Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rankings Updated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rankings Updated

    It's been awhile since I last updated my player rankings so after working on them all weekend here are the final results. There are now 350 seniors included, along with Sleepers, Overrated / Underrated and a Top 100 Overall. I'll incorporate underclassmen after the deadline next month.

    Scott's Wright's 2010 NFL Draft Rankings
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Rankings.php
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

    Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

    Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes


  • #2
    Just skimming over it, looks pretty good there Scott. I'm curious to know why Tebow sits at the #1 QB and LeFevour sits at #9. Their skill sets are similar but what's the reason(s) for the gap?


    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

    Comment


    • #3
      A lot of boards that I've seen have had Trent Williams falling more towards the end of the season based on the idea that he is more suited as a RT at the NFL level. It's interesting that he has stayed in the top 5 in your senior ranking still.

      Curious, where was Iupati in your previous rankings? Is he one of the biggest risers?

      Scotty is going to LOVE seeing D'Imporio on your underrated list.

      Daryll Clark is a guy also that is interesting to see so high on your qb rankings. I have to admit I dont much about the guy probably because hardly anyone talks about him. I'll have to do some research.
      Last edited by DiG; 12-21-2009, 09:33 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        Just skimming over it, looks pretty good there Scott. I'm curious to know why Tebow sits at the #1 QB and LeFevour sits at #9. Their skill sets are similar but what's the reason(s) for the gap?
        I went back and forth on my #1 and #2 quarterback slots...

        I gave the slight edge to Tebow for a couple of reasons:

        1) The more I see of McCoy the less I like him. He was exposed by an NFL style defense / scheme against Nebraska and I have a feeling it's going to be even worse against Alabama.

        2) Even if Tebow can't play quarterback he can still help a team in a number of other ways. Tight End. Fullback. H-Back. Wildcat. If McCoy doesn't pan out at quarterback you got nothing.

        As for LeFevour, I have maintained all along that he's a great college player but very overrated as a pro prospect. In fact, he may be this year's Graham Harrell. LeFevour and Tebow do share some similarities (size, spread offense, etc.) but LeFevour's arm strength is much worse, he hasn't faced SEC competition like Tebow has and his intangibles are inferior as well.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

        Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

        Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
          A lot of boards that I've seen have had Trent Williams falling more towards the end of the season based on the idea that he is more suited as a RT at the NFL level. It's interesting that he has stayed in the top 5 in your senior ranking still.

          Curious, where was Iupati in your previous rankings? Is he one of the biggest risers?

          Scotty is going to LOVE seeing D'Imporio on your underrated list.
          don't think he changed the top 32.

          edit: yea he did nevermind, I just looked at the top 10.
          Last edited by redbills; 12-21-2009, 09:37 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Great job, Scott, keep up the good work.

            Comment


            • #7
              Why didn't you add the undercalssmen that declared?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                A lot of boards that I've seen have had Trent Williams falling more towards the end of the season based on the idea that he is more suited as a RT at the NFL level. It's interesting that he has stayed in the top 5 in your senior ranking still.

                Curious, where was Iupati in your previous rankings? Is he one of the biggest risers?

                Scotty is going to LOVE seeing D'Imporio on your underrated list.
                Iupati was my #1 OG from the start and he only moved up about 10 spots in the overall. I have always been very high on him and he is a legit late 1st / early 2nd rounder in my book.

                As for Williams, he may not be a left tackle in the pros but at the very least he is still a great right tackle prospect. Also, Williams is in my Top 5 overall now but once the underclassmen get factored in he'll likely drop 5-10 spots. Despite some struggles this year I still really like Williams.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

                Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

                Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                  Iupati was my #1 OG from the start and he only moved up about 10 spots in the overall. I have always been very high on him.

                  As for Williams, he may not be a left tackle in the pros but at the very least he is still a great right tackle prospect. Also, Williams is in my Top 5 overall now but once the underclassmen get factored in he'll likely drop 5-10 spots. Despite some struggles this year I still really like Williams.
                  That makes sense. You have Iupati as your #1 OG but where do you think he would fall as an OT prospect?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by redbills View Post
                    Why didn't you add the undercalssmen that declared?
                    It's just too hard to add them one by one as they declare, especially once the floodgates open.

                    I have always added them all at once after the deadline.
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

                    Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

                    Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm a bit curious why Charles Scott is still ranked above guys like Ben Tate and Montario Hardesty. Both of those guys won't have the oversized back/lack of speed concerns Scott has. Scott also hasn't shown that he's really all that durable through the years either. Hardesty and Tate are also superior receivers, from what I've seen as well. All of them are one year wonders, with the exception of perhaps Tate, but Scott has gone down a level while Hardesty and Tate have stepped it up.

