How good is Rolando McClain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is Rolando McClain?

My Chiefs are projected to draft him and I think he is well experienced. Had a few questions about him though.

Does he take on blocks well?
    How is he in coverage?
    How is his tackling?

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

He is very good. Physically he has it all. He's 6'4 255 and probably runs a 4.6. He's tough, aggressive and can shed blocks. He's also developed as a blitzer and is solid in coverage. He is a really complete LB and would probably be a real good fit as a ILB in the Chiefs 3-4. He would bring the kind of toughness that D is lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      He is very good. Physically he has it all. He's 6'4 255 and probably runs a 4.6. He's tough, aggressive and can shed blocks. He's also developed as a blitzer and is solid in coverage. He is a really complete LB and would probably be a real good fit as a ILB in the Chiefs 3-4. He would bring the kind of toughness that D is lacking.
      I see a young Brian Urlacher or another great bama ILB in DeMeco Ryans when i see him. Although he lacks elite agility, he is the leader on the field, he doesn't only know what he is doing, but he knows what everyone else is supposed to be doing too, he sees plays develop extremely quickly and is VERY good at shedding blocks. He is an ideal 3-4 Ted ILB and will be one of the best in the NFL some day, if not right away. He still needs to develop his coverage skills and blitzing a bit like stated above, but those areas are easily improved when you have a stud athlete like this guy. He is the real deal

Comment

Not sure I like the Urlacher and DeMeco Ryans comparisons. I think he's much tougher than the two of them and much more polished as a blitzer at this stage.

There aren't a lot of players like him, if any in the NFL right now so it's hard to make a comparison at the moment. But he is the most complete linebacker in this draft.

I like him MUCH better than Aaron Curry last year. Just a notch below Patrick Willis IMO. Would LOVE to have him in Miami!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
          Not sure I like the Urlacher and DeMeco Ryans comparisons. I think he's much tougher than the two of them and much more polished as a blitzer at this stage.

There aren't a lot of players like him, if any in the NFL right now so it's hard to make a comparison at the moment.
          How do you quantify 'toughness' to even make that statement??

Is he in the class of a Cornelius Bennett or Derrick Thomas as an Alabama prospect??
          Granted, that's not a one to one comparison because McClain is an inside 'backer and those two were primarily edge rushing OLBs, I'm just trying to assess his value in the draft.

Is he even a top 10 pick??

Comment

good enough to smack yo momma

3-4 ILB comparison = Karlos Dansby

Comment

Rolando McClain is very good.

It's a pretty safe bet he'll be among my Top 5 players overall, regardless of position or class.
              Scott Wright, President
              Draft Countdown.com
              www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

I think he is at least a top 10 prospect which for an ILB is quite high. He'll be an impact player at the next level and whoever drafts him will be a solid defensive team for years to come.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Like all have said, he is great, and I think he is better than Patrick Willis was in college. Just a great player and potential pro bowler easily.

Comment

Good enough that I would not only be ok with the Chiefs taking him but would love it.

Comment

Extremely talented player, I think he is the best linebacker in the whole country. Even though Williams and Davis are playing well for Denver, getting a stud like this in their 3-4 would be extremely wise. Here is to Chicago continuously losing so we can have a pick high enough to get him.
                      Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                        Like all have said, he is great, and I think he is better than Patrick Willis was in college. Just a great player and potential pro bowler easily.
                        I wouldn't say that, Willis was a machine, even in college.

McClain is very good. If I could cherry pick any player in the draft for the Patriots to have, it would be him. That won't happen anymore, but still. Very versatile skill set and he has the production and physical tools to back it up. He's at worst, a top fifteen pick. Probably will go top ten.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

He sure would look good taking over for Farrior in the Steeler's defense, that much I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                            Rolando McClain is very good.

It's a pretty safe bet he'll be among my Top 5 players overall, regardless of position or class.
                            I haven't heard too many people naming him a Top 5 player, but I have him ranked #9 overall right now behind players like Derrick Morgan, Joe Haden and Russell Okung.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

He's srsly good k?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information