Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prospects that will probably come out when they shouldn't??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prospects that will probably come out when they shouldn't??

    Every year you have a ton of Redshirt Sophmores and Juniors that enter the draft and as soon as you hear/read their name, you sit there with the WTF face. Of course it's gonna happen this year, so my question is what players do you see making a mistake coming out too early???

    The first player that comes to mind is.......

    Joe McKnight- I believe if he went back to school for his SR year he may have a chance of being drafted in the late first- early second round granted he were to have a great season. This year I see him falling to perhaps the 6th round (similar to Chauncey Washington, although he returned to school)
    RIP Sean Taylor....

    MarkieMark's dream 2010 Redskins mock: Updated 4/9
    TRAAAADE DOOOOWN
    Round 1- OT Brian Bulaga- Iowa
    Round 4- OT Sam Young- Notre Damn
    Round 5- C John Estes- Hawaii
    Round 7- RB/WR/KR/PR Trindon Holliday- LSU

  • #2
    This should be good

    Comment


    • #3
      Greg Romeus - DE - Pittsburgh.

      Already has stock that may land him in the 1st round. With that said, he still lacks enough rush technique that allows him to be swallowed up at times. He can also sometimes lose focus of setting the edge in the run game.

      All of these issues, I believe are simply a symptom of his inexperience.

      He's an amazing talent already considering he's only been playing football since his Sr year of highschool.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DreadedDatSkinsFan View Post
        Every year you have a ton of Redshirt Sophmores and Juniors that enter the draft and as soon as you hear/read their name, you sit there with the WTF face. Of course it's gonna happen this year, so my question is what players do you see making a mistake coming out too early???

        The first player that comes to mind is.......

        Joe McKnight- I believe if he went back to school for his SR year he may have a chance of being drafted in the late first- early second round granted he were to have a great season. This year I see him falling to perhaps the 6th round (similar to Chauncey Washington, although he returned to school)
        If McKnight has any pro talent, he'll show it in the post season draft process, if he doesn't it really won't matter when he comes out.
        People laughed at Sanchez for coming out but he showed in the post season that he had plenty of talent and shot up draft boards at a tremendous rate.
        The pros really don't care that much about your college production, that will get you an invite to the Senior Bowl and the Combine but you had better produce when you get there or you'll drop like a stone. Similarly, if you show up at the combine and dominate, you'll shoot up draft boards at an accelerated rate.
        Many players who declare have either eligibility problems and won't get to play if they return to school or have no intension of returning to school.
        The only players who shouldn't declare are maybe top 10 potential talents who have been informed that in this draft, they won't go that high, the difference in money may make it well worth their time to return to school.
        And proud of it!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I understand the decision for Jimmy Clausen to enter the draft, I mean he'll probably be a top 10 pick. But he could use another year in college, he has a lot of maturing to do IMO.

          Comment


          • #6
            Earl Thomas shouldnt.

            He's a great player, but he's not going to go very high because of the depth at safety this year. Also, he has the negative of not having ideal height/weight.

            Comment


            • #7
              Major Wright & Ahmad Black. And Earl Thomas will more then likely get that first round grade that he covets.

              #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions


              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

              Comment


              • #8
                Dennis Rogan. He'll be a 5th rounder at best IMO, but if he stayed one more year he could probably go in the third.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                  Earl Thomas shouldnt.

                  He's a great player, but he's not going to go very high because of the depth at safety this year. Also, he has the negative of not having ideal height/weight.
                  Earl Thomas is going to be picked in the Top 20, maybe even before Taylor Mays, depending on where the dart lands in Oakland.

                  My player would be either Evan Royster or Carlos Dunlap.

                  BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                    Greg Romeus - DE - Pittsburgh.

                    Already has stock that may land him in the 1st round. With that said, he still lacks enough rush technique that allows him to be swallowed up at times. He can also sometimes lose focus of setting the edge in the run game.

                    All of these issues, I believe are simply a symptom of his inexperience.

                    He's an amazing talent already considering he's only been playing football since his Sr year of highschool.
                    Romeus could be a very high pick in the 2011 draft. Right now with all the talented DE prospects, most of whom are more polished at this point I can't see Romeus getting drafted any higher than about 25th overall and that's best case scenario. More realistically he would probably fall to the top of the 2nd. Next year he could be as high as 15th with an outside shot at the top 10.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                      Earl Thomas is going to be picked in the Top 20, maybe even before Taylor Mays, depending on where the dart lands in Oakland.

                      My player would be either Evan Royster or Carlos Dunlap.
                      I agree, Thomas should come out now. I also agree he could get drafted ahead of Mays.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                        Dennis Rogan. He'll be a 5th rounder at best IMO, but if he stayed one more year he could probably go in the third.
                        yeah. But try to see where some of these guys are coming from. Many football players don't come from a lot. If he goes pro now, he will be signed for 5th round money, like probably 500k a year. Now I don't know how many real jobs you know, that pay like that. Especially fresh outta University. I don't know any. (Probably had the wrong major, though. ;-P).

                        If he's going back and is going to injure himself, as a projected 5th rounder this year, he's probably not going to get drafted at all. And then he's bound to find a real job with his college degree.

                        Depending on your background and / or your desire for money, it's the smart move to come out asap.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PickedOffTwice View Post
                          yeah. But try to see where some of these guys are coming from. Many football players don't come from a lot. If he goes pro now, he will be signed for 5th round money, like probably 500k a year. Now I don't know how many real jobs you know, that pay like that. Especially fresh outta University. I don't know any. (Probably had the wrong major, though. ;-P).

                          If he's going back and is going to injure himself, as a projected 5th rounder this year, he's probably not going to get drafted at all. And then he's bound to find a real job with his college degree.

                          Depending on your background and / or your desire for money, it's the smart move to come out asap.
                          Some good points in this post.

                          Could you immagine the anxiety thinking about NFL money and trying to impress scouts but at the same time not get hurt and lose it all? I really feel for the few guys every year who see their dream and financial security go out the window because of an injury. It's the mid to late round guys who are all or nothing. When a highly touted prospect gets hurt his draft stock suffers and he loses money, but generally still gets drafted and still gets some money.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
                            Some good points in this post.

                            Could you immagine the anxiety thinking about NFL money and trying to impress scouts but at the same time not get hurt and lose it all? I really feel for the few guys every year who see their dream and financial security go out the window because of an injury. It's the mid to late round guys who are all or nothing. When a highly touted prospect gets hurt his draft stock suffers and he loses money, but generally still gets drafted and still gets some money.
                            Thats' exactly the point. The mid round guys are the quiet victims in this game. A guy like Sam Bradford goes back to college, hurts his throwing shoulder and still gets projected in the first round.

                            Mid round guys should come out as soon as they are sure to be drafted.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PickedOffTwice View Post
                              Thats' exactly the point. The mid round guys are the quiet victims in this game. A guy like Sam Bradford goes back to college, hurts his throwing shoulder and still gets projected in the first round.

                              Mid round guys should come out as soon as they are sure to be drafted.
                              It's almost like playing the stock market.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information