                      R.I.P. Junior Seau

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I can appreciate your effort, but I doubt you want sugar coated feedback. I counted 9 prospects on your big board who I feel don't belong.

                        Mays and Williams both in the top 5 is puzzling to say the least. Remember all the hype Duke Robinson got last year? Think Duke Robinson when you think Trent Williams.

                        I really don't get calling Gearhart a FB and then putting him on your big board. If you truely believe he's a FB how could he carry enough value to be on your big board? Personally I see Gearhart as a mid 3rd to 4th round prospect in the mold of Brian Leonard. Leonard seems way more athletic and he's barely staying in the league.

                        You say Ducasse can play tackle or guard. It would be more realistic if it said he was a tackle who will have to play guard. 16th overall?

                        Do you think Patrick Robinson will get better in the NFL? Because right now he struggles to cover college receivers. He has some upside and physical ability, but to rank him 12th overall blows my mind. He looks like a late 2nd round pick at best, but probably falls into the mid 3rd.

                        Kyle Wilson, see Patrick Robinson but add he plays against less elite talent in the WAC. This is dubbed as a poor CB class and you have 3 senior CB's on your big board.

                        Tenth seems aweful high for Greg Hardy after this train wreck of a senior season. Same with Gresham. A TE in the top ten better have Vernon Davis type skill sets.

                        Selvish Capers 33rd? You do know he's a RT in WVU's gimmicky offense right? Not even a very good one. He's like a 4th or 5 round prospect.

                        D'Anthony Smith 46th? This guy always almost makes the play. He's just a step too late. Great effort guy, but about 2 steps behind in the NFL.

                        Sorry to disagree, I'm not trying to be harsh. Just trying to help out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          I'm a bit curious why Charles Scott is still ranked above guys like Ben Tate and Montario Hardesty. Both of those guys won't have the oversized back/lack of speed concerns Scott has. Scott also hasn't shown that he's really all that durable through the years either. Hardesty and Tate are also superior receivers, from what I've seen as well. All of them are one year wonders, with the exception of perhaps Tate, but Scott has gone down a level while Hardesty and Tate have stepped it up.
                          I agree. I can't speak for Tate as I didn't see him play but one game, but Montario Hardesty should be ahead of Scott IMO. He had an excellent year holding off the number one recruit in the nation and running behind an offensive line that included two six foot, 260 lb walk-ons and a converted TE freshman at right tackle. I would've liked to see what Hardesty could have done behind an o-line like Bama's.

                          Also, Scott why did Rico McCoy drop on your rankings? He had a really good year.
                          Last edited by CashmoneyDrew; 12-21-2009, 02:50 PM.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
                            I can appreciate your effort, but I doubt you want sugar coated feedback. I counted 9 prospects on your big board who I feel don't belong.

                            Mays and Williams both in the top 5 is puzzling to say the least. Remember all the hype Duke Robinson got last year? Think Duke Robinson when you think Trent Williams.

                            I really don't get calling Gearhart a FB and then putting him on your big board. If you truely believe he's a FB how could he carry enough value to be on your big board? Personally I see Gearhart as a mid 3rd to 4th round prospect in the mold of Brian Leonard. Leonard seems way more athletic and he's barely staying in the league.

                            You say Ducasse can play tackle or guard. It would be more realistic if it said he was a tackle who will have to play guard. 16th overall?

                            Do you think Patrick Robinson will get better in the NFL? Because right now he struggles to cover college receivers. He has some upside and physical ability, but to rank him 12th overall blows my mind. He looks like a late 2nd round pick at best, but probably falls into the mid 3rd.

                            Kyle Wilson, see Patrick Robinson but add he plays against less elite talent in the WAC. This is dubbed as a poor CB class and you have 3 senior CB's on your big board.

                            Tenth seems aweful high for Greg Hardy after this train wreck of a senior season. Same with Gresham. A TE in the top ten better have Vernon Davis type skill sets.

                            Selvish Capers 33rd? You do know he's a RT in WVU's gimmicky offense right? Not even a very good one. He's like a 4th or 5 round prospect.

                            D'Anthony Smith 46th? This guy always almost makes the play. He's just a step too late. Great effort guy, but about 2 steps behind in the NFL.

                            Sorry to disagree, I'm not trying to be harsh. Just trying to help out.
                            i completly agree you got it correct broseph

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cajuncorey View Post
                              i completly agree you got it correct broseph
                              Atleast someone addressed my post.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information