Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I took the actual Wonderlic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I took the actual Wonderlic

    So I had a job interview and after the 1st interview I was asked to take an assessment test. I was told by the manager that it was the actual Wonderlic used for the NFL Draft.

    Just for some information so you guys don't think I'm an idiot, I'm a recent graduate from Texas A&M with a business degree and scored a 1270 on the GRE (750 quantitative/520 verbal).

    I have to say, it was pretty tough and I could easily see Vince Young scoring single digits. I myself didn't even finish (I think I skipped like 5-7 questions near the end). It wasn't all multiple choice and some math questions were fill in the blank. I believe it was 50 questions in 30 minutes.

    Anyways, I ended up getting a 2nd interview so I think I had a decent score at least.

  • #2
    Well that's pretty cool. It makes me wonder if there a place online to take the test and see your score. If there isn't there should be.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
      Well that's pretty cool. It makes me wonder if there a place online to take the test and see your score. If there isn't there should be.
      There are some sample wonderlics online, but not the real thing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Did you study for it? Do NFL prospects study for it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
          Did you study for it? Do NFL prospects study for it?
          Well they know they will take it so obviously yes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
            Did you study for it? Do NFL prospects study for it?
            No. Didn't know I was going to take it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by redbills View Post
              Well they know they will take it so obviously yes.
              There's not really many ways to study for the Wonderlic when no one really knows what's on it and there aren't many practice tools. I doubt many sit down and crack the books for the Wonderlic.

              big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

              Comment


              • #8
                Agents go over the Wonderlic with there clients before many times.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                  There's not really many ways to study for the Wonderlic when no one really knows what's on it and there aren't many practice tools. I doubt many sit down and crack the books for the Wonderlic.
                  Well if a was a agent I'd make my guys go over stuff so they don't score a 2. I bet most if not all go over stuff if not they are dumb.

                  Kinda like state test for high school (ie OGT), you don't know what things will be on it as it changes year to year, but you just don't say "**** I don't know what will be on it so screw it".
                  Last edited by redbills; 12-23-2009, 04:39 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by redbills View Post
                    Well they know they will take it so obviously yes.
                    Yeah I know they know they will take it, but I don't know if there is some sort of study guide for it or whatever... stupid question anyways.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                      There's not really many ways to study for the Wonderlic when no one really knows what's on it and there aren't many practice tools. I doubt many sit down and crack the books for the Wonderlic.
                      Agreed. I also feel that the Wonderlic does not affect a prospects draft grade at all so there is really no point to study for it. I don't want to just single him out but see Vince Young.

                      Sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by redbills View Post
                        Well if a was a agent I'd make my guys go over stuff so they don't score a 2. I bet most if not all go over stuff if not they are dumb.

                        Kinda like state test for high school (ie OGT), you don't know what things will be on it as it changes year to year, but you just don't say "**** I don't know what will be on it so screw it".
                        I'm sure some find a way to prep for it, but at that time of year it'd be far from my biggest concern as an agent or player to do well on the Wonderlic. There's so much these guys are preparing for, physically and mentally, that I'm sure some/or most don't really give it the time of day. I think mentally, agents are more concerned about their clients' ability to answer questions they may face in interviews with NFL coaches, evaluators, and position coaches rather than having them study for a [fairly] meaningless test.

                        big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I wonder what you would study? I mean, it's 6th grade math and reading comprehension. (I'm not calling anyone stupid, but quite frankly, most people don't read, write, or compute on a 6th grade level.)
                          **** her in da *****!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            These guys prepare for EVERYTHING! They go to places like Athletes Performance in Arizona and live there for 2 months just for whats at the combine. This includes Wonderlic test prep, combine drills, interview prep, etc.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The only way to prep for it is to do yoga.

                              Just relax and read the entire question.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information