Senior RB's for 2017 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior RB's for 2017 NFL Draft

I posted a similar thread on the quarterback position but it holds true at running back as well. I'm going through and doing my initial rough rankings of the seniors at each position and I don't know if I see an obvious Day 1 OR Day 2 runner. Now the running back position is historically dominated by underclassmen anyway, but this year may take it to an extreme. I'm sure someone will emerge throughout the rest of the season and pre-draft process, but usually at this point there is a Carlos Hyde, Charles Sims or Ameer Abdullah who looks like a pretty safe bet to be selected in the Top 100.

Or am I just missing the boat on a senior runner?
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Kade Harrington and Derrick Craine are a couple of good Senior FCS RBs.
    Last edited by Scott Wright; 10-18-2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Matt Dayes (NCST) and Jamaal Williams (BYU) look like the two best to me... Two very, very underrated prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by shameshame6 View Post
        Matt Dayes (NCST) and Jamaal Williams (BYU) look like the two best to me... Two very, very underrated prospects.
        Good eye. Those are two I like, albeit on Day 3, as well.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Though he may get listed as a slot WR or just a gadget type player, I would personally list him at RB - that is Taquan Mizzell from Virginia. In the modern NFL having a guy who is a legit threat to run and catch out of the backfield is a prerequisite. So far as true Seniors are concerned I like him a lot as a player who can make a roster and serve a purpose.

Another name that I dont think gets quite enough love is De'Veon Smith from Michigan. He is a four year player that never had a huge workload, not sure he is worth anything beyond a Day 3/4 type of pick, but I generally like his running style and build

Comment

Maybe one of these guys: Elijah McGuire, Jamaal Williams, Matt Dayes, Donnel Pumphrey, Corey Clement, Kareem Hunt.

Comment

Would love to see Nick Chubb return to pre injury form and 2018 a clear #1 senior prospect.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information