i'm totally against Tim Tebow but it will probably be some organization that has people running it that don't know what they're doing. I'm thinking Washington at this point. Jacksonville would be too obvious wouldnt it?

Comment

Well Childress had pretty good luck with Harvin so I could see him dipping back into the talent pool at Florida and picking Tebow. He could learn from Favre for a year and worst case scenario we could have him lead blocking for Adrain Peterson if he doesn't work out at QB. Loadholt has also been pretty damn good in pass protection on the right side which would be Tebow's blind side.

The only reason I'm not to sure about this is Childress is a freak about throwing motion. See my sig, that's an actual quote from him.

Comment

career special teamer
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            Not saying i'm totally against Tim Tebow but it will probably be some organization that has people running it that don't know what they're doing. I'm thinking Washington at this point. Jacksonville would be too obvious wouldnt it?
                            You just hurt my feelings, Babylon.:(

The truth is a *****.

Comment

I'll say Oakland. It just seems like the ridiculously awful pick Al Davis would make.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information