Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slight Spin: Who was the top prospect this decade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight Spin: Who was the top prospect this decade?

Looking back on the decade, what prospect I guess you can say was the highest rated coming out of college? Disregard how they turned out in the NFL, just remember how high they were rated and touted.

Probably calvin or vernon davis.

Comment

Id say Eli Manning but other options are:
      Calvin Johnson
      Glenn Dorsey

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Calvin Johnson

Comment

Adrian Peterson for me, but I know I'll be in the minority.

Comment

For people saying Calvin Johnson, would you say he became the top of the decade before Feb. 26th, 2007 aka before he ran the 4.35?

Comment

Carson Palmer obviously.

Comment

Out of college i'd list a few based on highest grade:

Lavar Arrington
                Carson Palmer
                Sean Taylor
                Joe Thomas
                Patrick Willis
                Julius Peppers
                Eli manning
                Calvin Johnson
                Adrian Peterson
                Jake Locker:(

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
                  For people saying Calvin Johnson, would you say he became the top of the decade before Feb. 26th, 2007 aka before he ran the 4.35?
                  No, but should that matter that once his speed was quantified that he was set apart? Its not like the 4.35 was the sole determining factor.

To me, this is like asking if you thought Chris Johnson was a first round prospect before you saw just how fast he really was quantified.

Calvin Johnson is the best prospect of the decade and very probably the best WR prospect of all time. Because of his size, speed, production, catching ability, attitude, big play ability and everything else you look for in a WR.

Every time you said imagine if.

Imagine if Santana Moss wasn't so short.
                  Imagine if Randy Moss was an upstanding citizen.
                  Imagine if Larry Fitzgerald was really really fast.
                  Imagine if Braylon Edwards was better at catching the ball.
                  Imagine if Matt Jones could actually play WR and wasn't a coke head.

There just wasn't that missing element with Calvin Johnson.

So what exactly is the problem putting him ahead of the rest once we saw his 40 time and that he was just that fast?

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
                    I think he would still be one of the elite, if not the best prospect if he had ran a 4.4.

His already freakish abilites and body control were just mind blowing. A receiver like him only comes around once every 10-15 years.

I'm not sure if I would name him #1 though, for the decade. I think Joe Thomas deserves some credit as well as players like Adrian Peterson and Reggie Bush (pre bust).

Also, cannot forget Sean Taylor.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Calvin Johnson. The man was and still is an absolute freak. 6'4, 230, 4.35, incredibly productive, great ball skills, nice hands, and a humble personality set him apart. Also up there are Mario, Bush, Peterson, Taylor, Thomas, Vick, Manning, Rivers, Lavar, Dorsey, and Fitz.

Comment

I don't know, people were a bit crazier for McFadden than some of the other names being listed...
                        Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

Alex Smith followed closely by JordyZZzzZZ.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Reggie Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              No, but should that matter that once his speed was quantified that he was set apart? Its not like the 4.35 was the sole determining factor.

To me, this is like asking if you thought Chris Johnson was a first round prospect before you saw just how fast he really was quantified.

Calvin Johnson is the best prospect of the decade and very probably the best WR prospect of all time. Because of his size, speed, production, catching ability, attitude, big play ability and everything else you look for in a WR.

Every time you said imagine if.

Imagine if Santana Moss wasn't so short.
                              Imagine if Randy Moss was an upstanding citizen.
                              Imagine if Larry Fitzgerald was really really fast.
                              Imagine if Braylon Edwards was better at catching the ball.
                              Imagine if Matt Jones could actually play WR and wasn't a coke head.

There just wasn't that missing element with Calvin Johnson.

So what exactly is the problem putting him ahead of the rest once we saw his 40 time and that he was just that fast?
                              I wasn't being THAT detailed with the question. Me bringing up that 4.35 was me asking did that put any remaining questions about his speed (i know game and straight line speed are different but you KNOW how much scouts value 40 times) to bed and solidified him as possibly the top prospect of the decade? That's all. I'm not saying "well what if such and such ran a 4.1" or anything like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information