Robert Johnson Utah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Johnson Utah

You wanna move him up your rankings, Scott?

Dominated tonight against Cal. 6 INTs this season and 13 in his 3 year career at Utah. Good size at 6'2 200lbs, hits, tackles, and plays the run pretty good.

I don't see how he runs 4.75...that's realllllll slow. Guy used to run the 200m his freshman year (21.65 seconds). Anyways...guy has alot of tools to work with. He just suffers from playing at Utah.

I was hoping he'd remain a sleeper but the tape on him the last 2 games alone will have scouts interested.

If he runs a respectable time at all he'd be a FS prospect I'd certainly be targeting. There aren't alot of FS's in this draft with alot of ball skills and Johnson surely is one of them.

Comment

SSShhhhhhh!!! Trying to keep him under Sleeper status!!! :D

Comment

Yeah I agree, the kid can simply play and is one of the better second tear safeties around. Not much to not like about him, and his game speed is just fine.

Comment

I see Johnson as a 4 rounder right now .He has great size at 6-2 200 pounds and should run in the 4.5 range at the NFL Combine. He has the ability to match up with tight ends and running backs and can even coverage wide receivers if he is asked to.

Comment

He really impressed me last night. He should be moving up a lot of teams draft boards.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I've always like Robert Johnson.

Great size at 6'1" about 205 pounds and just a natural ballhawk.

There is no way he drops to the fourth round, especially after his last couple games for the Utes. 2nd-3rd round right now.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                I've always like Robert Johnson.

Great size at 6'1" about 205 pounds and just a natural ballhawk.

There is no way he drops to the fourth round, especially after his last couple games for the Utes. 2nd-3rd round right now.
                Where do you have him rated amongst safties then including juniors??

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.KnowItAll View Post
                  Where do you have him rated amongst safties then including juniors??
                  1. Berry
                  2. Mays
                  3. Thomas
                  4. Nate Allen
                  5. Chad Jones
                  6. Robert Johnson

Both Berry and Thomas (most likely) still have to declare, as well as Chad Jones, so...

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                    1. Berry
                    2. Mays
                    3. Thomas
                    4. Nate Allen
                    5. Chad Jones
                    6. Robert Johnson

Both Berry and Thomas (most likely) still have to declare, as well as Chad Jones, so...
                    Reshad Jones, Morgan Burnett or Darrell Stuckey anywhere near?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Reshad Jones, Morgan Burnett or Darrell Stuckey anywhere near?
                      Yea, I actually have Stuckey right after Johnson.

I'm not sold at all on Jones. With all the criticism that Taylor Mays gets for his game, things like being only a "headhunter" or not playing the passing game too well, Reshad Jones deserves the same criticism.

On Burnett, he is right around there in the mix.

Comment

Let's say he is the 6th rated safety(I have Burnett, Jones ahead). There were 5 safties drafted last year in the first three rounds. Well you can say this is a better safety class but how much higher does that make him go if he is the sixth best? I wouldn't say there is no way he is a 4th rounder then and I wouldn't call him a second rounder if he is 6th best(I have him at 8th).

Comment

Originally posted by foozball View Post
                          He just suffers from playing at Utah.
                          Excuse me?....

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            Excuse me?....
                            What? You don't agree that Utah doesn't get the rep they deserve?

Comment

Originally posted by foozball View Post
                              What? You don't agree that Utah doesn't get the rep they deserve?
                              I agree with that but I thought you meant like the program is bringing him down. It hasn't stopped them from getting their players out.. Especially DBs. Sean Smith and Brian McCain. My bad man I thought you meant something totally different.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information