Matt Szczur WR Villanova?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Szczur WR Villanova?

Anyone think this kid will be drafted? He's a WR from Villanova the FCS Champs and all he does is make big plays... Anyone have any info on this kid? Could be the next Wes Welker just faster... Had 11 carries for 159yrds from the WildCat and 4 receptions for 68yrds agains Montana in the FCS Championship game...
    Last edited by RGVBadBoy; 12-21-2009, 03:10 PM.

Probably will be a late round or UDFA. He reminds me a bit of Cribbs.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      Probably will be a late round or UDFA. He reminds me a bit of Cribbs.
      Yeah, I agree.... I hope he gets a shot..

Comment

How do you pronounce that???

The first thing he need to do when he gets into the NFL is buy a damn vowel. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          How do you pronounce that???
          It's pronounced like "Caesar".

Comment

He is only a junior. 5'11" 195 lbs.

I would say if he has another huge year, he will get a combine invite next year. That will determine a lot towards where he will be drafted.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=234103

Comment

It's just like the Pokemon "Scizor".

Faster than Welker? Huh...

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post

Arent they all faster than Welker? yet very few can duplicate his feats.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post

The Welker comparisons are more than just skin deep. He was referred to as the DI-AA (FCS or whatever) Percy Harvin. He's a do it all guy that could excel at the next level. When he comes out I'd consider him more a Mid Round option than Late-UDFA. He does more than former second round pick out of Appalachian State, Dexter Jackson. A lot of versatility, as a guy that can line up at RB, WR, PR, KR, on any coverage unit, or even QB in a Wildcat. There's a lot to him and I like the Szczur-Welker comparisons more than the Shipley-Welker. I like him to go between the 4th and 6th Rounds and he could be an effective player at the next level it looks.

He's fast, very decisive, quick, has great vision, is sure-handed, and can make plays after the catch. A lot of unexpected acceleration, burst, and fight for yards in him.

Not too shabby a prospect...

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                    The Welker comparisons are more than just skin deep. He was referred to as the DI-AA (FCS or whatever) Percy Harvin. He's a do it all guy that could excel at the next level. When he comes out I'd consider him more a Mid Round option than Late-UDFA. He does more than former second round pick out of Appalachian State, Dexter Jackson. A lot of versatility, as a guy that can line up at RB, WR, PR, KR, on any coverage unit, or even QB in a Wildcat. There's a lot to him and I like the Szczur-Welker comparisons more than the Shipley-Welker. I like him to go between the 4th and 6th Rounds and he could be an effective player at the next level it looks.

He's fast, very decisive, quick, has great vision, is sure-handed, and can make plays after the catch. A lot of unexpected acceleration, burst, and fight for yards in him.

Not too shabby a prospect...
                    Sounds more like Cribbs or Hester. Welker isnt all that versatile really. I wished i had watched that game over the weekend the guy sounds like a real sleeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      Sounds more like Cribbs or Hester. Welker isnt all that versatile really. I wished i had watched that game over the weekend the guy sounds like a real sleeper.
                      I'm sure you may be able to get the game re-run on ESPNU or ESPN late at night. Hester and Cribbs each have certain abilities that really set them apart, Hester has his speed and elusiveness, Cribbs has his toughness, relentlessness and vision, and I believe Szczur's IQ offensively is a bit higher. Think a step behind Percy Harvin. Very similar roles and players. Different level of competition.

Comment

BBall guy, the guy could maybe get drafted or at least find a place or something but he will be drafted for baseball pretty high so he'll prolly choose that

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                          BBall guy, the guy could maybe get drafted or at least find a place or something but he will be drafted for baseball pretty high so he'll prolly choose that
                          Absolutely, baseball will be a concern for teams drafting him or Riley Cooper out of Florida. He's a catcher, and a very good one at that. Just a very athletic, smart guy. If he gets positive feedback from NFL evaluators, I'd like to imagine he'll stick with football. That's just wishful thinking though.

Comment

Found this article about him. He already was drafted out of hs for baseball. The article compares him to a smaller Kevin Curtis.

http://dailyphiladelphian.com/2009/1...-championship/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.KnowItAll View Post
                              Found this article about him. He already was drafted out of hs for baseball. The article compares him to a smaller Kevin Curtis.

http://dailyphiladelphian.com/2009/1...-championship/
                              Ironically, he's heavier than Kevin Curtis, he's about an inch or so shorter though, he's listed at 5'11.... Curtis can absolutely FLY though...

From one article I read, Szczur was a pretty decent sprinter in his track days, even set his school record in the 55m dash.... Maybe Szczur will impress at the Villanova pro day...
                              Last edited by RGVBadBoy; 12-21-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information